TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

I bet this non profit group is just a cover for the former owners to buy the park again tax free this time.

I think the Westboro Baptist Church should buy the place, just so they can protest there everyday about how evil rock and roll is and why the failure of this park is yet another example of God punishing America for the presence of gay people.

And they can do it tax free!

Oh, darn it...you just gave them ideas!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22236717/no-deal-reached-for-purchase-of-freestyle-music-park

No deal reached for purchase of Freestyle Music Park

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – As of Monday, a local church group will not be the new owners of the vacant Freestyle Music Park. According to Christ United Methodist Church, Mother's Day was the deadline to buy the land.

Abiding Village, the church's non-profit group, says the group will still move forward with its plans to grow, even though for now, those plans will not include taking over the empty park next to them.

Three weeks ago, Abiding Village announced they were given the opportunity to buy Freestyle Music Park for $10 million. The group reported this was at a fraction of the property's actual $180 million value. According to Abiding Village, the park's owners only gave them until Mother's Day to come up with the money.

Abiding Village announced it would use the park's space to roll out its plans for expansion, which called for an arts and education center, and a business center.

As of Monday, the deal is a no go. The group reports it came out more than $9.8 million short. Leaders with Christ United say the opportunity in itself has given the church a boost.

"We are extremely thankful for the way that the vision for Abiding Village and the ministry that's already been there for the last five years and where its headed, the attention that has been drawn to that, has been priceless. So we're deeply grateful," said Christ United Pastor Jeff Dunn.

Dunn says as of Monday, the church cannot comment on current dealings with the owners of Freestyle Music Park. Dunn could only confirm the possible $10 million deal to buy the vacant park fell through.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News.All rights reserved.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/22236717/no-deal-reached-for-purchase-of-freestyle-music-park

No deal reached for purchase of Freestyle Music Park

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – As of Monday, a local church group will not be the new owners of the vacant Freestyle Music Park. According to Christ United Methodist Church, Mother's Day was the deadline to buy the land.

Abiding Village, the church's non-profit group, says the group will still move forward with its plans to grow, even though for now, those plans will not include taking over the empty park next to them.

Three weeks ago, Abiding Village announced they were given the opportunity to buy Freestyle Music Park for $10 million. The group reported this was at a fraction of the property's actual $180 million value. According to Abiding Village, the park's owners only gave them until Mother's Day to come up with the money.

Abiding Village announced it would use the park's space to roll out its plans for expansion, which called for an arts and education center, and a business center.

As of Monday, the deal is a no go. The group reports it came out more than $9.8 million short. Leaders with Christ United say the opportunity in itself has given the church a boost.

"We are extremely thankful for the way that the vision for Abiding Village and the ministry that's already been there for the last five years and where its headed, the attention that has been drawn to that, has been priceless. So we're deeply grateful," said Christ United Pastor Jeff Dunn.

Dunn says as of Monday, the church cannot comment on current dealings with the owners of Freestyle Music Park. Dunn could only confirm the possible $10 million deal to buy the vacant park fell through.

Copyright 2013 WMBF News.All rights reserved.

So if God told her this would happen, does this mean that God lied to her? Perhaps she misinterpreted what God told her? Perhaps God misinterpreted the time crunch. Perhaps she should have put her faith in Kickstarter instead of God?

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:

....so they earned $200,000 toward a 10 Million goal? LOL, that's falling quite short!

Oh well, I'm sure that will buy a lot of hot dogs and s'mores for that extreme campfire that won't happen.

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!"

No one should be surprised by the outcome of this insane thought... I'm really just hoping at this point that Maximum R.P.M. gets a new home (and the extended track layout that was planned for an eventual upgrade for Hard Rock Park). That is the one ride that actually took me by surprise during my visit to the park... Everything else was just ok.

I still say their best attraction was Nights in White Satin: The Trip. The coasters were just "meh," although Maximum RPM's "Ferris wheel" lift was interesting.

Maybe if the timing works out and they get a huge boost in attendance/profit from the two new coasters, they will be able to. My only non-launched Premier coaster was Runaway Mountain at SFOT and that actually has a little bit of a kick to it, so I would be all for having one in Orlando.

Edited by ernierocker

cfc wrote concerning the Nights in White Satin dark ride - Maybe Fun Spot will take it.

That will be great if they took it; a dark ride would do wonders for Fun Spot. Unfortunately, the ride wouldn't be themed after the Moody Blues due to licensing cost. What I do like to see them do is make it a magical ride with illusions that would blow your mind and senses. Something that will make Walt Disney World say - "Why didn't we think of that?"

One can always dream.

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!"

^ Not only that, but the rights to the re-recorded music scored for the ride were lost to someone when HRP went bankrupt.

So we'll never be able to hear the full music track legally ever again. I'm not quite sure of the legalities of it, but legally SallyCorp cannot release it, beyond the partial use in their promotional video.

So if God told her this would happen, does this mean that God lied to her? Perhaps she misinterpreted what God told her? Perhaps God misinterpreted the time crunch. Perhaps she should have put her faith in Kickstarter instead of God?

Maybe God just really likes coasters and no-one knew...

If you'd believe it, the company that controls the rights to all of the intellectual property created for Hard Rock Park (not the licensed attractions like Led Zeppelin or Moody Blues) is still operating today with the hope of selling their concepts to outside entities for integration into other parks.

http://www.hrpusa.com/

I got to ride RPM ( and the rest of the coasters) right before the park closed and I will say that RPM was definitely one of the most interesting Premeirs out there. The Ferris wheel lift was a little unnerving though. I hope they relocate it too just because it is the only one of its kind in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if any park chains are interested in buying the property?

Six Flags could maybe add in a Batman clone and a few flats and get this park running again.

I hope Led Zeppelin and Maximum RPM get relocated at the least. SFSTL could really use them.