TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

In terms of Gatekeeper being the focal point of the entrance I would definitely say it's more memorable than the entrance areas of many of those parks. They may have more theming and detail, but CP has a monstrous roller coaster navigating a zero G roll through two stark white towers.

Now, Cedar Point probably has the best entrance to any theme park. Something like this would also be nice to see at other parks.

I don't even think they have the best Cedar Fair entrance... Carowinds, Valleyfair, and maybe even Knotts' entrances are all more interesting looking.

I think I'll skip the POV and wait to experience this in person. Some of the leg-choppers really got me on Wild Eagle, so I'm sure the key hole element will be really frightening on the ride haha. Hopefully I'll get to Cedar Point this year!

Now, Cedar Point probably has the best entrance to any theme park. Something like this would also be nice to see at other parks.

I don't even think they have the best Cedar Fair entrance... Carowinds, Valleyfair, and maybe even Knotts' entrances are all more interesting looking.

Something tells me they might be able to have a dirty Carnival poop toilet as a ticket booth/entrance & it really wouldn't matter this year.

Do you really think that people aren't going to be constantly ignoring the entrance sign (& line progress) while looking up at the keyhole waiting for the next coaster to come flying through whilst tripping over one another whilst trying to update their Facebook status on their Smartphones?

I would say that's going to be the case for at least the next couple of years - before they remove the keyholes because they're crumbling, unpainted & unsafe because CP is sinking & they used cheap concrete & poor engineering to build them and the fact that they're not connected and the station is not themed enough and the front entrance looks too much like Leviathon because it's going to be a slow and meandering coaster without airtime like the one at Dollywood with sh&tty restraints which have too many trims and has a boring layout and wish that they would have kept family rides like Disaster Transport and Space Spiral which were never very good because they weren't Intamin and they wanted too much money for locker.

And damn it....

Windseeker is STILL down...is it safe?

CP has way too many trash cans, there are not enough trees, parking is too expensive, hotels suck, food sucks and is over-priced, Mean Streak needs an RMT, STR & Maverick have PMS, Magnum is bi-polar, TTD is a one-trick pony, Corkscrew & Iron Draggin are near death, there certainly aren't enough shows, there aren't enough dark rides, it just has to be in (guhhh) Ohio, and finally...are lines going to be long at 13:27:52 PM on June 3rd and will I need to buy one of those over-priced Fast Pass thingies?

Something tells me they might be able to have a dirty Carnival poop toilet as a ticket booth/entrance & it really wouldn't matter this year.

Do you really think that people aren't going to be constantly ignoring the entrance sign (& line progress) while looking up at the keyhole waiting for the next coaster to come flying through whilst tripping over one another whilst trying to update their Facebook status on their Smartphones?

I would say that's going to be the case for at least the next couple of years - before they remove the keyholes because they're crumbling, unpainted & unsafe because CP is sinking & they used cheap concrete & poor engineering to build them and the fact that they're not connected and the station is not themed enough and the front entrance looks too much like Leviathon because it's going to be a slow and meandering coaster without airtime like the one at Dollywood with sh&tty restraints which have too many trims and has a boring layout and wish that they would have kept family rides like Disaster Transport and Space Spiral which were never very good because they weren't Intamin and they wanted too much money for fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

And damn it....

Windseeker is STILL down...is it safe?

CP has way too many trash cans, there are not enough trees, parking is too expensive, hotels suck, food sucks and is over-priced, Mean Streak needs an RMT, STR & Maverick have PMS, Magnum is bi-polar, TTD is a one-trick pony, Corkscrew & Iron Draggin are near death, there certainly aren't enough shows, there aren't enough dark rides, it just has to be in (guhhh) Ohio, and finally...are lines going to be long at 13:27:52 PM on June 3rd and will I need to buy one of those over-priced Fast Pass thingies?

ROTFL...About sums the next couple seasons up!!!

Hmm.... negative much?

^^Was that supposed to be a shot at me?

LOL! Some of you people take my posts waaaay to seriously!

I figured I was safe with the winkers (and the disclaimer that is at the bottom of the webpage), but I guess not.

I was simply having fun with all of the comments and observations that have been mentioned about CP in the last few years - especially the one's where someone can always find something Debbie Downer-like to say about a parks new attraction or it's theming.

It's all about having some laughs, so thanks to the one's that "got it". Sorry if I offended anyone!

Disaster Transport and Space Spiral which were never very good because they weren't Intamin

But Disaster Transport was a Intamin!

Disaster Transport was an Inatmin that was a *snorts* disaster. I've really wished that Cedar Point had kept it outside as "Avalanche Run" or took better care of the ride and the building that it was in instead of letting it and Space Spiral go to Hell and get all "ghetto"!

Anybody have any theories on why this was posted about the POV on Facebook?

"This. The full POV drops on May 6. For a reason. More to come. "

I wonder if they have some additional effects being added... Such as fire, lighting, water, fog, etc... Can't think why they would hold out another few weeks for a POV. I guess we shall wait and see.

I wonder if they have some additional effects being added... Fire, lighting, water, fog, etc... Can't think why they would hold out another few weeks for a POV. I guess we shall wait and see.

Duhh, they are clearly going to turn the trains backwards, add a ring of fire, add a YOLO death jump, and then explode the ride at the end of the POV. Did i go too hard?

I think it will be a couple of touch up additions to the ride and surrounding environment like mentioned above, hoping for some fire!

I wonder if they have some additional effects being added... Fire, lighting, water, fog, etc... Can't think why they would hold out another few weeks for a POV. I guess we shall wait and see.

Duhh, they are clearly going to turn the trains backwards, add a ring of fire, add a YOLO death jump, and then explode the ride at the end of the POV. Did i go too hard?

I think it will be a couple of touch up additions to the ride and surrounding environment like mentioned above, hoping for some fire!

I think fog might be more likely that fire but Cedar Point could surprise us.

I'm new to the forum so I'll just start by posting here.

I simply cannot wait until Cedar Point opens this year - a few kids in my class are going opening weekend, which makes me so jealous of them. Then again, they are also going when it'll be super busy.

The park's gonna be really busy for a long while afterward, probably for the whole season. I hope I get a chance to ride the Maverick since I didn't get a chance to do so last year. I'm trying to get over my fear of 'the drop' in roller coasters - I'm not a big fan of airtime. The Raptor made me sick to my stomach, and the Mantis just gave me a huge headache. Definitely avoiding that one this time around.

As for the POV, can't wait until it's revealed; I am curious to know if Gatekeeper will break down during opening day; it might once or twice, who knows.