TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Perfect for Dorney!

dorney-sample-rendering-landing-page.png.44835e69557a3521c3f4f914e81352c9.png

NEW FOR 2014 - SNAKE PIT

Addition of Major Slide Complex Brings a Wilder, Wetter Wildwater Kingdom Experience to Guests in its 30th Season

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom will bring top rated thrills into its world class water park with the addition of Snake Pit, a complex that will bring six new slide experiences to guests in the 2014 season. In combination with the largest selection of water park attractions in the Northeast, this addition reinforces Wildwater Kingdom is the region’s must visit destination for summer family fun..

The six new slides offer a variety of opportunities for Guests to test their limits as they look to cool off from the summer heat. At the peak of the 65-foot-tall structure, guests will step into the chambers of Python Plummet that will send them into a free-fall drop as long as 450-feet. In addition to this intense experience, Guests can also choose between the three different tube slides of Boa Blasters and the Constrictor.

“With this major expansion to Wildwater Kingdom we will continue to bring a best-day-of-the-summer experience to our Guests that makes Dorney Park the entertainment destination of choice in the Northeast,” states Michael Fehnel, Vice President and General Manager of Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. “We chose this multi-slide complex to offer our Guests an entirely new variety of water slide experiences. Now with 26 slides, Wildwater Kingdom is the perfect place for summer fun.”

2014_Slide_feature2.jpg.d7399613037dac01206d3792678e3f6a.jpg2014_slide_rendering2.png.a43047893641cbb3959aef017ff53e3b.png

Edited by robbalvey

This looks great! I especially like the jagged yellow bits on the blue slide, very cool look. This looks to be very similar to the new complex at Oceans of Fun. Sounds like Dorney is pretty similar to WoF in that the waterpark is often much more popular than the theme park is, and if so, this should be a big hit.

I think that the far right slide on Python plummet looks especially thrilling with it's somewhat shorter length and longer drop at the end.. I wish they'd build one of these trap door slides out here in California!

As much as I love seeing my home park getting something that makes people in other states jealous, I'm disappointed (but not surprised) the dry park isn't getting anything next year. I'm not really a water park kind of guy, the last time (and only time in recent memory) my family went to WWK we waited forty minutes for a speed slide and then called it a day. Although I've always wanted to try a trap door slide so maybe this'll be a good reason to give it another chance.

I like it because it'll serve a duel-purpose: give me something new to try out next year AND give the GP another reason to stay in WWK for longer so lines in the main park will remain shorter for longer. This can really help Dorney earn some more money over the next couple of years to prepare for the park's next major addition.

This is the exact same slide tower that Worlds of Fun got this year. I had the chance to ride all of the slides there back on July 4th and I was very disappointed in almost all of them. The constructor slide is an absolutely horrible design. The majority of the slide is very slow and even going through the extra tight turns you only gain a little bit of speed, not enough to make the ride worth it. I definitely gave this ride a thumbs down and thought it was the worst in the entire complex. the other tube slides were actually fairly decent giving great airtime over the tall drops. The trap door slides are the worst of the three types of trap door slides I've ridden (Scorpions Tail at Noah's Ark an AquaLoop and the Banzai Pipeline slides at Six Flags Americabeing the others). The slides never really gain any speed and weren't any more thrilling than normal body slides.

The general public will eat this addition up, although in terms of actual water park additions from someone that really likes water parks, I think they could have done a lot better.

I've been to Dorney three times and have never been in their water park. I tried going in it one year on a Saturday, but the crowds were crazy. It was a struggle just to walk through the wave of people, so I decided to just ride the coasters some more. This slide complex looks great and it should definitely keep the guests flowing through the gate. Funtown's water park added a drop slide like the Python Pit this year and it was a huge hit.

Definitely the perfect move for CF and Dorney....love the addition.

Not sure if I would do some of those trap door slides though. How do people like them compared to the old drop/speed slide towers where you got the honor of digging your bathing suit out of your back county road in front of spectators and enjoyed snorting & inhaling two cups of chlorinated water on the way down?

This looks like a perfect addition for Dorney, considering the popularity of the water park. Sad that Riptide Run has to go, as it's a lot of fun and always reminds me of Schlitterbahn. Excited to get back to the park eventually.

Definitely the perfect move for CF and Dorney....love the addition.

Not sure if I would do some of those trap door slides though. How do people like them compared to the old drop/speed slide towers where you got the honor of digging your bathing suit out of your back county road in front of spectators and enjoyed snorting & inhaling two cups of chlorinated water on the way down?

I've only been on the trap door slides at Water Country USA and I loved them! The best water slide experiences I've ever had.