TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Tony, thanks for the video. Is there any way the workers can fill in the gaps? They ruin the WHOLE coaster. Thanks.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Ha! Can I at least formally request that The Gap Band be played on a loop in the station then?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

After watching the video a couple of times I get the impression that the train goes through the zero-g-roll a bit faster than most other wingriders. And, in theory, this isn't full speed. I hope that means ride will be great

At 1:12 in the video. You're planting TREES?? Say it ain't so, Cedar Point! You should have nothing but concrete!

But seriously, though. It's great news to hear that the park is doing some landscaping in the new area. Hopefully this means they may rip out some concrete elsewhere in the park to put in more trees. It would help Cedar Point be nicer and a little less hot in the summer.

It's so great to see GateKeeper run! It'll only get faster as testing progresses!

Man I can barely wait till that first week of May when I get to ride Gatekeeper.

Yup. I can't make media day, or opening day but I can at least make opening weekend!

Never done a wing rider, no idea if it has any real different feel to it but at least this the biggest and fastest one so far.

Man I can barely wait till that first week of May when I get to ride Gatekeeper.

Yup. I can't make media day, or opening day but I can at least make opening weekend!

Never done a wing rider, no idea if it has any real different feel to it but at least this the biggest and fastest one so far.

COMPLETELY different feeling than a regular B&M.

^With that said, we don't condone those kind of reposted videos either, so I've gone ahead and removed the link.

In more positive news, Cedar Point has sent us a press release announcing their First Ride Auction for GateKeeper, benefiting the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital and United Way of Erie County.

Cedar Point amusement park/resort is known for generating screams among thrill seekers, but it also generates tens of thousands of dollars for charities each year.

For the 2013 season, the park is pleased to announce several exciting opportunities for guests to help a great cause while having their best day ever!

FIRST RIDE AUCTION

The addition of a new wing roller coaster, GateKeeper, gives Cedar Point a unique way to raise money for two outstanding organizations! The park is partnering with Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital and United Way of Erie County, each of which have 32 seats available to bidders. Those who place the top bids will secure their seats for the first official ride on GateKeeper on Cedar Point’s Opening Day, May 11.

In exchange for their donations, the top 32 winning bidders will also receive complimentary admission and early entry to Cedar Point, breakfast and special souvenirs, including a T-shirt, medallion and on-ride photo. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to take flight on GateKeeper, Cedar Point’s 16th roller coaster, while helping local residents and children.

Bidding starts today, April 10, 2013, and will be open until 9 p.m. Monday, May 6, 2013.

To place a bid for Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, click here: http://www.cedarpoint.com/carouselsforkids.

To place a bid for United Way, click here: http://www.uwerieco.org

CAROUSELS FOR KIDS

As part of an ongoing partnership, Cedar Point and Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital have announced plans for the first-ever Carousels for Kids fundraiser, a program designed to help the hospital’s patients experience childhood joy again. There are several ways to get involved:

Beginning in May, participants can purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win a brand new car from Tim Lally Chevrolet. The car will be displayed inside the park. Tickets are just $5, and proceeds help researchers achieve breakthroughs in pediatric diseases and treatments.

Throughout the month of July, Cedar Point’s guests can show their support just by taking a spin on any of Cedar Point’s three carousels! The park will donate 10 cents for every rider on the Midway Carousel, Kiddy Kingdom Carousel and Cedar Downs Racing Derby on the Main Midway.

“Our ultimate goal is to return kids to fun, and Cedar Point is the ideal partner because fun is their foundation,” said Giovanni Piedimonte, M.D., chairman of the Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Institute and Children’s Hospital. “This campaign allows every single person the chance to help our patients and have fun in the process.”

Cedar Point’s vice president and general manager John Hildebrandt said the park is proud to be part of the first ride auctions and Carousels for Kids as part of an ongoing initiative to give back to the community in a multitude of ways.

“The teams here at Cedar Point, the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital and United Way of Erie County share many of the same values and are family-focused, so it just made perfect sense for our three organizations to come together to help those who need it the most,” he said.

Learn more about Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, its patients and initiatives by visiting www.cedarpoint.com/carouselsforkids.

Cedar Point will open for its 144th season on May 11, 2013, with its new wing roller coaster, GateKeeper.