Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 428: Seaside Splashworks water play structure announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Makes perfect sense...their water park had been busy every time I have been there when the temp is over 65 degrees. Amusement park is no where near as crowded unless it's some specific event or Halloweekends.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 am

I am excited to see the park growing and expanding. I love Dorney a lot because it still has a lot of that classic park feel.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Coasterguy21 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:40 am

I'm still not at the point to post a link, but Wildwater Kingdom will open Snake Pit, a waterslide complex for 2014.

It will feature three trap-door slides, two tube slides and a constrictor slide (which is also a tube).
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Sue » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 am

Here's the details from Dorney's website:

https://www.dorneypark.com/what-s-new/snake-pit-new-for-2014

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 am

Perfect for Dorney!

dorney-sample-rendering-landing-page.png
NEW FOR 2014 - SNAKE PIT

Addition of Major Slide Complex Brings a Wilder, Wetter Wildwater Kingdom Experience to Guests in its 30th Season

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom will bring top rated thrills into its world class water park with the addition of Snake Pit, a complex that will bring six new slide experiences to guests in the 2014 season. In combination with the largest selection of water park attractions in the Northeast, this addition reinforces Wildwater Kingdom is the region’s must visit destination for summer family fun..

The six new slides offer a variety of opportunities for Guests to test their limits as they look to cool off from the summer heat. At the peak of the 65-foot-tall structure, guests will step into the chambers of Python Plummet that will send them into a free-fall drop as long as 450-feet. In addition to this intense experience, Guests can also choose between the three different tube slides of Boa Blasters and the Constrictor.

“With this major expansion to Wildwater Kingdom we will continue to bring a best-day-of-the-summer experience to our Guests that makes Dorney Park the entertainment destination of choice in the Northeast,” states Michael Fehnel, Vice President and General Manager of Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. “We chose this multi-slide complex to offer our Guests an entirely new variety of water slide experiences. Now with 26 slides, Wildwater Kingdom is the perfect place for summer fun.”

2014_Slide_feature2.jpg
2014_slide_rendering2.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:12 pm.

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 am

Awesome news that will make Dorney's already awesome waterpark even better.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:02 am

Looks like an awesome complex and I really like the whole "Snake Pit" naming conventions.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:10 am

Awesome looking slide complex. Good to see some old fashioned body slides.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 am

This looks great! I especially like the jagged yellow bits on the blue slide, very cool look. This looks to be very similar to the new complex at Oceans of Fun. Sounds like Dorney is pretty similar to WoF in that the waterpark is often much more popular than the theme park is, and if so, this should be a big hit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!