TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Cliff's - 04.03.05

Alright I talked my wife into going to Cliff's on opening day, which is no small feat considering she is about 8 months pregnant. She called and invited her sister, so it was me, my daughter Mickey, my wife Corina, my sister in law Becka, and her son Ryan

here we go

Opening day at Cliff's was great. I was sure that there would be at least a decent crowd on hand, but no the park was fairly empty, but it appears they are doing well, three new rides, and new cash registers, you know those fancy touch screen type, that the employees don't know how to use yet, so it takes 30 minutes to order a hotdog, you know the ones

Anyway, we arrived about 10 minutes late and expected to see a line still to enter the park. I think waited behind two groups of people, and due to the new cash registers it took about 15 minutes to get in.

We went over to the Galaxi, cause the kids can ride it, and promply got on, no line. Just looking at the ride, you can tell it is well taken care of, I think they painted it, or at least cleaned it.

After that we hit the Log Ride, then on to the Scrambler and the Rock-o Plane-o, we got VERY long rides on both of these, which normalyy would be fun, but by the time both rides stopped, I was BEYOND ready to be off of them.

After that my wife took the kids to the kiddie area, and me and Becka went to ride the Rattler. We sat in the very back seat. I turned and told her that this was the 24th best coaster in the world, she looked at me and said, "this little thing, yeah right", I guess she hasn't been to Cliff's in like 10 years.

Up the lift hill, and over the drop, first air time moment. I had never ridden in the VERY back of the coaster, but man it is intense back there, we fly around the first helix, and experience two more great butt lifting airtime moments as we pass back under the main drop. I stopped counting, but every few seconds, we were thrown from our seats, some of the drops felt as if we would have been literally TROWN from our seats if we did not have any restraints.

Anyway the ride finishes, and my sister in law is in a daze.

"Most coasters give you a few seconds to at leat catch your breath, this one is non stop"

That was her assesment, she likes coasters, but needed a break, so we went back to the kiddie area. We ate dinner, and visited the miniture gift shop, where I got to touch the nerd scooper the Robb had touched in his visit here.

We rode the Galaxi again, and the Rattler, which I had to talk Becka into getting on again, she was really shaken, we rode in the back again, but one seat up, no change AWESOMELY INTENSE.

We ended the day with churro's and ice cream

I had a great time, even though the new rides were not operating. I can't wait to go back when they are

Chris

I filled up the attachments, I'll post some more later, thanks Chris

NerdScooper.jpg.b5da9f0319f7f256828dbbb35c11f42b.jpg

Here you go Robb, thought I'd bring back some memories, Nerd's by the pound

happyryan.jpg.2a01af442de22fed7da6452a906aa343.jpg

This is ryan right after the ride, he seems to happy

Shortleg.jpg.1060ad871c45b927829c33dd4b2495a3.jpg

As Ryan is riding the kiddie bumper cars I see this

What do you see?

1-A cool Guy

2- a poor soul with a flat ass and REALLY short legs

3- A pervert, and your glad the shot is from this side

Bumpercarsmickey.jpg.48c652f95f036d226900bf7f0db1e957.jpg

Here is my Daughter, showing everone that she has her mothers driving ability, she didn't really move more than six feet from this spot, she'll be fun to teach to drive

Rattlerdrop.jpg.49210397f998c8d38acebf64179860f6.jpg

This ride is fast and intense, tons of GREAT airtime

Rattlertop.jpg.b84c227434db56286f76af4ad1c4c06a.jpg

Looks like its time for the main event

DropTower.jpg.4921b33264097e5b9396148ee98c015c.jpg

They have a ways to go on the Drop tower, well the que line is done

FallingStar.jpg.cf19ae78ac3c44aff05efce8faffcf26.jpg

I was really looking foward to this one, oh well

MusicExpress.jpg.3afe84f345402ea9b44bc2768dd444ce.jpg

Well I guess you can say its the most finished, but still not working

NEWRIDES.jpg.7608a72ac4889fb1b0f81c2cd2949e6d.jpg

YES THE NEW RIDES, woohoo, alright.................oh crap

MeonMerrygoround.jpg.0400c8896b12c09081dd635c5561e66d.jpg

In reality this is THE ride I have been dreaming about all winter

Rattlerthroupalno.jpg.6d1e965ef033194da94216aeca262bde.jpg

Another pic of the Rattler, from the Pane-o

Rattlerthroughbars.jpg.201c8ddc7ec5c5036b70da4f4327bb07.jpg

A kinda cool pic through the Rock-o Plane-o cage

LogerideLeak.jpg.0c99de526c611ee75568f03ac2a128c5.jpg

The unfortunate consequences of letting someone a big as me ride the log ride, I broke it.

LogRide.jpg.2fad8fa98b785207fd99463edc225b54.jpg

As you can totally tell, this is me and my family on the log ride, can you see me?

walkingtoGalaxi.jpg.f5cb9e0daaba241eaa0b4bdcc5d2b059.jpg

Here we are working our way through the masses toward the Galaxi

Entrance.jpg.fcf6638f6d8e07a066a895375b39f302.jpg

We just arrived an found a SWARM of people. look you can see the Rattler from here

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want more pictures of that sexy CCI....man, why do almost all CCI's just LOOK good?

