TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's 2013 Japan Trip - Mini Updates!

That's an awesome way to welcome you! That's really cool that they are fans of TPR. It looks like a fun park, with some cool things like the scream meter and, of course, MEAT COW!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hold on while I add Cosmoworld to my bucket list. . .

Seriously though, the setting looks absolutely breathtaking. One side looks like a lake and the other the tallest building in Japan. The park has some really unique attractions and by the looks of it, awesome management! This Japan Tour just looks like its getting better and better.

I'm guessing by the TR that you have a great relationship with Cosmoworld so do they set you up with special use of the park? I ask because when I visited I could only find pay to ride options and no options to pay for unlimited access/wristband options like the other parks had so I had to miss out on some of the dark rides and sky-lab since after the vanishing coaster, log flume spinning coaster and ferris-wheel I'd used up all my tickets.

I'm guessing by the TR that you have a great relationship with Cosmoworld so do they set you up with special use of the park? I ask because when I visited I could only find pay to ride options and no options to pay for unlimited access/wristband options like the other parks had so I had to miss out on some of the dark rides and sky-lab since after the vanishing coaster, log flume spinning coaster and ferris-wheel I'd used up all my tickets.

I'm not sure about this year, but in 2011 Trip participants had a filming season on the major wristband and given a card with a set number of credits. So some people did add more money to their card.. It's great that Robb was able to add the log flume this year, along with the Ice House "bonus"

Edited by larrygator

This is why you go to parks with TPR.

Awesome trip to Yokohama Cosmo World. Glad to know that welcome sign is approved.

You folks can enjoy night time much better than daytime, I recommend.

There is a China Town in Yokohama nearby the park, We can enjoy safe Chinese cuisine with TPR members,

especially with that girl!!! I miss her. Ha Ha Ha.

So we've had quite a few crazy days back to back. Here is a quick glimpse at what we've been doing to get you caught up...

image.thumb.jpg.78f11001001ddff1f2ad3e46a20964ff.jpg

We all were challenged by the "fake drop" of Blue Fall at Sea Paradise. May still very well be the best drop ride in the world!

We all were challenged by the "fake drop" of Blue Fall at Sea Paradise. May still very well be the best drop ride in the world!

Check out this video of the Dive Loop Ultra Twister...this footage is NOT SPED UP!!!!

Inertiatic.nltrack

image.thumb.jpg.5586aa6256fb6e8403a7ed07981912c0.jpg

Next up we checked out the new B&M trains on Steel Dragon 2000.

image.thumb.jpg.256aa1f6fcba40140222b1d713193019.jpg

The new trains were pretty cool. Certainly gave you more of a feeling of "speed" than the previous ones.

image.thumb.jpg.c477abc7fb84c0aa40dbc6a405ff9dfd.jpg

We also may or may not have been doing something with Travel Channel. I guess you'll find out soon enough! :)

image.thumb.jpg.ae36ceccdc70de14139051e76abbc83f.jpg

Then we flew to Sapporo in Northern Japan and had a pretty kick ass day at Hokkaido Greenland.

image.thumb.jpg.703cf00b4e7038bdd0e8e6691d1bf136.jpg

We tested the weight of TPR members versus the conveyor belt lift hill system of the kiddie coaster. Much to our surprise, the conveyor belt won!

image.thumb.jpg.4976c54638cf610607e9f8b570f950f4.jpg

Copious amounts of drinking happened this day. After all, we're in Sapporo, home of the beer with the same name!

image.jpg.6d74d7699b68208b0bbcfc1890c51150.jpg

The following day we rode one of the top two most intense coasters on this trip! The dive loop Ultra Twister at Rusutsu Resort!

image.jpg.290d657322b4b05d5c6a23f3c4f8525d.jpg

The ride is seriously incredible, and it does this to you!

image.thumb.jpg.ffe7a825504223e51a07d034084cfad5.jpg

It is unlike any other Ultra Twister ever made. Absolutely nuts.

image.thumb.jpg.d34f3d9acc10ad06bd782d0c30213395.jpg

KidTums also rode her first shuttle loop. A bit nervous at first, but she rode it five times and LOVED it. Certainly helps that it's also a really good ride!

image.thumb.jpg.60ca92e1342d0a0742a920e4d6a17469.jpg

Now we are on the train, bound for the airport, heading to Tokyo again for the final leg of our 2013 Japan adventure!

Edited by robbalvey

I guess for some odd reason, TOGOs in Japan seem to be smooth from the reports I have heard in the past few years...

Makes some sense, they make quality products for themselves, while they make death traps for other countries(yes im sure this isnt right, more of a coincidence )

But this trip looks fun! Definitely hope to make a Japan trip one day!

This looks relatively smooth compared to reviews on Viper!

I don't understand why people keep comparing this to Viper at Great Adventure. Viper wasn't an Ultra Twister. Viper was NOTHING like this coaster at all. Sure, they were both made by Togo, but comparing the two makes as much sense as comparing Hulk to Wild Eagle.

Edited by robbalvey

Just wanted to post this clip of the Dive Loop Ultra Twister at Rusutsu. This ride is effing CRAZY! This footage is NOT SPED UP!!!

The Heartline rolls/in-line twists after the dive loop are taken so fast. This is in my top 10 must ride list! Glad to see Japan is going so well! I also have a quick favor to ask. If it is possible, could you please pick up a Tokyo Disney and Tokyo DisneySea map for me? That would be great if you could!