Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 74: THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD opens on March 27th, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=502280933175699&set=a.122785064458623.20448.120525621351234&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

LEGOLAND Florida’s child ambassadors christen the LEGO World of Chima attraction boats, helping gear up for the July 3rd Grand Opening!
934942_502280933175699_2054983914_n.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:37 am

Today Theme Park Review was invited out to Legoland Florida for the media preview of The World of Chima expansion opening tomorrow to the public. The new land is the first of its kind as it is the first ever LEGO property to launch and have a Legoland attraction or land launch with it in the same year. It is also the first LEGO property to have a TV show launching concurrently with the new land. In fact, if you're a local you've probably already seen advertising for the Legends of Chima show on Cartoon Network, with a special ad on the back end that promotes the new land at Legoland Florida.

The World of Chima expansion consists of "The Quest for CHI" splash battle, Cragger's Swamp water play area, the Speedorz Arena, Razar's Bazaar and the addition of a LEGO Chima 4D Movie Xperience in the Wells Fargo 4-D Theater.

DSC00213.JPG
Time to enter The World of Chima!
DSC00211.JPG
Our morning started out with a few words from Park GM Adrian Jones...
DSC00352.JPG
Soon after Laval and Cragger came out from Chima, with Cragger holding a source Chi, the power that keeps the balance in the world of Chima. After some coaxing, he gave it up.
DSC00353.JPG
It's just like the ending of The Phantom Menace!

"Weesun being friends!"
DSC00354.JPG
Pyro!
DSC00355.JPG
Funfetti!
DSC00360.JPG
After the opening ceremony we were given the chance to conduct interviews with Adrian Jones. He was extremely passionate about the park and its latest expansion (he always is) and offered us his personal favorite thing to look out for in the ride.
DSC00365.JPG
We also had the chance to speak with Scott Thomas, Vice President of Consumer Marketing for Cartoon Network. In addition to supporting this new expansion, the partnership between Legoland Florida and Cartoon Network means that Cartoon Network will be providing additional content throughout the park (including in ride queues) from their other shows including Adventure Time, Regular Show and Gumball (those were the examples he gave).
GOPR0015.JPG
Time to take "The Quest for CHI" for a spin!
GOPR0020.JPG
The ride is extremely family friendly in its speed and design. You can stand throughout the entire ride experience but there are seats for those not comfortable enough or perhaps those wanting to be less of a target for others' guns.
GOPR0023.JPG
I'll say this now: There is no shortage of water on this attraction! And like other Splash Battles, you would be hard pressed to escape fully dry.
GOPR0026.JPG
The bulk of the ride takes place outdoors, meandering through the home terrains of the varying residents of Chima. Those brown circular shields are actually water-triggered targets that set off effects (or water jets) throughout the ride path.
GOPR0027.JPG
I was wearing a poncho and I was still considerably drenched by the end of the ride.
GOPR0039.JPG
Awesome and dangerous at the same time is the ability for non-riders to grab a water gun and shoot back at you while you shoot at them. As if the ride's automatic water jets weren't enough, this is just icing on the cake.
GOPR0043.JPG
Another scene from along the ride path...
GOPR0055.JPG
Into the mouth of the Crocosaurus...

Okay, it isn't actually Crocosaurus, but it is awesome.
GOPR0058.JPG
Lightsaber battle?!?!
GOPR0064.JPG
The final scene sees Cragger strung up for his crimes.
IMG_5453.JPG
The things I subject myself to for Theme Park Review.
DSC00220.JPG
Time to look at the ride from the outside view.
DSC00230.JPG
Now I just need to find 98 more...
DSC00230.JPG
Soakage ensues...
DSC00234.JPG
Like other attractions at Legoland Florida, there is a building station in the queue for kids to keep them occupied during their wait.
DSC00235.JPG
Cartoon Network will also be providing content from the show to play in the queue.
DSC00238.JPG
The interior portion of the queue is pretty neat!
DSC00239.JPG
Awesome details!
DSC00242.JPG
The CHI Pool is actually Adrian Jones' favorite element of the new land.
DSC00246.JPG
More cool details.
DSC00254.JPG
Cragger's Swamp is a water play area for the kids, including triggered effects and jumping fountains.
DSC00257.JPG
The Speedorz Arena allows guests to race Chima Speedorz vehicles along obstacle courses.
DSC00261.JPG
In case you were wondering what a Speedorz is...
DSC00265.JPG
Back to The Quest for CHI!
DSC00269.JPG
Chima's floating island is definitely the "weenie" of the land.
DSC00271.JPG
Seconds later, the girl in the red soaked me with her gun.
DSC00272.JPG
They have a LEGO play wall at the exit of the ride.
DSC00273.JPG
Here I was stopping to admire the LEGO-built details when someone goes and sprays me with their gun.
DSC00279.JPG
This new expansion is phenom-nom-nominal!
DSC00294.JPG
I was clearly standing in the wrong place.
DSC00295.JPG
Even the adults love it!
DSC00322.JPG
Look everybody! It's Banks from Orlando Attractions Magazine: The Show!
DSC00323.JPG
And JeniLynn's here too!
DSC00345.JPG
Razar's Bazaar is off to the side of the exit path for the ride.
DSC00327.JPG
Need Chima merch? They've got you covered!
DSC00328.JPG
Another resident of The World of Chima hangs out by the ladies restroom.
DSC00339.JPG
There is also more Chima merchandise to be had.
DSC00340.JPG
Another look at The Quest for CHI's fortress.
DSC00342.JPG
For the love of Larry.
DSC00344.JPG
One more for the Index.
DSC00347.JPG
Thanks again to Legoland Florida for hosting us today for the preview of the awesome World of Chima expansion! And thank you for the sweet Chima goody bag!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:56 am

That looks like a really well thought out area. I like the Splash Battle tunnel but I'm not to sure about the floating mountain. To be it sort of just looks stuck there.

I wonder if chima will be rolled out to all the other Legolands in the near distant future.

-Craig

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 am

I've never seen the show but does that island float in the sky on the show? I was just wondering if they were going for the floating tap look with that pole like i've seen in some water parks

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:42 am

Love the themeing! More parks should have nice splash battles.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:59 am

Wow.....they got this area done fast. We were just there less than a week ago, and it looked like they had quite a bit of work to go.

We may just have to swing back by there after we leave Disney.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby darienlakerules » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:32 am

My friend's uncle is Scott Thomas, he is a really cool guy and it looks like Cartoon Network and Legoland did a great job. I'm actually gonna see Scott in a couple weeks at Comi Con SD

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:33 am

It looks to be a great addition to the park and with this Florida heat, I can see this being very popular attraction.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby talfonso » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:34 am

This ride looks SICK! I wish there are more attractions like this - this is a refuge from my state's sauna-like summers! :lover:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:16 am

The area looks great! I really wish more parks had splash battles.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!