Photo TR: Cliff's - 04.03.05

Fun Times in Albuquerque
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:23 am

I've never seen a coaster shoe-horned into a small park so beautifully. I absolutely love how steel-structured woodies look.

Great photos!

-kip-

If it Wasn't For Cliffs I'd Have to Drive 7 Hours for Wood!!!

Postby crispy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:47 am

I've never seen a coaster shoe-horned into a small park so beautifully. I absolutely love how steel-structured woodies look.

Shoehorned is the right word for it, whats even more amazing, is that not only did they design the ride to work around the paths and other rides, it is a totally awesome coaster, CCI is by far and away the best coaster designers EVER, now with most of them at The Gravity Group, it will be intresting to see if they have the same success.

EDIT: CCI is the best WOODEN coaster designers ever

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:12 pm

NO no no...NMR is NOT a shoehorned coaster when compared to Cornball Express. Really now, NMR actually has room, goes out, turns around, comes back. Has the sweet turn around sections with the tunnels.

When MORE than half of the ride is suspended over picnic areas, water and the walking area + plus uses supports from another wooden coaster, THATS shoehorned.

http://www.real-coasters.com/tripreport ... nball.html

But CCI has a knack (now GG) for taking whats really no space at all and putting in a stellar ride.

Postby crispy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:41 pm

I have never been to Indiana Beach, but yeah I have seen pics of how cramed that coaster is into a VERY tight space.

I think it would be great, and Really put cliffs on the map if they could find a way to get one more great coaster, I'm sure the Gravity Group would be happy to cram one more CCI like creation into the park, to help put the Gravity Group on the map

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Coasterkid20 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:36 am

Without a doubt Cornball gets the award of the most crammed of the two of them. Although I think technically NMR delivers a more intense ride all around, Cornball can deliver some mad airtime when it wants to but unfortunately when I rode it last year it didn't. :cry: It had been my #1 for 2 years straight but after last year Raven bitched slapped it......

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:53 am

Yea, if they crammed another one alongside NMR that would be sweet. The only thing was it would have to be made in a way that didnt take away from the beauty of whats there. Its a very good looking wooden coaster and its extremely photogenic.

Postby crispy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:26 am

I think they should consider the other side of the park, have it weave around the Log ride ala Cornball, and fly over the water monkey water park. They acually have a bit of space in that direction

Postby crispy » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:30 pm

Better yet, loose the Sea Serpent dragon pirate boat thing and put a Schwarzkopf coaster in its place, there are tons of them flying around, hell maybe they could talk SFMW out of Zonga, and return the loops how they were ment to be

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:57 am

True, Cornball is crammed in tight; but, that doesn't make it a fantastic coaster. While, the first drop is awesome and the next two hills are good, I think the helix is stupid, and the run home doesn't have enough bunny hops. IMO, it's an average coaster, at best. I'd rather be riding Lost Coaster.

-kip-

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:26 pm

I wonder what happened to Cornball...

I rode it like opening week and I thought it was great! It was new, and cold outside but it had such great airtime, you can even see it in our video of it. Then when we went back in 03 I was very dissapointed. It wasn't any rougher but it seemed to have lost some of its intensity...anyone else notice this?

Elissa "and Hurricane was running better!" Alvey

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive