Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:34 pm

First drop isn't as great in the front. Still awesome. Back is still just as great and terrifying with that kink halfway down. The rest of the ride doesn't suffer from the slowed lift a single bit.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Sun May 12, 2013 7:00 pm

^Exactly
And BTW, i saw a Club TRP member today. Was it you^ lol.
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 pm

TyRush wrote:And BTW, i saw a Club TRP member today. Was it you^ lol.

Wasn't me! I was just there last weekend though.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 am

TyRush wrote:^Exactly
And BTW, i saw a Club TRP member today. Was it you^ lol.

That may have been me. How come you did not introduce yourself? I was by myself until about 12:30 when another TPR forum member showed up.

I had several people stop and talk to me because of the ClubTPR shirt I had on. It was great, I felt like a celebrity!

Anywho... I absolutely loved Skyrush! Got to ride it 10 times, and it is by far my favorite Intamin. It's also my new #1 steel coaster.

I loved the feeling of nearly flying out of the seat on just about every turn.

Postby TyRush » Mon May 13, 2013 4:16 am

^I kind of did!?!? I did acknowledge whoever had the shirt on by saying TPR and they just shook their head. And by then i was holding up the line so i had to run up the steps. Haha. Next time I see a TPR member i will for sure stop. And i wasnt in the best of moods either yesterday. My fault for not introducing myself

And yes see, Skyrush still hauls! The lap bar "release" on the break run is very nice. Everyone on the train loved that addition

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby RideTheEdge » Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 pm

I got the chance to go on Friday! It was awesome as always. Although I was a little disappointed in Skyrush's slowed lift hill, it wasn't as noticeable as I thought it would be. The release of the restraints was nice, and it was kinda funny how some of the guests were alarmed as in "was that supposed to happen!?", haha. It was great to ride my favourite coaster again (and again and again.... :$), I've missed it so much! I'll be back again in August/September. I'm already counting the days, lol :) <3
Favourite Steel: Skyrush
Favourite Wood: El Toro
Steel Wishlist: Intimidator305, YOLOcoaster, Tatsu,
Wood Wishlist: Outlaw Run, The Voyage, T-Express

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Hersheypark has sent us a press release about their upcoming Summer entertainment!

This summer, Hersheypark entertainers proudly offer 13 different live shows including six new offerings. Guests can rock day and night with their favorite acts, from dueling piano performers to an array of high-energy entertainers who strut their stuff in the theaters and midways. These musical medleys provide the perfect complement to the Park’s collection of more than 65 rides and attractions.

In addition, the Hersheypark Summer Concert Series, sponsored by Famous Famiglia, continues throughout the summer with an exciting line-up of local and national artists every Sunday in the Music Box Theatre. Shows are seated on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the Park’s one-price admission.
Following is a summary of the resident entertainment for the Hersheypark 2013 season:

NEW: Fusion
Chevrolet Music Box Theatre
May 3 – September 29
No shows on Sundays
Join us for a high-energy, non stop singing and dancing spectacular featuring musical mash ups that will leave you cheering for more!

NEW: Piano Duel
Chevrolet Music Box Theatre
May 25 – August 25
No shows on Sundays
Blend a concert with an interactive experience and the result is this new and all fun dueling piano show that will be the hit of summer.

NEW: Character Quiz Show
Amphitheatre
May 25-September 2
Are you smarter than a candy bar? Find out when you join the fun as our famous Hershey’s characters compete in a game show sweet enough for the whole family.

NEW: The Wild, Wild West Show
Country Grill
May 22 – September 2
The old West was never this wild! Join Wild, Wild Bill and a crazy cast of characters for a comic musical revue at the Country Grill.

NEW: Reese’s Boardwalk Bash
The Boardwalk- near the new Shoreline Sprayground
May 25 – August 25
You’re invited to boogie down at The Boardwalk with the Reese’s character and his friends.

NEW: Piano Express
Strolling through the Park
May 25-August 25
No shows on Sundays
We’re taking the show on the road. The singing pianists of Piano Duel take to the “streets” of Hersheypark!

Pattie & The Peppermints
Music Box Way
May 22 – August 25
No shows on Tuesdays
Back for their second season, this sassy all girl band plays classic tunes with a fresh twist.

The Hershey’s Character Party
Music Box Way
Presented by Turkey Hill Minit Markets
May 25 – August 25
Ever dance with a larger-than-life chocolate bar? Have your camera ready and join a variety of Hershey’s Product Characters as they party in front of the Music Box Theatre.

Our Friends from the Sea
Aquatheatre
May 3 – September 29
Meet Geneva and Diego, the sea lion stars at Hersheypark, and their new harbor seal friend Bumper. See these beautiful animals side-by-side and learn the differences in the two species. This show is both fun and educational and a Park tradition.

The Ed-ZOO-cation Team
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park
May 25 – August 25
No shows on Thursdays
These ex-ZOO-berant jugglers will amaze you with their extraordinary skills, comedic timing and eco-friendly message.

Cocoa Rhythm Factory
May 25 – August 25
These strolling “factory workers” are mass-producing good vibrations for everyone.

Hershey’s Choc-a-pella
May 22 – August 25
No shows on Wednesdays
Listen for the sweet sounds of yesterday as this a cappella sensation pedals through the Park.

The Chocolate-Covered Band
No shows on Mondays
This Hersheypark favorite band is always whipping up a fresh batch of sweet tunes for you to enjoy.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:06 am

Just getting word from the Inside Hershey Facebook page that Hershey Highmeadow Campground, to celebrate it's 50 year anniversary, is changing it's name to Hersheypark Camping Resort. It will feature a new mascot character, have newly named areas, and is located on a newly named entrance road: Sweet St.

Credit: Inside Hershey

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 am

TyRush wrote:^I kind of did!?!? I did acknowledge whoever had the shirt on by saying TPR and they just shook their head. And by then i was holding up the line so i had to run up the steps. Haha. Next time I see a TPR member i will for sure stop. And i wasnt in the best of moods either yesterday. My fault for not introducing myself

And yes see, Skyrush still hauls! The lap bar "release" on the break run is very nice. Everyone on the train loved that addition

Ah, ok. I remember you. I was kind of annoyed that you were holding the line up!....LOL

The lap bars releasing was a nice touch. It also startled guests that weren't expecting it.

Postby TyRush » Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 am

B&MBoy1982 wrote:
TyRush wrote:^I kind of did!?!? I did acknowledge whoever had the shirt on by saying TPR and they just shook their head. And by then i was holding up the line so i had to run up the steps. Haha. Next time I see a TPR member i will for sure stop. And i wasnt in the best of moods either yesterday. My fault for not introducing myself

Ah, ok. I remember you. I was kind of annoyed that you were holding the line up!....LOL

The lap bars releasing was a nice touch. It also startled guests that weren't expecting it.

Thats what i figured! :b I was taking a picture of the lift hill with the sun behind it and then i saw your shirt and by then i had held everyone up. You looked pissed lol :lmao:
The guy you were with said to let him know next time I was going so we could meet up

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!