Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Former park land sold for $3.5 million
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby Coaster Cow » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:09 am

They'll quarantine it as the Devil's workshop and burn it to the ground ceremoniously.
"There''s a Lieutenant Crunch here to see you."
"Lieutenant Crunch?"
"Actually, I've been promoted. It''s Captain Crunch now."

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:51 am

Jew wrote:I bet this non profit group is just a cover for the former owners to buy the park again tax free this time. :lol:

I think the Westboro Baptist Church should buy the place, just so they can protest there everyday about how evil rock and roll is and why the failure of this park is yet another example of God punishing America for the presence of gay people.

And they can do it tax free! :lol:

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 am

^They would probably end up getting rid of whatever rides are left (they would probably end up selling Time Machine) and demolish the whole for the world's largest Baptist church!
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:43 am

^I think they would run Time Machine as Led Zepplin again, just so they could work up a lot of outrage about "Whole Lotta Love."
Last edited by cfc on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 am.

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:11 pm

^Oh they'll run Time Machine, in another park like Darien Lake, Kennywood, or a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park (under a different name)! :lol:

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:36 pm

From Coaster Cow in a recent post -

They'll quarantine it as the Devil's workshop and burn it to the ground ceremoniously.

If they do that, then I'll bring the hot dogs and s'mores!!! :lmao:

I better go; I'm getting hungry!

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 pm

^Don't tell me that the time Machine is going to coaster Hell where Drachen Fire and original Steel Phantom are!

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 am

Jew wrote:I bet this non profit group is just a cover for the former owners to buy the park again tax free this time. :lol:

My thoughts exactly!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:52 am

cfc wrote:

I think the Westboro Baptist Church should buy the place, just so they can protest there everyday about how evil rock and roll is and why the failure of this park is yet another example of God punishing America for the presence of gay people.

And they can do it tax free! :lol:

Oh, darn it...you just gave them ideas! :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:04 pm

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22236717/no-deal-reached-for-purchase-of-freestyle-music-park

No deal reached for purchase of Freestyle Music Park
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – As of Monday, a local church group will not be the new owners of the vacant Freestyle Music Park. According to Christ United Methodist Church, Mother's Day was the deadline to buy the land.

Abiding Village, the church's non-profit group, says the group will still move forward with its plans to grow, even though for now, those plans will not include taking over the empty park next to them.

Three weeks ago, Abiding Village announced they were given the opportunity to buy Freestyle Music Park for $10 million. The group reported this was at a fraction of the property's actual $180 million value. According to Abiding Village, the park's owners only gave them until Mother's Day to come up with the money.

Abiding Village announced it would use the park's space to roll out its plans for expansion, which called for an arts and education center, and a business center.

As of Monday, the deal is a no go. The group reports it came out more than $9.8 million short. Leaders with Christ United say the opportunity in itself has given the church a boost.

"We are extremely thankful for the way that the vision for Abiding Village and the ministry that's already been there for the last five years and where its headed, the attention that has been drawn to that, has been priceless. So we're deeply grateful," said Christ United Pastor Jeff Dunn.

Dunn says as of Monday, the church cannot comment on current dealings with the owners of Freestyle Music Park. Dunn could only confirm the possible $10 million deal to buy the vacant park fell through.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News.All rights reserved.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!