TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

The funny thing is that Medusa wasn't 'terrible' in comparison to some others. Not that it was going to be in my top 10 or anything, but I think it could have been a good ride with some minor tweaking. I won't complain though if it turns out to be anything like New Texas Giant or Iron Rattler based on what others have said about them.

main_SFMXMedusa.jpg.2cca5115e4b4674bf14a2e00fb3ca2d4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeeAr-nwX4 It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Mexico will introduce a brand new coaster experience, the first hybrid coaster of its kind in the country. Medusa will be transformed into the new innovative Medusa Steel Coaster, featuring a slick steel track atop a wooden base and this giant beast will feature impressive heights, astonishing speeds, stomach-tightening inversions, and an adrenaline rush like no other with its steep drop, extreme turns, and twisting inversions.

This technological innovation will combine the classic thrills of a wooden structure, with a new modern track and rails constructed out of steel, providing a ride that’s fiercer and smoother than ever before. Riders will elevate up to touch the sky atop the 98-foot lift hill. Then, you’ll whip over the peak and conquer the heart-racing plunge downward at an unbelievable 58 miles per hour. You’ll reach the bottom of this gut-wrenching slope before you even have time to scream.

You’ll then thunder around 3,000 feet of non-stop action, tackling surprising over-banked turns, sliding around dramatic curves, and twisting through outrageous inversions, flipping head-over-heels through a winding coil. Medusa Steel Coaster will feature two newly-themed trains topped with a mythic eye-catching Medusa head, which will run simultaneously to deliver continuous thrills and screams.

The renovated, first-of-its-kind roller coaster is set to debut in summer 2014. Are you ready to take on the rip-roaring Medusa Steel Coaster?

BS1k2DdCEAAggvE.jpg_large.jpg.def88f8047c8ea5ba37847cc144aac17.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

After all the terms of hybrid and is it a woodie or not thrown around in the past , I find it quiet interesting that they went with Medusa steel coaster as opposed to Iron Medusa or something along those lines. I have no problems with it at all, I just find it interesting

That first drop is awesome with the inversion to start it. It looks like its going to be another winner from RMC. Why hasn't Cedar Fair jumped on this? Looks I will be trying to go down south next year.

Edited by Mrlittle

I think now that they have several months of operation out of their own trains, they are happy enough with their performance that they no longer have to go with the Gerstlauer trains. But, I am sure the SFOT incident helped make that decision much easier.

I think now that they have several months of operation out of their own trains, they are happy enough with their performance that they no longer have to go with the Gerstlauer trains. But, I am sure the SFOT incident helped make that decision much easier.

Going to echo this, they designed their trains for their rides, so with a catalyst like the NTAG incident, i'm sure it was a no-brainer to go with their own technology for these new rides.

And this medusa rework...HOLY CRAP, the rocky mountain boys really want to keep pushing the envelope

....and i'm totally okay with this, now to book a mexico trip again

I'm wondering if that is the Wingover Drop Darien Lake was talking about in it's concept of Lake Monster??? either way that first drop on the New Medusa looks sick!!! as does Goliath at SFGAm RMC is really on a roll

Exactly what I was thinking. This ride looks amazing and very intense.