TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

There's a kiddie area and go karts now, but since Deja was there and it had a height of 170-something feet, they could make use of the possibility for height in that vicinity to put part of a coaster there...will be interesting to see if they do something like that.

My guess is a Batman themed wing rider that will duel with Superman so they can promote the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie.

My guess is expanding/creating a larger waterpark.

Why? SFWW is good enough.

They do have Skull Island right there. If it is popular enough, expanding on it wouldn't be the worst idea.

It is interesting that Southern Star is leaving. Given the timing of that and a survey a few months back that talked about a water park expansion, I would say that seems a likely bet. Also, I did notice some drilling happening in between the back of Southern Star and the back of Superman's station about two weeks ago. Personally I think a water park expansion is redundant given the quality and nearness of White Water, but Skull Island always seems busy when I'm there, so perhaps there is demand for it after all.

^ I'm really hoping for a new coaster, too. But it looks like its going to be some kind of water park expansion. Maybe we'll get a new coaster where Ninja is; that's been my hope for a while now. They have a lot of extra space over the water for a coaster if they want it, especially if they take out Ninja.

Several people have said that it is a waterpark expansion, even a few that work at the park. I am hoping it isn't, but we will see. The reason why this would be a really stupid idea is because the river is right there and anytime it floods it would flood the water park. They would have to build it up on a hill for the river not to reach it. That part of the park is also not accessible if this was to become a separate entrance fee, which some of the SF waterparks are. SF does not need another water park.

I remember them sending out a survey about a waterpark expansion and I made sure I told them it was an idiotic thing to do. White Water is an awesome water park...why want another water park? But of course they probably threw my survey in the trash because it didn't agree with what they wanted to do. This is my home park, they need to leave the venue and trash Ninja...seriously. Worst coaster ever!

See the thing is, that if they remove the Southern Star, it almost seems certain that they're going to expand the water park. If you look on a map, the Southern Star is so close to the water park it's like you can jump off the railing in the park and end up on the stage.

Didn't know that Saturday is going to be the final event at their theater. I am actually planning on making the trip to Atlanta this weekend for the six flags celebration. It will be my second trip to six flags GA this year

SFMM's Batman has those too and of course they haven't worked in years either which is a shame as it's a cool effect.

The fog came back to the original Batman this year... for it's backwards premier. On media day, they over fogged the place for good photo ops and the "inaugural train" got stuck at the top of the lift. All that super thick fog shut the ride down It was a great view though!