TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Oh a wing rider would be nice! Something to stand out on the corner of that intersection would be nice! Well, there is a 400 ft tall tower there now, but a wing rider would be cool! I'm excited to see what 2014 has in store for this park.

And no, of six flags removes Titan, I will probably never return. Or Batman. They better not bring a crane anywhere close to Batman except to build a wing rider. I think both of the parks B&Ms next to eachother would be nice!

I just hope that they won't ever remove The Runaway Mine Train, Judge Roy Scream, Shockwave, & La Vibora, those are the Texas Greatest Rides, even Titan, & Mr Freeze! But I think a Wing Rider would be a Great idea of an thought, if possible, I hope a Wing Rider like Wild Eagle at Dollywood!

It's highly unlikely, since Judge Roy Scream is an ACE Coaster Classic, that the ride will be removed. There are actually many, many other options and places to build in the park that don't affect the future of the currently standing roller coasters. I will also state that overall ridership for all of the coasters is good, so removing another coaster from the mix isn't necessarily the answer. I do think SFOT could take a cue from CP and create a wing rider that incorporates the front gate area. There is also the option of having the coaster jump the entry road like Goliath at SFOG.

Hello All,

I just joined here after lurking for a little while. My family will be headed to the park on May 31 & June 1 for our daughter's 19th birthday. My husband and daughter have never been. I went once in like 1980 when I was a kid and again in maybe 1990, whatever year Texas Giant opened. I remember waiting in line for 3 hours and then getting off with the most intense headache!

Neither me or the hubbs have ridden a coaster in about 10 years I guess. We grew up in Houston and spent our summers at Astroworld. I managed to get my daughter there a few times when she was really young, it closed when she was only 11 and we didn't make it there the final year I suppose money was pretty tight or else we would have gone! Her first coaster was Greezed Lightnin', she was only 4 and she looked petrified the whole ride. She hung on my arm for dear life. Hopped off when it was over threw her little arms in the are and screamed "let's do it again"! The only ride she's been on since then has been the coaster at the Kemah boardwalk so she's super thrilled!

So now that you know my whole life story I'm interested in knowing a couple things...

We are actually driving up on the 29th to take her to Medieval Times and to get settled in at our hotel. I was thinking about heading to the park when we get there so we can process our season passes - does this seem like it would be worthwhile so we can get straight to the fun on Friday???. (We got passes because it was cheaper than tickets for two days according to the website and we decided to plan a second trip this summer to Fiesta Texas.)

FlashPass - worth it for Saturday June 1st? I cant afford it for both days...Will it be super crowded by then or will the summer rush not be in full swing yet?

Since there will only be three of us, how do they handle single riders here? At astroworld they always called up a second single rider to join you, and sometimes the employees would ride if there weren't any more singles but I think I recall from a million years ago that I saw people riding alone on rides there.

In your opinion what would you ride first? My daughter wants to ride the new Skyscreamer but I want to do Titan first! I mean, in the end it will be her choice since its her b-day, but I want to talk her out of it because I don't want to ride that thing! I didn't even like the old Gunslinger at Astroworld and it was only a few feet off the ground, I was always afraid I'd fall in that mucky pond and/or lose a shoe!

I would ride in this order.

New Texas Giant (NTAG)

Titan

Shockwave

Superman - Tower of Power

Runaway Mine Train/ Mini Mine Train.

Mr Freeze

Batman

Skyscreamer

Judge Roy Scream

Pandimonium

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

PS- If you can't handle a standard size swing ride (Gunslinger), then you're better off staying away from Texas Skyscreamer.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Plenty of room for the green lantern wing rider. Go from flashback to where the strip mall is. Isn't there a vacant bumper car building too? I thought xflight had a small footprint

We need to compare the old flashback site and the strip mall area to see if xflight or another winged rider footprint

Plenty of room for the green lantern wing rider. Go from flashback to where the strip mall is. Isn't there a vacant bumper car building too? I thought xflight had a small footprint

We need to compare the old flashback site and the strip mall area to see if xflight or another winged rider footprint

If not a winged rider maybe a recycled stand up or flying coaster.

Sorry guys I meant,compare flashbacks old footprint plus the strip mall to xflights footprint to see if it will fit

I have already done some comparisons on Google earth. Believe it or not, a pretty decent sized coaster could fit in the Flashback, bumper car building, and the strip mall area.

I did come comparisons last year. I'll post the image again -

The yellow is Dare Devil Dive, the pink is Huracan (Belantis) and the white is Wild-Svinet (Bon Bon Land).

I would ride in this order.

New Texas Giant (NTAG)

Titan

Shockwave

Superman - Tower of Power

Runaway Mine Train/ Mini Mine Train.

Mr Freeze

Batman

Skyscreamer

Judge Roy Scream

Pandimonium

Runaway Mountain

La Vibora

PS- If you can't handle a standard size swing ride (Gunslinger), then you're better off staying away from Texas Skyscreamer.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind as the dates get closer. Is your list put together by any type of system like going in a big circle of the park or anything rather than trekking back and forth all day?

I suppose I could handle the swing rides, I rode it hundreds of times, I just always had an irrational day dream of sorts about falling into the pond they had next to it or my shoes falling in the pond and having to go shoeless the rest of the day.

Any input on my other questions?