Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:49 pm

^ From past experiences and what I know about Six Flags America, when something is broke down, it usually takes a long time before they can fix it and get it running again. And if a ride is a constant maintenance nightmare ( such as Two Face, The Octopus, and Iron Eagle), then the park would get rid of it and won't replace it with something else.

Hopefully, this won't be the case with Roar, but this is Six Flags America . . . :evil:

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!" :airtime: :airtimer:

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:03 pm

I visited the park last Saturday for the first time. My expectations weren't high based off the park's reputation in the enthusiast community. However, my group had a great time. The lines were rather short, the ride ops were cheerful and efficient, and everything was operating (except Roar). The entire park was much more beautiful than I had imagined. Superman was my first Intamin hyper, and needless to say I was blown away. They're so different than the B&M hypers that I'm accustomed to.

I hope this park continues to grow--the have plenty of room to do so.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 pm

^ I am glad you liked the park. Yes, it has a bad rep but it has come along way in just the past 2 seasons. Do they have the biggest baddest rides? No, but what they do have is still fun.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:14 am

alilstronger wrote:^ I am glad you liked the park. Yes, it has a bad rep but it has come along way in just the past 2 seasons. Do they have the biggest baddest rides? No, but what they do have is still fun.

And it could still be Wild World.........I am actually a fan of this park and have always had a good time there. I usually try to visit when the Ravens and Redskins have home games. Traffic is a bitch, but the park is dead!
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterRollin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:28 pm

^ Noted. I will have to try that this fall. I mean I've never had a crowded day there, but I've been spoiled by its usual short lines. Anything above 10 minutes is too long, hahaha.
QueerRudie wrote:In the name of the Lord, Our Saviour, Anton Schwarzkopf... Amen.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby The Westate » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:36 am

Has Ultra Twister been scrapped?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:40 am

^yes it has. When the ride was dismantled at AstroWorld is was damaged and unable to be re-assembled (I assume they found out after it arrived at the park and they started assessing the parts). I guess it wasn't worth pouring the money into fixing whatever the damage was. Cost was probably much more than the ride was worth.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:40 am

According to this video, the county has voted unanimously to lift the park's 200' height limit. According to what I had read previously, the park was previously banned from building ANYTHING above 200' (without exception). The new regulation allows the park to build above 200', however, they need to get special permission for anything that exceeds 200' (though there is no upper limit). When they asked for this change in regulation, the example ride they used for a possible reason to want to go above 200' was a Sky Screamer, so I'd imagine one of those could be coming in the next few years, though the question is if they would build something conservative in the 250'-300' range to be similar to WindSeeker at Kings Dominion or if they would go a little crazier and build something 400'+ along the lines of what SFNE and SFOT are building. Personally, I don't see them building a coaster over 200' any time soon because 1) I don't think they really need to and 2) I don't think Six Flags would invest that sort of capital in the park, however, I could see a Sky Screamer, observation tower, and/or free fall type tower all over 200' (the park's current free fall tower is a measly 150' tall and is riddled with mechanical issues) in the next 5-10 years...

The county also voted to allow the park to have more fireworks and stay open later (which will GREATLY help around Fright Fest), both positive changes!

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand#!/news/local/Higher-Coasters-Possible-at-Six-Flags/214315621

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 am

^O.M.G! I never thought I would see the day... The county is finally allowing the park to be competitive... Albeit, I don't necesarily think that height is necessary to be competitive... but I think this will help the park keep up with KD. I think a 400ft sky screamer is possible.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:03 am

Roar has been closed since I went on the 16th. The train was still on the lift the last time I went there two weeks later. And yeah, SFA is almost ready to go "higher." http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand#!/news/local/Higher-Coasters-Possible-at-Six-Flags/214315621

^ That's the link to the story explaining SFA's new announcement :).
Life is the most thrilling roller coaster in the world. Everyone rides life.
Like a Vekoma, life isn't always great. Life is the longest, slowest, and fastest coaster in the world.
Like any coaster, life has it's up's and downs. Ride life to the fullest every day, because you don't know when it'll be taken.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!