TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Montu has 7 inversions

Thanks, I was not sure. Looking at the blueprints again, I am seeing what *looks* to be 8 inversions:

-Dive Loop

-Vertical Loop

-Zero-G

-Weird element that has two inversions

-Vertical Loop

-Two consecutive zero-g rolls/inline rolls/flatspins in between the two helixes

It's difficult to tell for sure but seeing the twist of the track I see two more inversions of some kind after the first helix. I am wondering what the pretzel looking element is-it appears from what can be seen that it is some kind of figure 8 thing.

Even with what appears to be the real plans visible, there are still some blanks to be filled in later this week. One thing is for certain: whether this was an allowed leak or not, the park sure is getting a lot of buzz over it!

It's going to be interesting to see how tall this one will be.

I don't think it will reach the 200 feet mark, but I would love to be proven wrong on this.

My guess would be for most inversions on an invert.

My vote is for the first "feet hanging" inverted coaster, hence the Bat reference! Since bats hang upside down, this new coaster you will hang upside down the whole ride, think of it as the world's first Inverted Stand Up coaster.

Thanks, I was not sure. Looking at the blueprints again, I am seeing what *looks* to be 8 inversions:

-Dive Loop

-Vertical Loop

-Zero-G

-Weird element that has two inversions

-Vertical Loop

-Two consecutive zero-g rolls/inline rolls/flatspins in between the two helixes

It's difficult to tell for sure but seeing the twist of the track I see two more inversions of some kind after the first helix. I am wondering what the pretzel looking element is-it appears from what can be seen that it is some kind of figure 8 thing.

The 'weird element' is just a batwing with an immelmann exit. Will probably look pretty similar to the pretzel loop on a flyer.

As far as the last two inversions, it looks like a very drawn-out roll after the helix/overbank and then a drawn-out corkscrew (maybe like on OzIris) after the helix that leads into the brakes.

Plans put on YouTube. There's always a chance that they're fake, but I doubt it because they're extremely detailed and as somebody who has taken a few engineering/mechanical drawing courses, these are done correctly and it seems like a lot of effort to put into fooling a few coaster enthusiasts on the internet.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

So excited!

I hate to be Mr. Debbie Downer here, but allow me to just copy-paste what I commented on this Youtube video (5 bucks says the uploader deletes the comment):

4 days, nearly 6,500 views, 54 comments, and nobody's pointed out that the word "vicinity" is misspelled on these supposed "official" blueprints, as clearly seen the second the video starts?

Nice try though.

nobody's pointed out that the word "vicinity" is misspelled on these supposed "official" blueprints, as clearly seen the second the video starts?

Nice try though.

It is spelled correctly right underneath the misspelled word.

Seriously though, I have two cousins who are engineers and I had them watch this video. They said that no regular person can come up with site plans like this. You gotta have the right printers and CAD systems to even come close to something that's this detailed. If they're fake, I'm willing to bet this guy is some type of engineer or works in some engineering office.

Seriously though, I have two cousins who are engineers and I had them watch this video. They said that no regular person can come up with site plans like this. You gotta have the right printers and CAD systems to even come close to something that's this detailed. If they're fake, I'm willing to bet this guy is some type of engineer or works in some engineering office.

Yeah I am an architect and these plans are for sure real. Now that being said that doesn't mean this is the final layout (or the layout at all) of the ride, but it's definitely actual drawings. And based on the sheet setup and names of the sheets it appears that this set is far beyond the stage o f schematic design for the ride and is a construction set meaning it is fully designed and engineered.

As for the misspelling, you'd be surprised. We get drawings from engineers, surveyors, etc. all the time with spelling mistakes. And we send drawings to permit and then realize there are spelling mistakes. These drawings are made by humans, and therefore spelling mistakes happen.

So in both of these instances there technically is a MCBR however it just happens to be at the end of the ride. Only difference being that Tatsu only has 4 blocks (Station, Lift, MCBR (Block Brake), and Transfer aka Station approach) where as Leviathan has 5.

Does Tatsu's dual-load station count for a 5th block? Always wondered about that...

Excellent question, and I would say yes.

Tatsu's station counts as 1 block.

Now this is getting really interesting! Inverts really are one of my favourite kinds of coasters and I would really like to see B&M coming up with a nice intense layout like the old school ones. Lets just hope KI doesn't let us down on this one!

So in both of these instances there technically is a MCBR however it just happens to be at the end of the ride. Only difference being that Tatsu only has 4 blocks (Station, Lift, MCBR (Block Brake), and Transfer aka Station approach) where as Leviathan has 5.

Does Tatsu's dual-load station count for a 5th block? Always wondered about that...

Excellent question, and I would say yes.

Tatsu's station counts as 1 block.

But why? You can't have two trains in the same block and If they're operating both stations, there will almost always be 2 trains in the station block...