TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

So, there is a rumor on Screamscape about SFA that I think is pretty neat:

"According to an e-mail sent my way, we may see some or all of the Southwest Territory at Six Flags America given a new Mardi Gras theme. In which case, it would see clear that if the Ragin’ Cajun coaster from Six Flags Great America is coming to SFA, it will go here as well."

So, to me that means one of two things. 1: SFA removes the rapids (because it does not match the theme) and puts this new (used) coaster (a wild mouse, maybe spinning) in its place. 2: They finally expand past Mind Eraser and the Rapids, giving SFA the opportunity around to loop to Whistletop Park.

^ They could also remove Rodeo. It never has a line. The river rapids ride can get a decent line on weekends. Perhaps, they could put it on the "island" in the middle of the river rapids ride.

Even though I do not like the Mardi Gras theme because in my opinion its way too over done a revitalization of the area is definitely needed.

^ They could also remove Rodeo. It never has a line. The river rapids ride can get a decent line on weekends. Perhaps, they could put it on the "island" in the middle of the river rapids ride.

Even though I do not like the Mardi Gras theme because in my opinion its way too over done a revitalization of the area is definitely needed.

Rodeo is the only flat I like at SFA, send it to SFGAdv, still upset ours went to SFoT

"According to an e-mail sent my way, we may see some or all of the Southwest Territory at Six Flags America given a new Mardi Gras theme. In which case, it would see clear that if the Ragin’ Cajun coaster from Six Flags Great America is coming to SFA, it will go here as well."

So, to me that means one of two things. 1: SFA removes the rapids (because it does not match the theme) and puts this new (used) coaster (a wild mouse, maybe spinning) in its place. 2: They finally expand past Mind Eraser and the Rapids, giving SFA the opportunity around to loop to Whistletop Park.

The rapids ride is on the opposite side of the park from where the Southwest Territory is located. I am willing to bet money that Ragin' Cajun is going in the spot where Two/Face used to be. I really hope this area renovation rumor is true because much of the buildings looked pretty sad and un-used. Same thing with the theming too.

As for Ragin' Cajun, As much as it might be a good move to put a ride into a park that doesn't attract as many people as where it used to be, it certainly won't improve the park's coaster collection. I still wish that they got something brand-new and not something relocated after 10 to 20 years in another park.

^With the new restriction relaxations from the county... I think big things are on the way for SFA. Anything added this year was probably already pre-determined in the parks plan from prior years. Honestly, a cheap relocation of a ride will do wonders for that area... especially if the re-theme rumors are true. That section of the park is outdated... and needs some sprucing. Adding a cheap ride to this section will add a new coaster while leaving alot of room assuming a small budget for upgrades and infrastructure improvements in that area (new paint, themeing)... As much as people say Apocalypse is used and old... I look a the impact id made for the park... in 10 years the park finally had a coaster that it could market to the public it also allowed them to concentrate money on updating that section of the park... the skull mountain got an update and it looks great, the pavement was updated, the stores were updated, the surrounding flats got new paint, the landscaping was much improved... I expect the same improvements to happen to Southwest Territory. I am excited. SFA is basically being smart. They are adding a "new" attraction but one that allows them to still focus money on improving park infrastructure. No need to splurge on a 15mil dollar ride if it will not allow them to make a decent looking area... Just look at YOLOCOASTER! If such an area was placed in SFA...(with a half a$$ed queue, no station structure, pi$$ poor landscaping... you know everyone would $H!T on the park like there's no toilet paper. So long as SFA continues to improve something and fill holes in the park... I am fine... I have a feeling something big is on the horizon. Personally I want (another double twisting impulse or a Euro Fighter with indoor section or even a wing rider but the dead would raise from the ground if that ever happened) Why do I have such hope?..... well I too hoped that Batwing would, one day, get painted ... never thougth I'd see the day.... but look at what happened. Change may not come when I want it, but alas it came!

