TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

^Agreed. Most of the park's restaurants are counter service, anyway, and I'd much rather have a nice, themed, and (above all) air-conditioned spot in which to eat lunch.

^ After our September visit, I would have to say, even with

the new MM now opened, that it's more of (to me) a 3/4 Day park, LOL.

But - if you do like I did, and include time back at the hotel (so easy

to get to, with the bus service from the park) for rest, relaxation,

...and cocktails... then it easily becomes a Full Day Park.

• 4 months later...

The Iron Man experience is coming to Hong Kong Disneyland!!!

The Iron Man Experience will be a thrilling new E-Ticket attraction in Tomorrowland. It's going to be amazing!

BWBkKA7CcAAPG1P.jpg-large.jpeg.be634a176a9cfa7889de42314a8b7f71.jpeg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/marvels-iron-man-coming-to-hong-kong-disneyland-in-2016/

As I’ve often said, one of the greatest things about Disney is the treasure trove of characters and rich stories we have to draw upon for the immersive experiences we provide our guests around the world. With Marvel joining the Disney family in 2009, our character and story base grew even further, and the anticipation for how Marvel comes to life in our parks and resorts continues to energize our guests and cast.

That’s why it was so exciting earlier today at Hong Kong Disneyland to announce that the very first Disney attraction based on a Marvel character experience will debut in Hong Kong Disneyland. And I’m excited to be able to share some of the initial details with you today about this Iron Man Experience.

Audiences around the world have been captivated by the amazing inventions and innovations of Tony Stark and we’re basing this experience within a piece of the Stark Expo. Located in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland, the Expo will allow guests to see firsthand the progression of Tony’s Iron Man suits and many other Stark innovations.

Upon entering the ride vehicle our guests will be able to take flight with Iron Man on an epic adventure that not surprisingly pits Iron Man, and our guests, against the forces of evil. This adventure will take place in the streets and skies of Hong Kong, which will make an even more unique and special experience for our Hong Kong Disneyland guests. In addition, guests will be able to meet and take photos with Iron Man.

It’s obviously no secret that Marvel’s Iron Man movies are immensely popular, and we expect this experience will emulate the success of our most recent expansion – Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point – all of which have been huge hits with our guests.

We are extremely confident in and committed to the continued growth and success of Hong Kong Disneyland. I’m excited to see Iron Man become a part of that success when we welcome guests to the attraction in late 2016.

image.jpg.127ce2685ecd9b8cbc6b7e0abab83644.jpg

A rendering of the planned Iron Man Experience at Hong Kong Disneyland, with a shopping area, which is due to open in 2016.

imx338476SMALL.thumb.jpg.07b1abeca137e3d92fef1062600a75c0.jpg

imx228476SMALL.jpg.71491a8476b302de23b9cc30acddb2b0.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Or it could be a retooled Star Tours-esque simulator, which is what it apparently is. I don't have any strong opinions but people on the internet do. I just think its another unique attraction for HKDL that they probably need.

Yeah this is one of the most exciting theme park announcements in a while, no idea what the ride system will be at this point but $100+ Million ride hopefully it won't suck!

Also, I wonder if they'll create a cool new interactive meet and greet like they've done with Belle and some of the other princesses at Magic Kingdom? That could be really cool as well.

Hopefully the name changes from "the experience." You can't get more generic than that, perhaps the Chinese name will be better.

They really are throwing a lot of money at this park, hopefully it will work out in the end.

Sounds like Disney's take on the Spiderman ride system to me...

I was thinking the same thing--with a mix of computer animation and animatronics. I wonder if Robert Downey, Jr., will provide any voicework for it.

Sounds like Disney's take on the Spiderman ride system to me...

I was thinking the same thing--with a mix of computer animation and animatronics. I wonder if Robert Downey, Jr., will provide any voicework for it.

Maybe it'll be soarin over post-avengers new york city

I'll be interested to see where they put it in Tomorrowland, I just came back from there, with all the new rides on the other side of the park and the familys in fantasyland, tommorowland seemed really dead the whole time we were there (although saying that most people were probably in autopia's queue line) poor Buzz Lightyear seemed really tucked away in the corner was completely empty each time we rode. Should bring a lot of people back to that area.

There was actually a lot of iron man 3 merchandise in the shops even now on main street so I think it will go down well in Hong Kong, I hope there are other buildings to flesh out the expo and a meet and greet with iron man or war machinen (i can't see the american paint job version from the new movie being overly appreciated though).

So if/when those Marvel/Star Wars lands/new parks for the other disney parks comes to fruition, we should probably see this cloned into the other parks.

If there is one thing that Disney Attraction Art normally does, its that they get the ride vehicle right. Based on that, I'm sure it will be the same system at the Upgraded Star Tours attractions. I doubt it'd be an actual tracked ride, cause your'e in an enclosed vehicle. That being said, I love Star Tours (old and new) and I am very very excited about this attraction!! I always thought Stark Expo and Iron Man was a great fit to the Tomorrowland Theme.

Or it could be a retooled Star Tours-esque simulator, which is what it apparently is. I don't have any strong opinions but people on the internet do.

I got a huge whiff of Star Tours from the concept art and press release ("take flight") as well - which is still pretty awesome.