TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Yeah, after reading a couple of reviews/articles about this film today, I really want to see this. I doubt it will get any official distribution, though, as the legal hurdles are just too many to overcome. I suspect this will end up as one of the most traded films out there at some point.

dt

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/a-pirates-adventure-treasures-of-the-seven-seas-to-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-this-spring/

Pirates, ahoy!

We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. (And check out this great artist rendering that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us!)

In A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies like the Royal Navy and Captain Barbossa, among others. If guests help Captain Jack succeed in all the missions, they’ll be welcomed as part of his new crew. If not, they’ll face the wrath of the cruel sea – alone.

poc102938SMALL.jpg.17d9de788af4f0d37d2f05bc019071b3.jpg

Sounds really cool! Can't wait to see how the fanboys say this will ruin adventureland!

Anyone know if this runs more like the sorcerer's card game, or like Phineas and Ferb? I've never tried the sorcerer's game because the line was always way too long and having to collect a bunch of cards is not my thing, but I really like the Phineas and Ferb game.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks pretty fun. Anything that makes the line seem faster is fine by me!

With all these little to big improvements going on around all the parks, I just don't understand the need for people to post their "grievances."

Seriously, I don't think the WDW parks have ever looked better!

The people on a certain wdw fan site were making the BTMRR additions seem like the worst thing ever but damn that is super cool and it really seems that with each next-gen line addition the overall implementation is getting better and better. What I really like is that it is more like the features in the line for the Indiana Jones ride than say Soarin. When I visit this summer I will definitely want to wait in stand-by for BTMRR. I also hope some of the older interactive line features are revisited because this newer stuff is so much cooler.

I don't see how anyone can complain about improving the Big Thunder queue. I think it looks great after watching the video on the previous page.

Then again, some people just enjoy griping.

Didn't Universal Studios Japan do something like this with their spinning coaster?

I'm glad to see that more parks are catching on to this.

Interactive queue elements have been around for awhile (think Indiana Jones and the rope in the well/shaking the bamboo, or the Revenge of the Mummy rides having some gags as well), but Disney is just now taking it to the next level. Very cool stuff!

• 1 month later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/get-a-sneak-peek-at-pirates-of-the-caribbean-treasures-of-the-seven-seas/

Are you ready to experience a whole new pirate adventure?

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a sneak peek at the new interactive quest, A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, which will debut at Magic Kingdom Park this summer.

In the game, the fate of piracy in the Caribbean rests in the hands of new pirate recruits, who, armed with magic talismans and treasure maps, embark on five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland to collect valuable treasures, while Captain Jack Sparrow’s magic compass guides them.

Here, Imagineers Jonathan Ackley and Matt Beiler offer up a look at a few of the quest’s cool special effects.

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will be included with Magic Kingdom Park admission and is open to guests of all ages.

Now, which of you are ready to join the ranks of a new recruit?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

• 2 weeks later...

I love Disney and all the little details they put in their queues especially while queuing for BTMR so an addition to these queues is a good thing in my opinion.

On my last visit I only saw the upgrades to Winnie the Pooh and Space Mountain and thought they were brilliant. Bring on the next upgrades Disney.