Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby OrthoMan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:44 pm

PKI JizzMan wrote:
JRHcoasterki wrote:This is very random but the park just posted a video of Diamondback testing on their FB page, and I noticed something. You know how last season there was a fairly loud sort of back and forth clicky sound from the trains rattling when they ran through the course? Well, I noticed in the video they posted that the trains aren't making that noise. I know someone posted a while back that KI was replacing the wheel bogeys over the off-season because with the weird train design they get worn out easily. Anyway, sorry for the random ranty post, but I'm happy that hopefully there won't be as much of a rattle this season!

Well, there wasn't any sort of rattle at the bottom of the first drop, the rattle is the problem at the bottom of the third and turn around. I don't think we can really answer the question until we ride it this year!

There was a definitely a prominent "rattle" sound that could be heard (from off-ride) when the train reached the bottom of the first drop last year. Hopefully this video is a good sign!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Kings Island has sent us a press release about their latest, record breaking addition to Dinosaurs Alive!, this time in the form of the world's largest animatronic dinosaur!

One of the largest creatures to ever lumber the earth is set to storm Kings Island this spring, in all its roaring glory with the arrival of a life-size Sauroposeidon, the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur.

Even the tallest guests at Dinosaurs Alive! may feel a little small standing next to Sauroposeidon. The length of three school buses and the height of a six-story building, this dinosaur showcases just how gigantic some sauropods really were. Known as the Earth Quake Lizard, this North American dinosaur was unearthed in the United States and rivals South American sauropods for the title of largest in the world. Estimated to be between 112 to 118 feet long and 56 feet tall, Sauroposeidon is said to have weighed 50 to 60 tons, eight times the size of an African elephant.

The extraordinary size of the Sauroposeidon has made crafting, transporting and building the animatronic dinosaur a creative challenge. Designed and handcrafted exclusively for Kings Island by an expert team of exhibition designers and builders, the dinosaur arrived at Kings Island Monday in four shipping containers and will take a crew of 12 people two weeks to set up.

Also new this season is an area within Dinosaurs Alive! where guests will find a pack of Albertosaurus, a scene that explores the idea that carnivorous theropods may have been social creatures. Based on evidence gathered at the Albertosaurus Dry Island bonebed in Alberta, Canada, paleontologists believe these dinosaurs may have hunted in packs of all ages.

Entering its third season at Kings Island, Dinosaurs Alive! features more than 65 life-size, moving, roaring dinosaurs and allows guests to literally step back in time to the beginning of the “Age of the Dinosaurs” and encounter the beasts that dominated the planet for over 180 million years in the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park.

Dinosaurs Alive! is not included with park admission to Kings Island. A separate $5 ticket is required to experience this awe-inspiring attraction.

Kings Island and Dinosaurs Alive! open for the 2013 season April 27.
Dinosaurs Alive!.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Postby Voxelmatic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ToTheMax012 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:18 pm

jp alan.gif
JP

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Coaster Curt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 pm

I would really consider paying 5 bucks just to see that monstrosity, but then again it is so big you can probably see from almost anywhere in the park.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby bonsaiisuperstar » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:00 am

They sure do have a thing for those Dinosaurs at Kings Island. I NEVER see people paying to see it. I did once see a corporate group going together and a few random little kids. I just don't see how it makes any money. Maybe it just me. /shrug

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 am

I think for 5 bucks I would do it once.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 pm

I think maybe for little kids it is neat, but for an older person, i think it has no popularity. Maybe I'm wrong, but when i went to KD last year, there was nobody in it
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

I think it must be making Cedar Fair money because they decided to put another D-Alive in Carowinds. At least KI is in the woods and not in an open field like Carowinds. I got a good view of theirs while waiting in line for Afterburn. Now I don't have to spend 5 to see it. At KI I usually see a trickle of people going back there while I am riding Racer.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 am

I think all the money CF is putting out to install DA attractions at thier parks could be put to better use in other areas of the parks, but thats just me. I dont see them being all that popular, especially as an upcharge attraction.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!