Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: jedimaster1227 and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Uber Designer

Postby Real » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:52 pm

On the contrary, I thought Raging Bull was the biggest disappointment Ive ever been on and Nitro is one of the best. Depends on your angle I suppose.

As for this ride, lookin really fine, especially for a Beemer.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:27 pm

Well, I bring good news, BGTGuide wasn't kidding on April Fools Day when they posted about SheiKra testing. SheiKra really is testing, but only at night. The video isn't that well lit, but shows the train going through the overbank, the (dry) splash area, into the helix.

http://www.ftnmedia.com/video/testing_1.zip

Cant wait and it looks intense!
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:03 am

I was just at Busch last month working in the Entertainment Departmenr and got a close up look at Sheikra from backstage. Let me just say that first drop looks AWESOME! Even better is the view from across the street in the McDonald's parking lot.

I can't wait to ride it, but I still hold out hope that one day a Central Florida park will build an Intamin Hyper or Giga Coaster!
She1.jpg

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:24 pm

Yay i just saw some video over at site banned that shows it testing. The thing looks freeking awsome!!!! Cant wait to ride it in may!

Colin C

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:27 pm

i dout it. the highest point in florida isnt very high. TTD is higher than the highest point in Florida. But i dont know exactly what height it is.

Site Admin

Sheikra Testing Video...

Postby robbalvey » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:37 pm

www.bgtguide.com has just posted a testing video:

http://www.ftnmedia.com/video/day_1.zip

Other than the video being fairly terrible (it looks like it's not 29.97 FPS and you spend the first 20 seconds of the 59 second video waiting for the thing to drop) I have to say that the ride doesn't look as good as I was hoping. :(

I'm sure it will still be fun, because, I mean, even the worst B&Ms are fun, but it looks a LOT slower than I was expecting.

We'll just have to see what happens between now and opening as I'm not one to judge a ride before I ride it, but wow...looking at that video seems to be about on par with other recent forceless B&M's.....

--Robb "Oh, well...at least there is Kumba at that park!" Alvey :lol:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:04 pm

Eh...I don't know what I was hoping for...but I'm with Robb...something looks a little off.

At least it doesn't come to a full stop on the second brake run.

Elissa "it sure beats Gwazi!" Alvey

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

Postby memphish » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:26 pm

The first drop and inversion didn't look that slow to me. It looked like what I was expecting. The brakes are a disappointment though. I was hoping it would have a decent amount of speed before the second drop. The only section that seemed a little slow was the turn following the second drop. Of course, you still have to assume the speed will increase once the trains are broken in. (I hope, I hope) Reguardless I plan to head down there this summer and check it out. And as Robb said before, they have Kumba :D

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:40 am

I wander if the drop sensation will be much different from Oblivion or G5. I hope so, I love Oblivion..

This is probably my favourite (looking) coaster for 2005. As I said, I love Oblivion, so this is like that..plus 2 other rides. It's like 3 different rides in one! yaay...shame I'm probably never ever gonna get to ride it.

I'm downloading the testing video now though...I hope I'm not dissapointed.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BadaBing » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:52 am

Looks like fun. Can't wait for my next trip to Florida. I had this feeling after i went for a visit to Florida in March 04 to hit up Universal and BGT that one of those parks would have something new the following year. Big shock when both places added something new...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!