TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I want to thank each and everyone of you for being so awesome and cooperative! Jeffrey and I can't express our gratitude enough for helping us fill up our Iron Rattler trains! We hope that each and everyone of you continue to enjoy the Iron Rattler as much as we do!

I'll be posting yet another special sneek preview "boarding pass" later on today set for this Friday! Be on the lookout!

^very tempting. I think I may be calling in sick to work on Friday. I've been dreaming of that drop since last Friday.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for being so awesome and cooperative! Jeffrey and I can't express our gratitude enough for helping us fill up our Iron Rattler trains! We hope that each and everyone of you continue to enjoy the Iron Rattler as much as we do!

I'll be posting yet another special sneek preview "boarding pass" later on today set for this Friday! Be on the lookout!

Thanks again for letting me be a part of it.

[youtu_be]
[/youtu_be]

After watching the commercial several times to look for me and I'm very excited that I spotted myself in the commercial starting at the 16sec mark where the riders are going upside down!

"World's smoothest hybrid coaster."

Yeah, because NTAG can't avoid hitting all those bolts in the track!

"First ever looping zero-G inversion roll."

Um...sure?

Hitting bolts in the track..... really, do we have to go through this again? It can't hit the bolts.

Um...sure?

Hitting bolts in the track..... really, do we have to go through this again? It can't hit the bolts.

Apparently blatant sarcasm isn't blatant enough without an emoticon.

To enthusiasts, the flaws are obvious, but to the GP, it goes unnoticed. There is some fraction of truth to the claims, so they aren't totally false, but that's the nature of advertising. You can't just say "come ride, it's awesome." You in a way have to inflate the claims a little bit to the point where they are truthful, but not completely false. It is the worlds steepest drop (on a hybrid) and is the worlds first zero-g-roll (on a hybrid),so in this case, it's just missing information. But hey, it's effective!

By the way, love the commercial! Very well done! I love the opening scene with the rattlesnake around the first drop! Its like Snakezilla!

Um...sure?

Apparently blatant sarcasm isn't blatant enough without an emoticon.

I'm just cranky right now.

If RMC were a public company, I would buy every last share I could afford. They are rocking it so hard, it's insane.

GORGEOUS photos! Everything looks tremendous, the trains, the new logo, that symbol on the lift, THE TRAINS... Next year, without fail, I'm hitting this park. Has to happen.

Fantastic footage and photos, one question directed to those who filmed this how is it meeting up with the other 15 or so channels that immediatley posted footage from this event? Was there a battle for the front seat among the various coaster filming youtubers?

The "Talent" had priority during media day. They all had a scheduled time for their shoot whether it was on the via satellite train for the news crews or the go pro camera train for the youtubers. Once all the live filming was wrapped up they took the satellite train off and left the go pro camera train until they needed the other train for travel channel to begin shooting. I got 2 rides in on the front car between 2-3pm. Overall it was an amazing experience. Almost half the people that showed up took off after the 1 hour or so lunch break for the ride operators. After that there was almost enough people to fill the 1 train which is where the majority of my rides came in, since no one had to get off. Again it was an amazing time and I can't thank the Fiesta Texas crew enough for the free swag and multiple rides. Sign me up for the next Fiesta Texas media event!

To enthusiasts, the flaws are obvious, but to the GP, it goes unnoticed. There is some fraction of truth to the claims, so they aren't totally false, but that's the nature of advertising. You can't just say "come ride, it's awesome." You in a way have to inflate the claims a little bit to the point where they are truthful, but not completely false. It is the worlds steepest drop (on a hybrid) and is the worlds first zero-g-roll (on a hybrid),so in this case, it's just missing information. But hey, it's effective!

This is EXACTLY right. You can nitpick the ad campaign all you want, but at the end of the day SFFT only has what they are given to work with, and I think they did a MUCH better job than I've seen other parks do... (not naming any names!)

This is EXACTLY right. You can nitpick the ad campaign all you want, but at the end of the day SFFT only has what they are given to work with, and I think they did a MUCH better job than I've seen other parks do... (not naming any names!)