TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

For some reason that photo looks like it was taken in the 70's.

Poor dino.

I feel like that poor dinosaur is a victim of Instagram. Low quality, 70s-style filter, 3:4 aspect ratio...

For some reason that photo looks like it was taken in the 70's.

Poor dino.

I feel like that poor dinosaur is a victim of Instagram. Low quality, 70s-style filter, 3:4 aspect ratio...

Instagram is a victim of Instagram. Low quality, 70s-style filter, 3:4 aspect ratio...

It's not even 3:4 either. It's almost square.

I do hope that they get the dinosaur up and working again though. Hey, Expedition Everest, how's it going?

^I disagree as the show is continuously being shown somewhere. If anyone gets ME-TV (here in Cleveland it's Channel 19-2) they show two hours of Brady Bunch reruns every Sunday from 11 AM to 1PM. The sad thing is that every time I see the Kings Island episode I always wish to go back to that time and visit the park in its infancy.

It would be different if it was the Partridge Family, who also did an episode at the park around the same time.

Well actually, I am 15 and not only know what the Brady Bunch is but thoroughly enjoy watching re-runs. My family watched them all the time as we grew up. Also, I know that there are a couple of my friends (high-school aged) that like the Brady Bunch. So, I don't know about you, but to me that more than confirms the fact there are people under 35 who have seen the Brady Bunch.

Looks like FUN Perks will not be returning for 2013.

"Dear Valued Customer,

We hope you are looking forward to all of the fun and excitement that is in store for the 2013 season at Kings Island. Opening day is just one week away - Saturday, April 27!

As we prepare for the 2013 season, we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our guests and provide more value, especially for our most loyal guests - our season passholders.

One such way was the FUN Perks program introduced last year. We were pleased with the participation, but after a lengthy and thorough evaluation of the program, we are working on other ways to provide more value for our season passholders in the upcoming season.

As a thank you for your participation and support, please click here for an exclusive coupon that allows you to bring a friend to Kings Island during any public operating day thru May 27 for just $9.99 or from May 28 through September 2 for just $19.99. You must present your 2013 season pass along with the coupon to receive this exclusive offer.

We look forward to seeing you at the park this summer!

Sincerely,

Greg Scheid

Vice President & General Manager

Kings Island"

The show is a classic and the park is not just trying to please younger people. They want people in there 40s and 50s to bring their entire family to the park. The PR department isn't always going for the young crowd when doing promotions or special guests. The bonus is that since the show is such a classic there are many young people that know the show. I think it is a great idea.

Looks like the dino in front of the park has fallen over due to high winds in the area.

Stuff out in front of the parking lot has no luck apparently. The original marquee sign got knocked down in a wind storm ten years ago in 2003.

Looks like the dino in front of the park has fallen over due to high winds in the area.

Stuff out in front of the parking lot has no luck apparently. The original marquee sign got knocked down in a wind storm ten years ago in 2003.

This is what happens when you have Dinosaurs in captivity... call PETA lmao