It's fascinating to see, how each overseas Magic Kingdom so far, manages to change the "classic layout" of the two U.S. MKs. Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong all did it. The only two lands that seemed to (roughly) stay put, were Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Until SDL.
Now, Tomorrowland is on the left side, and part of Fantasyland will now be in front of The Castle, becoming what's being touted as a "New Main Street" for SDL. And stuff happens under this castle, too!
Here's a few photos (I've collected) which include a possible layout of the park, and a model revealed recently. And as far as the "model" goes, it's basically The Castle and the garden and two rides (Dumbo and Carousel) in front on it. And not much else. <sighs>
Ah well. The garden area looks lovely.
Here's a "possible" layout map of the park.
And the model.
The carousel. Love the horses, lol.
Now, try and squish this castle between your fingers! And look - it's already Christmas there! (tree at right)
Construction began on Friday on Shanghai Disneyland's Enchanted Storybook Castle, which will be the world's tallest and largest Disney castle.
The Enchanted Storybook Castle will be stationed at the heart of the theme park, which is scheduled to open in 2015.
It will be the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces, the company's statement said.
A magnificent winding staircase in the heart of the castle will lead guests on a "Once Upon a Time Adventure", featuring all the Disney Princesses.
The castle will also feature a boat-ride attraction, complete with a secret underground chamber in which fountains of light will leap and dance in shimmering pools, surrounding guests with magic, music and color.
Shanghai Disneyland, the first Disney project in the Chinese mainland, will sit on 3.9 square km, making it three times larger than Hong Kong Disneyland.
The resort is reportedly budgeted at a cost of 24.5 billion yuan ($4 billion) for the theme park and an additional 4.5 billion yuan to build the hotels and restaurant venues.
Disney owns 43 percent of the property. The other 57 percent is held by the State-controlled Shanghai Shendi Group Co Ltd.
The Shanghai Disney project will be the perfect combination of Disney global standards with local best practices, and will truly be "authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese", said Fan Xiping, chairman of Disney's Chinese joint venture partner in Shanghai Disney Resort, Shanghai Shendi Group.
Earlier reports said a large transport terminal will be built alongside the Shanghai Disney Resort.
The terminal, at the western entrance to the park, will include five traffic booths, parking lots for taxis, and a terminus for buses running inside the park.
It will cover 77,492 square meters, with construction expected to take 330 days at a cost of 217 million yuan.
One of the main metro stations at the theme park will feature huge skylights. The Disneypark station, on the metro's Line 11, will be half underground but architecturally in harmony with its surroundings.
Hong Kong Disneyland this March posted its first annual profit, boosted by record attendance, since the theme park opened in 2005.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.