The rapids ride is on the opposite side of the park from where the Southwest Territory is located. I am willing to bet money that Ragin' Cajun is going in the spot where Two/Face used to be. I really hope this area renovation rumor is true because much of the buildings looked pretty sad and un-used. Same thing with the theming too.

As for Ragin' Cajun, As much as it might be a good move to put a ride into a park that doesn't attract as many people as where it used to be, it certainly won't improve the park's coaster collection. I still wish that they got something brand-new and not something relocated after 10 to 20 years in another park.

Yeah, I just realized that. Maybe they will finally build a connection from Southwest Territory to Gotham. Right now, you have to cross the train tracks twice to get the Gotham.

Poor SFA only gets hand-me-down coasters from SFGAm when they don't want them anymore...

Also, it looks like Flyers are making a huge come-back! In the past few years KBF, TGE, MA, and now CP and SFA have gotten Flyers.

The Screamscape Spy Network is everywhere… and Six Flags America apparently let the cat out of the bag this week by setting up new signs showing off the 2014 additions at the closed park during the week ahead of the big announcement. One of our spies nabbed some pictures to share.

The signs confirm our rumors that a Mardi Gras themed area will be added in 2014 with 2 new rides: the Ragin’ Cajun spinning coaster (imported from SFGAm) and a new Flying Scooters ride to be called French Quarter Flyers.

Oh well.....it's better than nothing. The families will enjoy it. Maybe 2015 will net SFA a bigger investment.

Any ideas on where this would be in the park? Google map screen shots anyone?

Edited by ArizonaGuy

I don't get it. For years people complained "Oh, SFA doesn't get anything new" and now that the park is getting something new even though one of the rides is a used coaster, people still complain. Between Apocolypse and now Ragin' Cajun and French Quarter Flyers those three rides are more than what the park has added within the last five to ten years.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the direction Six Flags wants to take with SFA is to keep it more family focused? (you can luagh). I have not been to the park yet it's on my want to visit list but it is also my understanding that Great Adventure is only a few hours drive from the park and seems more focused on the thrlll rides.

I don't get it. For years people complained "Oh, SFA doesn't get anything new" and now that the park is getting something new even though one of the rides is a used coaster, people still complain. Between Apocolypse and now Ragin' Cajun and French Quarter Flyers those three rides are more than what the park has added within the last five to ten years.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe the direction Six Flags wants to take with SFA is to keep it more family focused? (you can luagh). I have not been to the park yet it's on my want to visit list but it is also my understanding that Great Adventure is only a few hours drive from the park and seems more focused on the thrlll rides.

I feel the same way especially for this park, they received nothing for years. The park does need work still but if this area is going in the area of Two-face it will be a big improvement. That is a major area that needed a facelift since it looked untouched every year after Two-Face left. So they get a coaster and a flat, that sounds like a win for everyone. (Of course depending on height restrictions)

^Great Escape opened one as well in 2013.

My god! It's the "Decade of the Flying Scooters"!

I'm not complaining about this, as I rather like those rides.

Edited by cfc

It should be noted that the signs are on the back of a building near the Capital Railways (train) station... a LONG way away from Southwest Territory but adjacent to an area of the park that used to be home to Iron Eagle (Zamperla Rotoshake) and Sky Escaper (Huss Enterprise). Those attractions have been gone for ages and nothing has really every taken their place. The area is prime land right in the dead center of the park. Not saying it will go here, but it's certainly a possibility...

Untitled.jpg.404e13704dfe5dbad8bf3ec03f6cfcff.jpg

^It's a spinning wild mouse. I don't like them much, they're very carnival-ish in appearance...but I'm just glad to see Southwest Territory getting attention after all the neglect since Two Face got shipped out.

Being "very carnival-ish" in appearance makes perfect sense for a Mardi Gras-themed area. It should make that part of the park look a bit more vibrant, at least.

Looks like Six Flags America is becoming the new Dorney Park.

It really does make sense to move the coaster to another Six Flags park. Great America really didn't need two spinning mouse coasters.

SFGAm only has (or had after Cajun leaves) 1 spinning wild mouse. The other wild mouse is TDK Coaster but that doesn't spin.