Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:33 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/disney-festival-of-fantasy-parade-coming-to-magic-kingdom-park-in-2014/

For many guests, a visit to a Disney Park wouldn’t be complete without catching a parade. Whether it’s the thrill of seeing which Disney character comes up next, or that moment when your favorite character waves right at you, there’s just something magical about a Disney parade.

fla174646SMALL.jpg

Today, we’re happy to share that a new procession, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, will march into Magic Kingdom Park in spring 2014.

pan294848LARGE.jpg

The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will bring a celebration of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative new parade floats, vibrant costumes, and an original soundtrack that will feature beloved songs from favorite Disney films, plus a parade theme song.

tan375736LARGE.jpg

This parade will specifically highlight the stories of “The Little Mermaid,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Dumbo,” “Pinocchio,” “Peter Pan,” “Tangled” and the Disney●Pixar film “Brave” among others. (Check out a sneak peek of the “Tangled”-themed float above).

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future coverage of the development of this new parade.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/imagineers-offer-a-sneak-peek-inside-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-princess-fairytale-hall-at-new-fantasyland/

Who’s ready for an update on the remaining construction in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park?

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a new video with us that offers up a look inside the two attractions in New Fantasyland that are still yet to debut: Princess Fairytale Hall and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

pfh176325SMALL.jpg

Princess Fairytale Hall, which will open later this year, will be the ultimate destination in which to greet Disney royalty. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a family coaster that is set to open in 2014, will take Magic Kingdom Park guests on a musical journey through the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The attraction will offer an innovative ride system with a train of vehicles that respond to every twist and turn, plus appearances by animated figures from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” and music from this classic Disney film.

In this video, Imagineers Jason Grandt, Pam Rawlins, and Dave Minichiello take you behind the scenes for an update.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/attend-monsters-university-at-disney-parks-this-summer/

Also at Disney California Adventure park, Mike and Sulley show their MU spirit as they lead daily performances of the Pixar Play Parade, and at Magic Kingdom Park, you’ll chuckle along with the gang at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, where they’ve been studying new jokes and are ready to graduate to new comedic bits in honor of their alma mater.

It may be summer vacation, but Monsters University will be in session all season at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! The fun starts on May 24th!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:46 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 am

Here is our full trip report from Walt Disney World's MONSTROUS SUMMER media event! Check it out...
http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=116&linkid=12974
wdw_monstrous_summer_01.jpg

and POST YOUR COMMENTS HERE!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 am

Wow! Disney really knows how to do an event even if it is not a huge ride announcement they sure roll out the red carpet and make it exciting! And now I'm hungry from looking at all the food photos.

Ps - I need to get that Maleficent Shoe Ornament!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Hotlanta » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:55 am

The snow white coaster seems very exciting, looks like we are in for some very good thrills.

Loving the update to the Magic. Nice to see that they are bringing it on par with the rest of the ships. The AquaDunk looks aquaawesome :b

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 am

Awesome update! Glad that I am a pass holder this year!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 pm

The food, the food! >drools<
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Anyone know if they are going to do that cool projection effect regularly or if it is just a one time thing?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 am

x2isawesome wrote:Anyone know if they are going to do that cool projection effect regularly or if it is just a one time thing?

I don't really know how projecting Mike and Sulley onto SSE on a regular basis fits into the Epcot theme (which I suppose has become rather muddled in the last 15 years), but I'd love to see the ball integrated more into the next iteration of Illuminations, whenever that happens.
Snoochie Boochie

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby wados » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:18 am

Great update - been 4 years since ive been to WDW and will be there in 14 days cant wait to do it all again

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:21 am

What is this? Khalua Flambe caramel donuts? OMG!

I want one of these right now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!