Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 126 - Trespasser dies at park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Mt Olympus announces: HADES 360

Postby Mrlittle » Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 am

It looks great from testing. The train is just speeding through the roll. I can't wait to hear some reviews of it soon.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Sat May 25, 2013 10:39 am

Full POV test run...

Last edited by robbalvey on Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 pm.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sat May 25, 2013 11:39 am

A.J. wrote:They've only had trains for a week and they're already going to let people on it? Is that safe?

White Lightning made it's first test run essentially a week before it opened to the public. It just depends on how much testing they are able to get done in that time frame, if the state approves it, etc. If everything is fine and ready to go, the parks needs to start making money off of their new investment ASAP!

I personally think it actually looks great. Super smooth and hopefully the Timberliners keep it that way. No more track tearing PTCs!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LoneRider92 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:42 am

God dang I wish I didn't have work this weekend! :( Please let the weather clear so I can make a trip up on Monday or Tuesday and ride this bad boy. It looks GREAT! =)
I smell like fresh cut spring flowers spewn across a babbling brook with a hint of lemon. |:D

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sat May 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Surprised there's still a decent amount of the track during the course that was left alone. I guess TGG felt like it was still in good enough shape for the Timberliners.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby ScottyDoesKnow » Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:Surprised there's still a decent amount of the track during the course that was left alone. I guess TGG felt like it was still in good enough shape for the Timberliners.

When I interviewed Nick back in March, he said that about 80 percent of the ride was getting re-tracked. Some of the non re-tracked sections still appear a little rough to me, but that might just be me. Guess I'll find out Thursday!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby darklingscribe » Sat May 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Wow it really flies over some of those hills now, but that one hill after the return through the tunnel really looked slow compared to the rest of the ride. Are those anti-rollbacks new on that hill?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes, I think that they are. Does it actually go slower through the sections of track after the return trip through the tunnel?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby noyzz » Sat May 25, 2013 6:21 pm

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:
Skycoastin Steve wrote:Surprised there's still a decent amount of the track during the course that was left alone. I guess TGG felt like it was still in good enough shape for the Timberliners.

When I interviewed Nick back in March, he said that about 80 percent of the ride was getting re-tracked. Some of the non re-tracked sections still appear a little rough to me, but that might just be me. Guess I'll find out Thursday!

I agree! Looks like everything before the lift hill is super rough. But once you go down the drop the rest is super smooth! The train looked like it was about to stop on the hill coming back out of the tunnel. Still looks like a great ride though!!! :airtime:

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 pm

^ I've never found the part before the lift rough, even with the PTCs. It's actually a surprisingly fun part of the ride with a few pops of air.

A.J. wrote:Does it actually go slower through the sections of track after the return trip through the tunnel?

Comparing this pov to TPR's old one which I believe is from 2005, from the top of the hill to the brake run did seem to take a few seconds longer than before. But that was always a particularly rough and uneventful area of the ride so I don't really think it'll lose anything by going a bit slower through it. I kinda wish they could've thrown in the new over bank over there instead, but this revamp still looks great and should be great for the park.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!