TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Looks one of the nicest star flyers around, and that's coming from someone who does not really care about them much.

Kudos to Six Flags for offering such a unique ride, offering up to 4 programmes according to park/ride capacity. If these programmes rotated based on a schedule, it would be a great way to increase rerideability.

Those burrito's were so good! If only that stand could stay there all summer and serve them up. The ride certainly surprised me, since I envisioned basically riding a Windseeker, but the chains, different cycles, and chairs rotating in the wind all added up to a few unexpected I might crap myself moments. SFOT has added a winner of a thrilling flat ride that everyone should check out. Thanks SFOT for the fun festivities and event. Already looking forward to getting back out there on the TPR trip.

It's too bad SkyScreamer will never stay looking that new
What do you mean?

Right now, SkyScreamer is brand new and looks terrific. In a few years, it will start to fade if Six Flags doesn't take care of it. Tatsu gleamed when it was opened, but SF hasn't painted it and it doesn't look so good now.

Just came back from the park, managed one ride on Texas Skyscreamer before it closed due to high winds. This I fear will become a recurring problem for TS. I took the pics below whilst waiting to ride. The ride itself was niether scary nor thrilling I'm sad to say. Again, the ride closed for the remainder of the day right after I got off. The only thing that keeps TS from being a total letdown is it's sheer size. A shorter Skyscreamer wouldn't even be worth a 30 minute wait let alone the two hours I spent in line for TS. The view from that high up is certainly nothing to sneeze at and at night time I'm sure TS will prove much more enjoyable with all the city lights on.

Having ridden Windseeker at CP I guess I was hoping for a bit more from this ride. Although, to be fair, I wasn't all that impessed with Windseeker either.

IMG181.thumb.jpg.933c2c25d4b6c60f711d28b63e947103.jpg

In line for Texas Skyscreamer.

IMG180.thumb.jpg.d2e3de4ec6ef163797156f33708020a8.jpg

A bit closer now.

IMG183.thumb.jpg.418aa671921635a26ed7fd7a4964055f.jpg

Happy riders boarding the 400ft Skyscreamer.

IMG184.thumb.jpg.2b940517c327cbdbd6f6b3c1916eee79.jpg

IMG182.thumb.jpg.f06d6e95c0ee04f29b7903b46a828083.jpg

The TS rider staging area. You will be asked to stand on either a red or blue circle.

IMG185.thumb.jpg.d0fda860ef8e9a5e81080e0e9f5c8ab6.jpg

Sadly, these guests are waiting for a ride on the Texas Skyscreamer that will never come.

Just came back from the park, managed one ride on Texas Skyscreamer before it closed due to high winds.

Wait, did you ride it or did you operate it? Your lack of nouns is confusing me.

He was able to get one ride on TSS before the winds closed the ride.

^Thanks!

Wow, I can NOT believe you didn't like Texas Skyscreamer. I guess everyone has their own opinion. I on the other hand loved it.

Sorry, but the one ride I had was a total bore fest. I could have gone to sleep on this thing. Furthermore, the ride has to close the minute the wind picks up. I fear investing in TSS may turn out to be a colossal mistake for SFOT.

Wow, I can NOT believe you didn't like Texas Skyscreamer. I guess everyone has their own opinion. I on the other hand loved it.

Not everyone is going to enjoy a ride like Sky Screamer. They're kind of a "family" thrill ride (like Windseekers, but a bit more unnerving). Personally, I think they're fun, but I have no touble believing that someone else might not like them.