Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Thanks for the update! THis is definitely the year I have to go out there and visit. I have a few friends out there, and I can teach a class so it would be perfect!

cfc wrote:"Fire Dragons" are blue? Well, it still looks nice.

Maybe they are trying to steal the Fire and Ice idea from IOA. ;)

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Wags » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm

I've been going to Lagoon since the early 1980's, always have a good time. It's a throwback to another era, it has that charm some parks just have. They had an awesome fun house into the 90's complete with a spinning tunnel, moving planks made of wood, bursts of air from the floor, and in indoor slide. Good times. Don't go expecting a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park and you will have fun.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:40 pm

XYZ wrote:Wild Mouse's green track looks much better than its old pink track.
Mouse actually had Purple Track, which i kinda miss, but I'm really digging the Green.

jray21 wrote:Thanks for the update! THis is definitely the year I have to go out there and visit. I have a few friends out there, and I can teach a class so it would be perfect!

cfc wrote:"Fire Dragons" are blue? Well, it still looks nice.

Maybe they are trying to steal the Fire and Ice idea from IOA. ;)
Except that Lagoon had the Blue "Fire Dragon" 16 Years before IOA. lol

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:01 am

Question about Colossus: Those who have been on it, how does it compare to Laser/Teststrecke?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:46 am

^ It is much more intense due to the extra helix level on the last helix. I also think it was smoother than Laser.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 am

Struck, who created and produced Lagoon's 2013 Commercial has posted on their blog about their work for Lagoon.

http://struck.com/blog/2013/05/lagoon-defining-fun

Here are the Videos:
Lagoon - Best Friends

Lagoon 2013 - Let Fun Reign

- Sid

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:55 pm

I really liked the best friends commercial.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Wed May 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Those are both well done commercials. Really like the music in the second one.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Those are great! Different is always good. I like the goofiness culminating with many duplicate big guys filling up the sky ride, funny :)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:10 pm

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25584206&nid=148

A therapist concerned about the message of sexual violence a scene from Lagoon's "Terror Ride" sends is asking the amusement park to reconsider its inclusion.

Jeff Tesch, a marriage and family therapist in Ogden, said he boarded the ride last week and viewed a scene of two women bound and dressed in lingerie. He remembered working with adolescent sex offenders several years ago, one of whom told him this scene was a trigger for him. The client had admitted to riding the "Terror Ride" for arousal, then looking for opportunities to act out.

Tesch said he did not do anything about it at the time, but after working with victims of sexual violence and listening to their stories, he is now requesting that Lagoon remove the scene.

"I remember the ride bothering me back then," Tesch said. "We need to be more sensitive. I think a lot of people would never have imagined that a ride like that, or images like that, could actually trigger individuals who are perpetrators.

"I would wonder, too, about anybody that's been sexually abused, their reaction. One in three women now experience some kind of sexual abuse or sexual violence," he added. "It kind of surprises me each time I've ridden it over the years that something hasn't been done — that someone hasn't spoken. It's pretty blatant and clear the way they're dressed, the way they're tied."

Tesch said it is time for Lagoon to take another look at "Terror Ride" and reconsider removing the sexual scene.

"I'm not angry at Lagoon, I'm not trying to make a problem; I just think it's something that should be looked at," he said. "Lagoon itself should recognize that this is a theme that doesn't sit well. I think being responsible as a park and a business is to take it out."

Lagoon's Vice President of Marketing, Dick Andrew, said the amusement park was not aware of any complaints in the ride's decades of operation.

I'm not angry at Lagoon, I'm not trying to make a problem, I just think it's something that should be looked at.
–Jeff Tesch, therapist
"We'll obviously take a look at this particular thing in question and do what we think needs to be done," he said.

He mentioned, in particular, that the park keeps its seasonal horror attraction, "Frightmares" mild, avoiding graphic scenes.

Tesch said that, in general, the attitude toward and portrayals of sexual abuse should be re-evaluated.

"Maybe we do need to take a good look at even things we're supporting that might be further promoting that type of behavior," he said. "With our better understanding about sexual violence against women and the treatment of offenders, I would hope that they would take a look at it and say, 'This is something we could adjust.' And it's a healthy thing for people who visit their amusement park."
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:11 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!