Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 168: New Tokyo Disneyland expansion details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:35 pm

QuakerOaties wrote:They're closing one of the most demented attractions I've ever been on.

Mark "That sucks" Luskus

Coming soon- Stitch's mystery castle tour!

But seriosly, I really wanted to do that attraction.

Where Will My Camera of Doom Next Strike!?!

Postby CreativeForce » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:41 pm

I'm so glad that we went on the Castle tour last year. I don't think I would have enjoyed it half as much if it had been in english! :)
"If I am great, it's because I stand on the shoulders of Giants" - Albert Einstein
Me, I'm still standing on the apple box of mediocrity. :P

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Thats kind of a bummer that its closing. It seemed to be unique and based on a not so popular movie. Oh well, at least we know whatever they replace it with, it'll be lightyears better than the same "attraction" at DLR.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Castle Mystery Tour at Tokyo Disneyland to Close

Postby Mark Rosenzweig » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:41 pm

January 30th, 2006

URAYASU, CHIBA - The Fantasyland attraction "Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour" will be permanently closed, with its final day of operation on April 5, 2006. The tour began in 1986 as "Tokyo Disneyland Park's" first "walkthrough" attraction, and has been enjoyed by numerous guests in its 20 years of operation. Plans for the use of the space currently occupied by the "Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour" are still in development.

-- Source: Oriental Land Company press release.

There's the press release. Anyone who has done this attraction- is it a major loss with it closing? Seems it was only offered in Japanese and left many english speaking visitors in *shrug* or *wtf* mode.

Seems the Mickey Mouse Revue may also be on its last legs. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mickey's Philharmagic took its place. One would think the whole '80s style retro Fantasyland of Tokyo Disneyland is due for a major facelift, no?

-Mark

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:46 pm

Maybe they'll just update the exisiting building with a different story, it may not be a total loss.

Although I hope they don't pull the Alien encounter to Stitch crap.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

TPR's 1st Furry

Postby Damien666 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:26 pm

Although I hope they don't pull the Alien encounter to Stitch crap.

^ I hope not, I'm still ticked off at WDW for that huge mistake. :angry:

What I am hoping for is that they just give the attraction a upgrade or replace it with a attraction that still has the villians theme.

With the Monster's INC attraction I know it will probably kick the crap out of DCA's version. ;)
Furries, we are everywhere and I am one of them.(Not like CSI though!)
There is also NO safe place for Elissa to hide! :twisted:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Tokyo Disney Resort News

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:42 am

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to Open in Fiscal Year 2008

URAYASU, CHIBA - Oriental Land Co, Ltd. has announced that the new Disney hotel scheduled to open in Tokyo Disney Resort in Japanese fiscal year 2008 will be named "Tokyo Disneyland Hotel."

The new hotel will be built in front of Tokyo Disneyland Park, with the Disney Resort Line's Tokyo Disneyland Station in between. The hotel will reflect the early 20th-century Victorian architectural style found in the Park’s World Bazaar themed land, the monorail station and the main entrance area. While grand and elegant, the hotel will generate a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for the Guests.

Stepping through the main entrance on the third floor, Guests will find themselves in the most striking feature of the hotel: the spacious, brightly lit atrium lobby with its approximately 30- meter high ceiling. Descending to the first floor, guests will be able to move outside into a pleasant, spacious courtyard bordered by a restaurants and shops. Beyond this courtyard the monorail station and the entrance to Tokyo Disneyland will be waiting, promising fun things to come.

The majority of the approximately 700 guest rooms in the hotel have been designed with families in mind, giving them a place where they can have a relaxing, comfortable stay. These themed room designs will no doubt afford guests a place to rest and talk over the many wonderful things they have experienced at the Resort.

This third Disney hotel is another step in the development of Tokyo Disney Resort as a world-class vacation destination. Its construction will allow even more guests to enjoy the Disney brand of family entertainment and the Resort’s two theme parks, fine dining and tasteful shopping opportunities.

Facility Details (Proposed)
Name: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
Location: Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture (within the Tokyo Disneyland Guest parking area)
Management: Owner: Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
Operator: Maihama Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oriental Land Co., Ltd.)
Opening Date: Fiscal year 2008
Structure: 9 levels above ground
Floor Space: About 89,000 sq. meters
Guestrooms: About 700
Other Facilities: Banquet rooms, restaurants, Disney shop, etc.
Total Cost: About ¥44 billion (including parking structure) -- $370 million U.S.

January 30th, 2006

URAYASU, CHIBA - A new attraction inspired by Disney’s presentation of Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. will open in "Tomorrowland" in "Tokyo Disneyland Park" in Japanese fiscal year 2009. Guests experiencing the attraction will be able to participate in a game of hide-and-seek at the Monsters, Inc. building with the little girl Boo, Mike, Sulley, and other characters featured in the movie. The attraction will capture the warmth and charm of Boo and the monsters, and is sure to be a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.

Opening: Fiscal year 2009 (tentative)
Attraction Name: To be determined
Attraction Type: Ride-style
Investment: Approximately ¥10 billion (US$85 million)
Additional Facility: New merchandise shop

On top of this 100 million spent on a new Cirque show (still can't get over spending 85 million on a dark ride)...

WOW !! way to go Tokyo Disney!
-

The Preppy Emo

Postby Blazen_AZN » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:54 am

Got to love it when hotels they build a parking Structure right off of your balcony, it make for a great view!

Hope it doesnt look like crap.

Other than that, the concept art looks great! But too often concept art is more of a "we wish... if we had the money" type of design, and is often toned down. Assuming they DO go through with it, though, it would be amazing.

Hey, why hasnt Disney made a fricken Las Vegas Hotel yet?! That would be huge!

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:00 am

It looks great!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jose Eber » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:05 am

This is the OLC -- they generally put up the cash.
tdr.jpg
-

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!