Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 119: New & returning offerings for 2019 announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Do we have an anticipated opening date for this yet? I'm not the biggest DLP fan, but I am quite the rodent fan! ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Earliest I've been able to find is April. That previous photo update linked on Screamscape says possibly not until summer.
Last edited by ernierocker on Wed May 29, 2013 3:18 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 29, 2013 3:19 pm

I am in awe looking at it all. :lover:

And it 'looks' like they are going to send off,
three vehicle 'rats' at a time, yes? No?

(EDIT to add, Actually it looks like six 'rats'
might be released at a time! Huh.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed May 29, 2013 4:00 pm

^ I would say 3 at the same time with the second movie(?) being twice as long as the first. So group A enters scene 1 watch something go to scene 2, Group B comes in scene 1 watch the same thing and take place in the other side as group A is still watching. Group A leaves and Group C takes their place as B is still watching scene 2. After B leaves D takes their place as C still occupies the other screen. You get the point from here. ;)

*Note: Scene 1 are the 3 strips in the bigger room next to each other. Scene 2 are the two halve circled giant screens with the 3 places in front of it.
Last edited by RCT3Bross on Wed May 29, 2013 4:05 pm.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm

^ Well, it's going to be exciting to find out, once it opens next year!
But yes, I understand that logic with dispatching the vehicles 3 at a time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Awesome! I can't wait to see the information about what will be inside!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 pm

After looking at the plans for the layout etc. I am wondering
how the restaurant and gift shop are going to be configured
into the attraction's show building design. I know the restaurant
is at the other corner or the set up. Still, I am curious about it.

Perhaps the restaurant may be two story, with the dining area
on the second floor.

Just a thought. ;)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2013-06-05-hotel-B%26B-partner.pdf

Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., the real estate developer OTI (Legendre Group subsidiary), and the B&B Hotels chain, announce the upcoming construction of a new Selected Hotel to be located near to Disneyland Paris. Nestled in the heart of the Val de France district at Magny le Hongre, this new B&B Hotels property will feature 400 family rooms, a breakfast lounge as well as a Disney gift shop. It will integrate the Disneyland Paris "Selected Hotels" group and will offer guests a number of services such as free shuttle buses to the parks, park tickets available at Reception, Disney Express...

Designed by Euro Disney's urban planning workshop and the architecture firm, Arcas, this new development will incorporate distinctive architectural styles while remaining consistent with the other hotel programs and neighboring residential properties.

Each building will be positioned in such a way as to connect with the existing woodlands and reflect the peaceful atmosphere of a cloister with its gardens. The "Pavilion" will welcome hotel guests in its amazing rotunda-shaped centerpiece with a clear south facing view over the local basin situated at the heart of the district. It is an oasis of tranquility for all the families residing in the hotel.

This new property, scheduled to open end of 2015, will come as a complementary addition to the existing offer available at Disneyland Paris, 5 largest hotel hub in France and Europe's leading tourist destination.

"With this new value hotel, we are delighted to present the public with a quality offer and amazing architecture, this development is also the successful achievement of a sustained partnership between the main project leaders. We would like to thank the teams at OTI / Legendre, B&B Hotels, Arcas and Jones Lang LaSalle for their contribution towards local tourism development" states Francis Borezée - Vice President of Real Estate and Tourism development for Euro Disney.

"Further to the Legendre Group's successful participation on the Place de Toscane, the group's real estate developer, OTI, welcomes this opportunity to build its largest hotel, particularly thanks to the professionalism and application of the teams at Euro Disney and B&B Hotels. We extend special thanks to our internal and external consultants and designers: Arcas, CEI Ouest and OTI, for their proactive approach and efficiency" asserts Benoît Chantreuil, Managing Director OTI.

"The B&B Hotels Group is proud to be collaborating with Euro Disney and its teams on this ambitious development next to Disneyland Paris. This is the first-of-its-kind project for B&B Hotels, as this property will feature of 400 rooms, and will be the largest unit developed by the group. A further demonstration of our ability to adapt to local preferences in order to develop meaningful projects for our brand" affirms Laurent Bonnefous – Business Development Director and Member of B&B Hotels Management Board.
bandbhotel.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am

I last visited DLP in 2005, so at this point I don't even remember the hotel! But more places to stay near the park are always good.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 am

Recent Ratatouille "Kitchen Calamity" construction photos have been released at Disney And More.
The last shot really shows the details they're putting into the walls, etc.
Resize of ratatouilleWDS57.jpg
Over view shot of the new area.
Resize of ratatouilleWDS58.jpg
The Restaurant, Gusteau's.
Resize of ratatouilleWDS59.jpg
The attraction entrance.
Resize of ratatouilleWDS60.jpg
Corner facade on the cast costume building.
Resize of ratatouilleWDS61.jpg
With Disney, it's all in the detailing. (o:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!