Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

P. 96 - CraZantiy Frisbee Ride Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:04 pm

If the trains are themed like NTAG and IRAT, I think it would be cool to see a Stone Medusa head or something on the front (should the Medusa theme continue). This will be an interesting project; can't wait to see the layout!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Viva La Mexico!...Trip that is.

Glad to see that the RMC-Six Flags partnership continues...lots of material (read: bad woodies) to work with!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby carolinacaniac » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:57 pm

The funny thing is that Medusa wasn't 'terrible' in comparison to some others. Not that it was going to be in my top 10 or anything, but I think it could have been a good ride with some minor tweaking. I won't complain though if it turns out to be anything like New Texas Giant or Iron Rattler based on what others have said about them.
"Imagine the Crystal Beach Cyclone with a Gerstlauer train!"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:16 am

main_SFMXMedusa.jpg

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Mexico will introduce a brand new coaster experience, the first hybrid coaster of its kind in the country. Medusa will be transformed into the new innovative Medusa Steel Coaster, featuring a slick steel track atop a wooden base and this giant beast will feature impressive heights, astonishing speeds, stomach-tightening inversions, and an adrenaline rush like no other with its steep drop, extreme turns, and twisting inversions.

This technological innovation will combine the classic thrills of a wooden structure, with a new modern track and rails constructed out of steel, providing a ride that’s fiercer and smoother than ever before. Riders will elevate up to touch the sky atop the 98-foot lift hill. Then, you’ll whip over the peak and conquer the heart-racing plunge downward at an unbelievable 58 miles per hour. You’ll reach the bottom of this gut-wrenching slope before you even have time to scream.

You’ll then thunder around 3,000 feet of non-stop action, tackling surprising over-banked turns, sliding around dramatic curves, and twisting through outrageous inversions, flipping head-over-heels through a winding coil. Medusa Steel Coaster will feature two newly-themed trains topped with a mythic eye-catching Medusa head, which will run simultaneously to deliver continuous thrills and screams.

The renovated, first-of-its-kind roller coaster is set to debut in summer 2014. Are you ready to take on the rip-roaring Medusa Steel Coaster?
BS1k2DdCEAAggvE.jpg_large.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:49 am.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:51 am

Ths looks like my favorite new attraction that was announced this morning. I will have to do the next TPR trip.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:54 am

^Agreed. The layout looks so good. There is an insane amount of twisty airtime hops and drops all over the layout among the heavily banked turns and barrel rolls!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 am

This coaster looks really exciting! Can't wait to see more!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby johnnyknottsville » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:04 am

I'm wondering if that is the Wingover Drop Darien Lake was talking about in it's concept of Lake Monster??? either way that first drop on the New Medusa looks sick!!! as does Goliath at SFGAm RMC is really on a roll :lmao:
I'm back
OoooWe I didn't come here to play with you woes... hahaha. I came here to Slay Biotch!!!...Um hmm I like cornbread and collard greens biotch...yous better believe it!!!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 am

This is SWEET! Gotta go to Mexico!

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:42 am

Wow. Looks like Goliath has a ride to compete with!
Favourite Coaster: Steel Vengeance
Other Favourites: SkyRush, Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Magnum XL-200, Voyage, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Outlaw Run, and Storm Runner

Obsessed with S&S Screamin Swings

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

Hello Kitty is not a cat. Hello Kitty is god. You exist only at Hello Kitty's pleasure. Crawl like drugged roaches before her splendor

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!