TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walygator Parc Discussion Thread

^I think you are counting tour chickens.

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would considering what it was like in 08. The park definitely has some upkeep issues but it also looks like the report went searching for some of he stuff (like behind buildings etc.)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Lots of rumors in France that the park is bankrupt.

As a result, the park is virtually empty these days.

There's now a message on the Walygator website reassuring visitors that the park is open and will remain open until the end of the season.

À nos très estimés visiteurs,

Contrairement aux rumeurs qui circulent, Waly vous confirme que son parc sera OUVERT jusqu'au 1er novembre 2012 (selon calendrier d'ouverture). Il ré-ouvrira ses portes en avril 2013 pour une nouvelle saison pleine de nouveautés.

http://www.walygatorparc.com/

(also, can a mod rename this thread "Walygator Discussion Thread" ?)

• 4 months later...
I actually thought the park was a lot better this year than my last visit in 2008. Hopefully someone will come along that can take over the operations.

Yeah, I mean, Monster wasn't braked at all, ran awesome, and Anaconda didn't totally beat the crap out of you like it used to!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will pass on the lawsuit drama, court of appeal and so on, since to cut a story short, the new team is staying at the head of the park, have bought the remaining travelling fair rides, the only exception being the Ferris Wheel (already dismatled and has left the park) The team is now 3 people (previously four but one has finally withdrawn), they are finally keeping the old name but have already shown the redesigned character (waly) and park logo. the most important news today (and it seems to come from the communication staff of the park, and was stated on their Facebook page) ANACONDA IS UNDERGOING A FULL RETRACKING BY GCI next year. If the new team keeps half of their promises, I'll really be happy. Stay tuned !

After a quick look at a pov Anaconda looks like crap and it seems to me it would be a waste of money to re-track it.

Either hire RMC to raise the lift hill and change the rest of the layout Six flags style or leave it as it is.

It probably looks like crap because it is an old Cobb coaster with those Morgan trains. If the retracking gives the ride more speed and makes it smoother, it could very well be a decent ride.

After a quick look at a pov Anaconda looks like crap and it seems to me it would be a waste of money to re-track it.

Either hire RMC to raise the lift hill and change the rest of the layout Six flags style or leave it as it is.

I agree with this. Just looking at Anaconda I can already tell it's a very boring ride, basically the French equivalent of CGA's Grizzly (different layout, but very bland just like Grizzly). IMO, what would make the ride better would not only be a full retracking but a reprofile. That long return run could be made much more fun by replacing the long boring hills with smaller airtime hills, double ups, double downs, triple ups, triple downs, anything that would make the ride more action packed.

I have ridden the now heavily retracked Grizzly several times, and while it doesn't beat me up like it used to, it's still a very boring ride. Grizzly is still a turd even after being heavily retracked over the past few years...a smooth turd, but still a turd. If Anaconda gets fully retracked without any changes to its layout, it will become a perfect substitute for any sleeping pill.

I guess it's a multi phase project. Latest news: trackwork is starting on May 6th, for a duration of 3 weeks. (They probably hope to have it running for reopening in June) The S&S Spaceshot will reopen too (works on it start on Monday), and the topple tower (also sbno for a while) is testing today ! At least, it seems they're trying to move on with the park. Wait and see...

Not every roller coaster can be "saved" by hiring Rocky Mountain Construction to re-profile it.

Yes, well one hopes any work on Anaconda, can be a great

improvement over what it's been like, these past years.

OnRide07_Anaconda_WalygatorParc.jpg.a7bba26988fde1a52760acac273c0acb.jpg

Sorta says it all, at the time, hmm? (2008 TPR Tour)

• 8 months later...

This is a heck of a leap forward in time, but I didn't find one of those

threads devoted to this specific park, etc. So....

(and I would appreciate it if this was combined with the actual

thread, if there is one. I tried looking, I really did.)

Ran across these photos on the web, through Screamscape.

I am curious too, what's coming up, in WalyGator.

I have this 'feeling' that, Anaconda-aside, things seem to

be changing, for the better, for the park. Oui? No?

1016187_233952523426918_1124640885_n.thumb.jpg.36981905970e320f3d610576448e60b3.jpg

Nice poster, but of....?

1016187_233952523426918_1124640885_o.jpg.39f8791d6bd1407f4efe88ae9f281c20.jpg

I could guess. But I really am not sure. Could be one thing. Or another. Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...