Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 am

Woo Hoo! Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, comes to life at Universal Orlando Resort launching this summer.

The expansive, new area within Universal Studios will be anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, and will allow guests to enter the world of The Simpsons like never before. It will be the only place in the world where guests can walk the streets of Springfield. It will include a brand-new outdoor attraction, places and foods pulled right from the show and two new Simpsons characters who will make their debut with the new area – Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.

And yes – there will be Duff Beer, brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando.

For the first time ever – anywhere – fans will be able to walk down Fast Food Boulevard and visit the places that helped Springfield stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.” They will be able to grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman, get a slice at Luigi’s Pizza, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, enjoy a “Taco Fresho” with Bumblebee Man and imbibe at Moe’s Tavern.

The new attraction – called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – will take “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit.

“This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. “For the first time ever, they’re going to be able to enter a world that they’ve only seen on television – and we’re really excited to bring that world to life.”

“This new expansion will broaden and deepen the already incredible experience at Universal, by bringing to life the iconic landmarks of Springfield that fans have grown to love,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products. “Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe’s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal.”

"It has been an honor to bring the world of the Simpsons to life in such a letter-perfect way,” said Denise Sirkot, President, Worldwide Brand, Gracie Films. “Truly this is the Krustyest place on earth."

For more information, visit www.universalorlando.com.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 am.
Apollos Chariot #1!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby simtanic8 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 am

You beat me to it! I'm mostly excited about Moe's Tavern, also Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl just because it's another ride to get on. :b

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am

That looks great!! I hope Universal Hollywood gets creating and adds some Simpsons stuff like this!

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Thu May 23, 2013 11:25 am

Looks just like my town in Tapped Out!

Very cool! Excited for this project! Great addition.
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 am

Lard Lad Donuts and Duff Beer--I'm sold.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 am

Talk about expanding, Springfield this year next year Diagon Ally. I always loved to have a Duff beer.
Last edited by RCT3Bross on Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 am.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 am

Love it!

Springfield > Diagon whatever!!!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu May 23, 2013 11:41 am

Noticed a model of a B&M Hyper train sitting on a table next to many models for Transformers the Ride during the Today Show Broadcast. Looked like the old school (new school?) 4 across seats. Wonder if they were originally planning that for the Transformers franchise.
Snoochie Boochie

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Simipour'sTrainer » Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 am

Oh my god, this looks amazing! More reasons to be jealous of the East Coast...
America Needs Flavor! Vote Guy Fieri 2020!

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby eastcoast » Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am

No, no, no Diagon Alley > Springfield :p But of course I respect all opinions. :b

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!