Especially with steel supports, but thats just me. I like the contrast the track makes as it highlights its curves and such against the steel backdrop.

Great TR, gotta love the New Mexico Rattler, I think pound for pound it is one of the most intense coasters out there, for only being 80' tall and only 2750' long it packs one hell of a mean punch, almost as well as Raven. At least you got to the park with no crowds, I went in 2003 on the second to last day of closing and man the wait for the front was like 50 minutes and the back was like 40 minutes. But it is good to know that Cliff's investment has paid off!

I love the leaking log flume!!! That's almost scary!

Actually, it was a small leak, and I'm sure it was there before I rode it, I think, I hope I didn't break it.

Those Ghetto folk really stood out at the park, and his pants were, well VERY low

I wish parks around here opened early, but they all open in May Crying or Very sad and Its still freakin snowing.. geeze.... Very nice pictures though

You can still see the snow on the mountains, and it snowed here just last week, but it was about 70 degrees while we were there

Awesome trip report. I really like all the pics. Are you going to make any more?

I want more pictures of that sexy CCI....man, why do almost all CCI's just LOOK good?

alright here's a few more

Rattler.jpg.8a5dee9ef5e46e712204ec360553ea81.jpg

This is a non-stop ride, with TONS of airtime

Singageatthepark.thumb.jpg.05e189e7457727c3d57ab255df4bdfdd.jpg

Wow, look park sinage, anyone who has been to this park knows if you just look around you can find anything, and why is kiddyland listed twice?

ScramblerSqueeze.jpg.490b1a62aecfc9ea0683733b7038509f.jpg

You can see how the rides are squeezed into the roller coaster

Well, looking again at the sign, you are correct, how could I have been so stupid, of course Cliff's has TWO kid area's, its just so big

here Elissa, your favorite Water Park

Watermonkey2.jpg.cd79bb534a3f5d47d0f750d020b4e241.jpg

Ahh, to bad its closed untill mid May

Watermonkey1.jpg.94a5ee137be9af6912738005db2e1df5.jpg

Elissa's favoritly named water park

Look I made up a word

I've never seen a coaster shoe-horned into a small park so beautifully. I absolutely love how steel-structured woodies look.

Shoehorned is the right word for it, whats even more amazing, is that not only did they design the ride to work around the paths and other rides, it is a totally awesome coaster, CCI is by far and away the best coaster designers EVER, now with most of them at The Gravity Group, it will be intresting to see if they have the same success.

EDIT: CCI is the best WOODEN coaster designers ever

NO no no...NMR is NOT a shoehorned coaster when compared to Cornball Express. Really now, NMR actually has room, goes out, turns around, comes back. Has the sweet turn around sections with the tunnels.

When MORE than half of the ride is suspended over picnic areas, water and the walking area + plus uses supports from another wooden coaster, THATS shoehorned.

http://www.real-coasters.com/tripreport/IB/cornball/cornball.html

But CCI has a knack (now GG) for taking whats really no space at all and putting in a stellar ride.

I have never been to Indiana Beach, but yeah I have seen pics of how cramed that coaster is into a VERY tight space.

I think it would be great, and Really put cliffs on the map if they could find a way to get one more great coaster, I'm sure the Gravity Group would be happy to cram one more CCI like creation into the park, to help put the Gravity Group on the map

Without a doubt Cornball gets the award of the most crammed of the two of them. Although I think technically NMR delivers a more intense ride all around, Cornball can deliver some mad airtime when it wants to but unfortunately when I rode it last year it didn't. It had been my #1 for 2 years straight but after last year Raven bitched slapped it......

Yea, if they crammed another one alongside NMR that would be sweet. The only thing was it would have to be made in a way that didnt take away from the beauty of whats there. Its a very good looking wooden coaster and its extremely photogenic.

I think they should consider the other side of the park, have it weave around the Log ride ala Cornball, and fly over the water monkey water park. They acually have a bit of space in that direction

Better yet, loose the Sea Serpent dragon pirate boat thing and put a Schwarzkopf coaster in its place, there are tons of them flying around, hell maybe they could talk SFMW out of Zonga, and return the loops how they were ment to be

True, Cornball is crammed in tight; but, that doesn't make it a fantastic coaster. While, the first drop is awesome and the next two hills are good, I think the helix is stupid, and the run home doesn't have enough bunny hops. IMO, it's an average coaster, at best. I'd rather be riding Lost Coaster.

-kip-

I wonder what happened to Cornball...

I rode it like opening week and I thought it was great! It was new, and cold outside but it had such great airtime, you can even see it in our video of it. Then when we went back in 03 I was very dissapointed. It wasn't any rougher but it seemed to have lost some of its intensity...anyone else notice this?

Elissa "and Hurricane was running better!" Alvey