TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Took my first nightime ride on the Texas Skyscreamer tonight. I'll have to admit, this thing is much more un-nerving at night than it is during the day. Spectacular night time view of the surrounding D/FW Metroplex area, but you get the sensation your going to fall more intensely at night.

IMG196.thumb.jpg.24ba547a384f60de51f3def26e5a8c81.jpg

Nightime on the Texas Skyscreamer is a whole different ballgame!

Me and a friend will be in Arlington at the park Thursday night, Friday and Saturday. It won't be my first time but I still have a few questions.

-Where should we go first, and how should we attack the park? We won't have a Flash Pass.

-Are there any place that serve food outside of the typical Six Flags food?

-Are there any magic seats?

-Is anything down or down to one train?

Thanks

Thursday night will probably be the best time. I've never had to wait long on a Thursday night. Just waulk in and go counter clockwise. That way when you get to titan, ntag and LA vibora its later and even more cleared out. Batman will probably be the longest wait. Near the shockwave you can get panda express which for me is good at a park. The rice helps keep the stomach calm lol. If you view the park as a clock and the entrance at 6pm then panda is roughly at 1130 lol.

As far as seats my wife said the front left of the titan is a must. At the mid course breaks it feels like you will fall out.

^ Thanks. But is there any park information for a Saturday?

I would just say to go in the order of the rides you want to do the most. The reason being, this is a park that closes a lot of rides in even a very light rain. When I was there last Thursday, we tried just going in a circle but a very short period of rain closed things for hours, so there were rides we wanted to get on that we couldn't. Most of the flats, Titan and Pandemonium will close in the rain and lighting will close anything that doesn't stay on the ground. It takes a very long time for rides to reopen as well, if they ever do.

Rider that was ejected from Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas confirmed dead. Source:

UPDATE!

Official statement from Six Flags Over Texas confirming one dead on Texas Giant: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/arlington-police-fire-working-a-fatal-incident-at-six-flags-over-texas.html/

We are deeply saddened to share that earlier this evening an adult woman died in the park while on the Texas Giant. Park medical staff and local paramedics responded immediately. Since the safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority, the ride has been closed pending further investigation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends during this difficult time.

UPDATE!

CBS News Report: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/19/woman-falls-from-the-texas-giant-to-her-death/

Edited by robbalvey