Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 am

Well, that's good news for me; I'll be there Sunday. Looking forward to this one, painful or not!

Postby Rai Fox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:52 pm

FYI; apparently all has not gone well. I was at the park today; Equinox is not yet open. It was running all night, but only test cycles, and apparently for staff to train on; no riders actually on it. What a tease...the ride looks amazing though! I'm going to have to wait until next year to get on it now though, sadly =/

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby megamatt » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:36 pm

MadJennyMorgan of the CanobieFan forums posted this video of it testing.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 am

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release regarding their unique SCREEEMFEST flash mob held last Friday.

Just prior to 2:00 pm on Friday, October 12, a caravan of buses pulled alongside historic Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston and discharged their passengers – zombies, monsters and ghouls. Hundreds of them, marching stiff-legged toward the market’s West End.

As the monsters paraded through Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston radio celebrity “undertakers” Billy Costa of KISS 108FM and Ramiro of JAMN 94.5FM emerged from two hearses at the front of group, and the sound of eerie dance music was heard throughout the historic marketplace.

Choreographed in unison, the monsters began to dance to the spine-tingling beat. The performance wowed spectators for more than three minutes and culminated with the sound of electric shocks as the zombies twitched in their final throes of the dance. Then, as quickly as they arrived, they were gone, back on the buses, back to Canobie Lake Park SCREEEMFEST in Salem, New Hampshire, from where they had come.

The “zombie flash mob” was a joint effort between Canobie Lake Park and Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

“Both of our organizations are committed to reinventing ways to entertain our visitors and guests,” said Chris Nicoli, Canobie Lake Park's Marketing and Entertainment Manager. “We have a great partnership with Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and together we developed a Halloween-themed event that was both exciting and current. Canobie Lake Park SCREEEMFEST, running weekends throughout the month of October, provided the resources allowing us to assemble a huge cast of 'monsters and zombies' and present a performance in the heart of Boston that everyone could enjoy.”

“Faneuil Hall Marketplace has always been an iconic Boston destination. The Marketplace is working hard to launch a series of new programs and events that will shape Boston's future,” said Kristin Phelan, Director of Marketing, Faneuil Hall Marketplace. “Partners like Canobie Lake Park share a similar mission in creating unique and memorable experiences for guests that will make them want to visit time and time again.”

The hundreds of costumed “monsters” were choreographed by Canobie Lake Park’s Entertainment Department to custom music prepared for the event.

Monster_Mob_1211.jpg
Monster_Mob_1229.jpg
Monster_Mob_1234.jpg
Monster_Mob_1236.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby screaminkid2005 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 am

Great video! I loved the beginning dance break! But then it all kind of just fell apart, but thats what happens when you have really big groups of people doing a flash mob. Great find!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:12 am

Equinox was running with guests a bit yesterday, but it broke down several times. I'm surprised they're having so much trouble with a ride that is designed to be portable. The lights look great at night, but i'm so not thrilled with the sound package on the ride, as it ruins the ambiance of the adjacent Antique Carousel.

The park was also as busy as I've ever seen it. The main lot was full, the grass lot was almost full, and there was a constant stream of busses shuttling people from an off site lot. The only line under 20 minutes was the Tiki Maze, and the lines for the haunts were 2+ hours.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby canobie#1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:55 am

WINTER UPDATE:
Canobie Lake's flume lift hill was removed. They are being very quiet about it but it is most likely a large renovation or extension to the ride. There is several construction machines in the parking lot.
Along with the flume, Canobie is updating the brake system on the Yankee Cannonball to allow two trains to run at the same time.
Canobie lake park
Yankee Cannonball- canobie corkscrew- dragon coaster- Untamed
Serving SCREAMS since 1902

LAKE COMPOUNCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release about this coming weekend's job fair.

With an opening day of April 27th for Canobie Lake Park’s 2013 season, the Park is looking for hundreds of quality guest-service-centric individuals to fill a variety of available positions.

Canobie Lake Park’s Annual Spring Job Fair will be held on Saturday, March 30th, from 10AM to 3PM at the Park in Salem, New Hampshire. Interviewers will be looking for talented, dedicated candidates to fill positions that include ride and game attendants, cashiers, EMTs, security officers, food service personnel, ride mechanics, custodial help and many others.

“As this is our first Job Fair of the season, we’re expecting a sizable turnout and we’ll be prepared,” said Chris Nicoli, Canobie’s Marketing and Entertainment Manager. “It takes the cooperation of a large, talented staff working together to provide a memorable entertainment experience for our guests. We offer an exciting place to work and are hoping to fill many positions at this event.”

What advice can he offer applicants? “Dress to impress and come with a positive attitude,” said Nicoli. All Park departments will be represented at the job fair. For more information, visit the jobs section of the Park’s website at canobie.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby RideofSteel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm planning a trip up to Canobie Lake Park. On a Saturday in July how busy would it be? I'm planning on staying almost a full day...Is that too much? And also, is there any supermarkets or other stores up there that have discounted tickets or coupons?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby canobie#1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:31 pm

A full day in the summer is what to do if you wanna ride most of the rides.

I would recommend getting a chair in the morning at their water park, castaway island if it is a hot day.

The rite aid and mcdonald's in salem have discounted tickets but you can get cheaper ones on their website. They're is free parking so you don't have to worry about that.

Make sure you check out Yankee Cannoball in the morning, it is their most popular attraction. Pyscho-Drome is a gem too.
Canobie lake park
Yankee Cannonball- canobie corkscrew- dragon coaster- Untamed
Serving SCREAMS since 1902

LAKE COMPOUNCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!