TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Hey everybody, long time lurker, first time poster.

Kings Island is my home park now. Been going to Cedar Point since 1985. Since I moved to Indy I wanted a closer park to call home and i'm happy that Kings Island is that place.

I will be at the park a bunch this summer, at least once a week. I will be starting this adventure on May 3rd. I was thinking about going this Saturday but it looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate. If anyone is going to be there on Friday the 3rd I would love to meet up with some TPR peeps. I will be with a friend from college that hasn't been there in 10 years.

Thanks everyone.

Are this year's "Education Days" the KI version of other parks' physics day? Have they been spreading it out like this in previous years? I would suppose that this would level out the crowds a little better than having just one day or weekend for such events. I have heard that some parks can be inordinately busy on their physics day.

The thing is that no one under 35 remembers ever seeing anything Brady, it just seems to me to be a really long reach to get people at the park.

I remember watching the Brady Bunch as a kid. It was one of my favorite shows. I still see it when I am at my parents house (I don't have a television) on the retro channels... and I'm only 19...

I might go on Sunday if I don't work to get my pass processed and ride Diamondback.

PS For those who don't know, KI has webcams, and I generally check them before I go to make sure there's not a random crowd.

You won't get in on Sunday.

They are closed for a private party.

FTFY? Pardon my age, but I don't understand this text speak. "F^@k that, & F^@k you," is all I can come up with.

"Fixed That For You"

This term is used when a user quotes another user, but then re-edits the original quote to make changes. Typically this is used to change the quote in an humorous fashion, However, corrections to make the quote factually correct or to express a different opinion are common as well. In general FTFY is used as a marker to say “I quoted you but changed something within your quote.”

Where TPR uses the term "Fixed", larger forums like Reddit use "FTFY".

Bahahah. We better not be. I'm not opposed to a sit down B&M but I don't see it fitting in with the terrain and such; I'm still sticking to my sources and saying we're getting a Leviathon-style coaster. Glad to see there's already a decent amount of progress being done already!