TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday Park Discussion Thread

I read about that, it sounds like an awesome thing to do!

Something similar happened in Sweden during the early 90's when the then owner of Skara Sommerland bought the crashed U-137 and putted it on display in the park (that is the Sovjet submarine that run aground in Swedish teretory during the cold war armed with nuclear weapons).

My german is not really good, but maybe you can have listen to it and translate correctly:

Video

I read about that, it sounds like an awesome thing to do!

Something similar happened in Sweden during the early 90's when the then owner of Skara Sommerland bought the crashed U-137 and putted it on display in the park (that is the Sovjet submarine that run aground in Swedish teretory during the cold war armed with nuclear weapons).

My german is not really good, but maybe you can have listen to it and translate correctly:

Video

Haha this isn't German, but Dutch (Flemish), just so you know . This is Steve van den Kerkhof, CEO of the Plopsa-parks (video is from the new refurbished theme zone of Plopsaland de Panne). You translated it correctly. They are planning to build a new ride for 2014 in Holiday Park and it's something you already find in the US and it's unique in Europe. I wonder what it will be... Could Air Force Two be a link to the new ride? Sounds pretty interesting...

• 2 weeks later...
What about a 4D coaster like X or a flying B&M?

Could be, but both of those cost a ton of money.

I'm thinking about a Rocky Mountain, but also this popped up in my mind.

I don't think we have one in Europe, and they are common in the US.

I'd rule out a flyer or wing rider, as although they are found in the US, Europe already has both of these rides (Raptor in Italy, and Air at Alton Towers).

I'm guessing a launched invert like the person above said, however, not an impulse....More like volcano at KD

More news about Holiday Park and Air Force two:

The deal to buy the plane is cancelled. They don't wanna sell the plane to people who don't live in the USA and they don't want to ship the plane to a foreign possible buyers...

About the coaster/new attraction:

A Intamin inverted launch could sound nice... But I think it will be more of a family ride then a real thrill-ride...

I don't think that it's realistic, but what do you think about a RMC coaster? That would be definitely unique in Europe!

That isn't so unrealistic. Steve (CEO) says it is going to be a ride that is recently build in the US and it's more common their than other places on earth. It's something very unique in Europe and back in 2011 they said they will build a new coaster right after the new Maja-land (which is completed this year). The new ride was going to be something thrilling and made for the teenagers of the family-group and Steve said it will fit perfectly next to EGF as size of coaster.

My guesses: next year a RMC wooden coaster for 2014 with some inversions (2 ore 3 inversions most likely). Possible with the steepest drop in Europe to and the station building near ore at the location of Super Wirbel (the old Vekoma corkscrew). The forest behind Super Wirbel is property of Holiday Park and would fit perfectly for a RMC woodie. Why do I think at that location? Super Wirbel has a lot of problems throughout the years and in 2011, they confirmed that Super Wirbel isn't going to stay in the park much longer. It's at that moment, when they talked about the future demolition of SW, they talked about a very good replacement right after it's gone.

What do you guys think?

Before Tripsdrill built it's Launched Eurofighter I thought they would replace SuperWirbel with an inverting coaster from either Gerstlauer or Maurer-Söhne - also because woodies are not so high on my personal list than inverting steel coasters....

If it had to be woodie I'd prefer an Intamin/Cordes woodie.

^ nice idea, but it's not true that Super Wirbel had that much problems It's one of the rides in the park which run without any complications (except in the winter months when it's very cold!). "Good" old Vekoma *g*

A RMC coaster would definitely be a highlight! The park would have a LOT of publicity!

• 2 months later...
Sounds great! Robb said the ride was actually a lot of fun when he rode it at SFDK!

This.

^^Yes, Elissa, for german conditions, sounds really great! Actually I didn't expect that for the "HoPa" (Holiday Park), to be honest.

I was expecting a "XXL-Marienkäferbahn"; trying to translate it into american-english: a "XXL-Ladybug-Coaster"...LOL

Holiday Park has sent us a press release about their new Premier "Superman" coaster coming in 2014!

Neuer Thrill-Coaster für 8 Mio. ab Juli 2014 im Holiday Park

Actionreicher Stahlgigant lässt Achterbahnherzen höher schlagen

Jetzt ist es offiziell: Im Juli 2014 wird der Holiday Park in Hassloch/Pfalz eine neue – in Europa einmalige – Achterbahn eröffnen.

Der Thrill-Coaster ist mit zahlreichen aufregenden Elementen gespickt, wie z. B Katapultabschüssen, coolen Drehungen/Twists, extremen Vorwärts- und Rückwärtsbeschleunigungen, vertikalen Drops und atemberaubenden Loopings.

Highlight – im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes – ist eine ‚Slowmotion‘ in rund 50 m Höhe. Die Fahrgäste werden hoch über den Baumwipfeln langsam durch eine „Twisted Heartline-Roll‘ auf den Kopf gestellt und erfahren dadurch intensive Momente mit einzigartigen Ausblicken, bevor sie mit Geschwindigkeiten bis zu 100 km/h in die Tiefe rasen.

Achterbahnfans erleben durch die einzigartige magnetische Abschusstechnologie Kräfte von bis zum 3,5-fachen des eigenen Körpergewichtes. Nach dem finalen Drop der besonderen Art kehrt der Wagenzug dann zur Startebene zurück, wo er ein letztes Mal sanft abgebremst wird und in der Station zum Stehen kommt.

Rund 8 Mio. Euro werden in diesen brandneuen Coaster investiert. Eine baugleiche Schwesterbahn, der "Superman Ultimate Flight" in Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, begeistert bereits seit 2012 die kalifornischen Parkgäste.

Parkmanager Bernd Beitz: „Der Bau dieses europaweit einmaligen Thrillcoasters ist – nach den großen Investitionen und Neubauten der letzten zwei Jahre - ein weiterer Schritt in eine attraktive erlebnisorientierte Umgestaltung des Parks. Wir freuen uns auf die neue Attraktion! Es ist der lang ersehnte Thrillcoaster, auf den die Achterbahnfans gewartet haben. Dieser gigantische Stahlcoaster ist die ideale Ergänzung für unseren Park und bietet mit seinen abwechslungsreichen Highlights Action pur. “

H.thumb.jpg.adcc887b6588750443147c3ee73380ee.jpg

P.thumb.jpg.177219b30a5428cc33840d6846b889bd.jpg

And in English (courtesy of Google Translator)

It's official: In July 2014, the Holiday Park in Hassloch / Pfalz new - open roller coaster - one in Europe.

The Thrill Coaster is peppered with many exciting elements such B catapult launches, cool twists / twists, extreme forward and backward acceleration, vertical drops and breathtaking loops.

Highlight - in the truest sense of the word - is one slow motion 'in around 50 meters. Passengers are asked high above the treetops slowly through a 'twisted Heartline Roll' on the head and thus experience intense moments with unique views before they race at speeds up to 100 km / h at the depth.

Rollercoaster fans experience the unique magnetic technology launching forces of up to 3.5 times its own body weight. After the final drop of the special nature of the wagon train then returns to the starting plane, where it is one last time and is gently braked to a stop in the station.

Around 8 million euros will be invested in this brand new coaster. An identical sister car, the "Superman Ultimate Flight" at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, enthusiastic since 2012, the California park guests.

Park manager Bernd Beitz: "The construction of this unique European Thrillcoasters is - after the big investment and new buildings in the last two years - a further step in an attractive experience-oriented redesign of the park. We look forward to the new attraction! It is the long-awaited thrill coaster, the fans have been waiting for the roller coaster. This gigantic steel coaster is an ideal addition to our park and offers pure action to its diverse highlights.