TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just checked the Splash Adventure website and saw that they are advertising a "New Sea Lion Show" for the 2013 season: http://www.splashadventurewaterpark.com/

I wonder ig there local animal rights protesters will be at the main gate with thei signs when the park opens this seeason?

It is a shame there are no new water ride additions.

A new slide, or water ride, would be a better addition than a sea lion show!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw this announcement:

Splash Adventure Announces Plans for a New Trampoline Park in 2014

A new indoor trampoline park will be added to the attractions at Splash Adventure in 2014. It will be located at the Main Street entrance. This news comes on the heels of the Waterpark's recent announcement that its new Sea Lion Splash Show is slated to open during the 2013 summer season.

The new indoor trampoline park will be designed to exhilarate everyone with adrenalin-pumping, gravity-defying fun and games. Plans call for a main, freestyle-trampoline court, basketball slam-dunk court, foam pit, and a dodge ball court. It's envisioned to be the ultimate venue for birthday parties, corporate events, church groups, team building outings, and fitness training.

Splash Adventure Waterpark is located just minutes from Birmingham and Hoover where 20/59 and 459 meet.

I am not thrilled with this news.

I think that the water park needs more water rides not a trampoline park!

^^From screamscape:

India - (4/10/13) The latest update on the Zoomerang coaster heading to India is that it will actually be going to a park called “Wonder La”. According to RCDB, there are currently two Wonder La parks in India, one in Ernakulum and one in Bangalore. No one seems sure which of the two parks will get the new coaster.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^But that park had all of its infrastructure functional and maintained. The old infrastructure from the ride's side of Alabama Adventure has been pretty much removed. It'd take a lot of investment to bring that side of the park back up to speed.