TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season Two!

@singemfrc

My DVR was doing the same thing, where it was cutting the very end of ICW when Robb is talking, and I have Charter. Travel Channel shows tend to run 15-20 seconds late from official time and jump into the next show after one ends without a commercial break. I solved this problem by setting my DVR to record one minute over the show's normal time.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually saw my self on tonight's episode. I was the guy walking behind the family when they exited the New Texas Giant.

I noticed that NTaG got a score of 883, so I guess it is second on the list right below I305.

@singemfrc

My DVR was doing the same thing, where it was cutting the very end of ICW when Robb is talking, and I have Charter. Travel Channel shows tend to run 15-20 seconds late from official time and jump into the next show after one ends without a commercial break. I solved this problem by setting my DVR to record one minute over the show's normal time.

Only problem there is that you end up with shows that dont record because of that one minute overlap. I wish there was a way to manually "calibrate" my TiVo's clock by just setting it's clock one minute faster - I'd much rather miss the first minute of everything than the last minute. On that subject though they snuck a quick clip of Robb in at the beginning of tonight's episode so he didn't get cut out tonight

Updated ICW Ranking

1. Intimidator 305- 915

2. New Texas Giant- 883

3. Formula Rossa- 875

4 (tie). Leviathan- 866

4 (tie). Shambhala- 866

6. Expedition GeForce- 861

7. Dadonpa- 856

8 (tie). Skyrush- 855

8 (tie). Tatsu- 855

10. Griffon- 843

11. Superman: Ride of Steel- 833

12. Nitro- 831

13 (tie). Colossos- 826

13 (tie). Titan- 826

15. Tower of Terror II- 779

16. Blue Fire- 738

Dadonpa ranked too high and Expedition GeForce, Nitro, and Blue Fire ranked too low IMO.

I took my family to an Insane Coaster Wars shoot for the Boss. I told them what scores I gave it and they said "You gave it a zero for inversions? We gave it 100." They didn't know what inversions meant.

I wonder why they wouldn't have removed the inversions category for coasters with no inversions.

I reckon it would be better just to include inversions in the "thrill factor" category as going upside down is the actual thrill factor in looping coasters. The likes of airtime, g-force and launching could be the thrill factor for other coasters...

I'm still laughing that they felt the need to include the random guys carrying skateboards into Six Flags Great Adventure. Why did they feel the need to include this? You can't skateboard inside Great Adventure, and with its location in the middle of nowhere New Jersey you can't exactly skateboard to the park either. What's next, visiting SFOG with some golf clubs, a golf cart, and a caddy? Oh Hollywood!

ICW_World_Domination.jpg.8c0954b879423a25712c7d9e80b353c4.jpg

World's Steepest Drop!

Utilizing The Most State-Of-The-Art Technology, Indigo Films and Travel Channel Bring You The World's Fastest, Steepest, Longest And Tallest Roller Coasters In The World!

Get Ready For An Epic Head-To-Head Clash Between Four Unique Roller Coasters From Around The World. They’re Four Of The Best Coasters On The Planet With The Winner Chosen By The Riders Themselves. Ride An Extreme Speedster On Takabisha At Fuji-Q Highland Amusement Park In Fujiyoshida, Japan. Survive A Massive Lava Flow On Volcano At King’s Dominion In Doswell, Virginia. Fly The Ferocious Skies On Furius Baco At Portaventura Park In Salou, Spain. And Ride A Bucking Bronco On Maverick At Cedar Point In Sandusky, Ohio. Fans At Each Park Have Voted, Which One Will Rise To The Top, And Which Ones Will Be Left In The Station?

Season Two Continues Sunday July 7th at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. Check Local Listings! Please Note That The Episode May Air At 5:30 p.m. PT For Some HD Markets.

I don't have cable/satellite, but I'm going to a friends house to catch this episode! Glad to see coasters back on TV.

How does Volcano qualify? That drop isn't steep.

I think the answer is... filming costs/schedules limit where/when they can film and they found a way to make it work.

No, when an episode is named "World's Fastest Coaster" or "World's Steepest Coaster", it doesn't mean all the coasters are fast or steep, just that one episode in the episode is one of those. Like when Formula Rossa was in the first episode, none of the other coasters were really that fast.

How does Volcano qualify? That drop isn't steep.

Did you really just ask that? They are talking about Takabisha. That coaster is featured on the episode and that coaster has the world's steepest drop.

Edited by robbalvey

121 degree drop! At what point does these ultra steep drops just become and inversion? I would think 121 would be about the limit, from just my little experience with 95 and 97 drops they might start getting a little painful slamming into the shoulder harness going so much steeper?

^Harness design and trim brakes can curb some of the pain of slamming into the restraints. My personal opinion is that building a roller coaster with a drop steeper than Takabisha is kind-of entering "Gimmicky" territory and will probably not add that much more to a ride. I could be wrong though.

The height & speed coaster wars are at a cease fire right now, so most inversions and steepest drop are the new battlefronts I suppose.

Volcano just jumped high onto my bucket list. A launched inverted Intamin? Yes, please! As if I-305 wasn't enough of a draw...Kings Dominion is absolutely going to be the next park I visit. If I hadn't just bought non refundable tickets to CP I'd be switching my trip already.

Furius Baco is definitely a bucket list addition for me as well. Had no idea there was basically a launched Intamin wing rider out there. Spain is a little tougher to get to than Virginia though, unfortunately. Maybe a future TPR tour.

I'm kinda stunned that Volcano ranked higher than Furious Baco.

I've not ridden either, but i've only heard RAVES about Furious Baco, while every time I see mention of Volcano, it's always along the lines of "the initial launch is great, but then you just go around in circles around the mountain"

oh well. . still another good episode, and it really, really makes me want to go to Fuji-Q Highland at some point in my life!