TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

The Premier coaster is a fun little ride, too. Led Zeppelin/Time Machine has a great drop and is smooth through the cobra roll, but then becomes a forceless, rattly disappointment. I just hope the decision is made one way or another in the next 6 months or so. Sell the rides before they are no longer usable.

As big of a pain in the A$$ as that ferris wheel coaster was to put together and operate, I wouldn't want it. I'm sure someone like VF or MA would like to have the beemer, they need it.

That's the only feature that makes it stand out, though; otherwise, it's a pretty standard family coaster (not bad, just not all that interesting).

Sell the rides before they are no longer usable.

They will be usable for a long time, it doesn't go as fast as one would think for a ride to get unusable .Sure you might need a few parts swap out and so after a few years, but they will certainly be usable.

Besides, the park still has one employe who is there to run the rides and maintain them every now and then, so they will not rust away.

• 5 months later...

I hate to bump this thread, but I was emptying out my emails today and I came across an email I sent to SallyCorp regarding Nights in White Satin.

I was inquiring about the music track for the ride, a re-recorded version of the song performed by Moody Blues. The answer I got regarding the status of the song was quite perplexing.

As far as the music track for the ride you are correct that it is not for sale any where and I do not imagine it will ever be for sale. As I oversaw the installation from the park side I know that the track was a special designed track done in studio by the park and Moody Blues and is owned by the park and there for it will never be made into an album.

Rather bizarre. Anyone have any idea who exactly picked up the rights to the song when the park went Bankrupt?

Here's a video of the ride with the soundtracked version of the song:

Edited by SoCalCoasters

I hate to bump this thread, but I was emptying out my emails today and I came across an email I sent to SallyCorp regarding Nights in White Satin.

I was inquiring about the music track for the ride, a re-recorded version of the song performed by Moody Blues. The answer I got regarding the status of the song was quite perplexing.

As far as the music track for the ride you are correct that it is not for sale any where and I do not imagine it will ever be for sale. As I oversaw the installation from the park side I know that the track was a special designed track done in studio by the park and Moody Blues and is owned by the park and there for it will never be made into an album.

Rather bizarre. Anyone have any idea who exactly picked up the rights to the song when the park went Bankrupt?

Interesting. I'd assumed they'd used an edited version of the original song (not a new version of it).

Edited by cfc

I do vaguely remember them promoting the fact that the song was re-recorded and reworked to fit the attraction.

I do remember the orchestration for Life in the Fast Lane was also heavily reworked for the pacing of the ride, with the instrumental section being moved into an odd place for the song to allow for a better musical transition while re-entering the station to go up the second lift hill.

I do remember the orchestration for Life in the Fast Lane was also heavily reworked for the pacing of the ride, with the instrumental section being moved into an odd place for the song to allow for a better musical transition while re-entering the station to go up the second lift hill.

It didn't help.

• 3 months later...

( This is just fancy dreaming; this is just for fun )

If they do decide to auction off those rides and Cedar Fair is the one that bought all the coasters, then here is where I think those coasters should go to ( I'm using the old names here back when it was Hard Rock Park).

Led Zeppelin should go to Kings Island and be the worthy replacement to Son of Beast.

The Fast Lane should go to either Kings Dominion in the Old Virginia Section or to Cedar Point so their Frontier Section can have a mine train ride.

RPM should go to Carowinds.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll can go to either Worlds of Fun or Valleyfair, be renamed "Woodstock Express" and be part of their Planet Snoopy area.

And Slippery When Wet can go to any of Cedar Fair's water park.

Oh well, that was a fancy dream anyway.

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!"

The owners of this park must be thinking that they're going to get it opened cause they haven't even done anything to try and get it back open in the past 3 years. Letting everything sit dormant, with no word whether they're going to sell the property or any of the assets really. I see they already tried getting somethings taken care of by auctioning the property that was going to have the planned hotel. All I've been hearing is that they're at least keeping some kind of maintenance done in the park to keep it at a somewhat decent level so in the event they get it back open, it's ready to go. I'm sure the city appreciates everything just sitting there, attracting nothing besides weeds and rust.

In the Cedar Fair relocation scenario, think Time Machine should go to Valleyfair. Would fit the park well, not too big, can be acquired fairly cheap compared to new. Not to mention, be the first new coaster to have inversions in several years. Kings Island needs something bigger than a 150ft tall looping sit down to replace Son of Beast. They in a sense already have one of these with Vortex.

I can see Iron Horse moved to one of the smaller parks, like Michigan's Adventure. Perfect little family fun mine ride.

Hang Ten, I'd move it to Cedar Point in Planet Snoopy. They could always use another kiddie coaster in the front of the park since they really have a lot of kid areas here and another kid friendly coaster would help push the family aspect of the park. That seems to be the direction Ouimet would like to push the parks more towards versus the high thrill that Kinzel was doing.

Soak'd would be tough one since these kind of coasters are falling out of style, although since Premier did build this one, it could survive at another park. Where though would be a roulette as it doesn't fit anywhere.

Round About, that's another tough one. Mainly because it's quite a complicated setup Premier did with the wheel lift. Worlds of Fun, Dorney or CA's Great America with this one. Don't know if it'd fit in with any bigger parks, mainly because of the Backlot Stunt coasters at a couple of the former Paramount parks and the capacity on it is not that great.