Lightwater Valley Discussion Thread

P. 4: Angry Birds Activity Park announced for 2013 season!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Lightwater Valley Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 am

SharkTums wrote:^Or they could just bring back the Toad Hole terrifying ride!

Yes, everything went south for Lightwater Valley when they removed Toad Hole, one of the most amazing, if potentially dangerous, attractions in the UK.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 am

I think the park food could be improved....just a bit?

;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 am

http://www.themeparks-uk.com/news/angry-birds-at-lightwater.html

As the first Angry Birds Activity Park in the North of England, the site will cover over 30,000 square feet and represents a total investment of over £1 million. It will combine the digital world of the game with the physical world, through activity-based play, encouraging visitors to move and be active.

The Angry Birds Activity Park will be complemented by an Angry Birds retail store selling a wide range of Angry Birds official merchandise from pencils to back-packs to plush toys. It has been designed and manufactured by Lappset UK. A leading provider of play equipment, the Kettering based company launched the Angry Birds concept last year which creates a new healthy way for the whole family to experience the Angry Birds theme.

The attraction is aimed at the whole family, allowing toddlers, children and adults to play together.

Angry Birds Activity Park at Lightwater Valley

Mark Bainbridge, General Manager, at Lightwater Valley, comments:
We are delighted that the global phenomenon that is Angry Birds has landed at Lightwater. We feel that the new activity park is a really good fit for us as a leading family attraction – and what we really like is it will get children and adults alike active whilst having fun together. Its opening will mark the start of an exciting programme of developments, which will improve and diversify the theme park’s offer and reinforce our commitment to providing quality leisure experiences for the whole family.

Lightwater Valley is committed to working in partnership with local businesses and organisations to support the growth and value of Yorkshire’s visitor economy.

Angry Birds has been downloaded over 1 billion times across the world, and last year it was the most popular paid-for app on Apple’s App Store. The game, now also available across different platforms, played by millions of people every day.

Further detail on the Angry Birds Activity Park will be released after Easter.
angry_birds.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby IrishCasual » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:41 pm

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 pm

^Always suspected that ride was homicidal.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 pm

^^I read the article but couldn't take it seriously when they explained that the Ultimate was one of the World's Best Coasters! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:57 pm

^It might be the best when it comes to killing deer.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Wow, that's pretty crazy. Yes, "one of the worlds best coasters", yeh, that is going rather far isn't it?
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:30 pm

So an other day of unusual news. My heart goes out to the deer's family.
In all seriousness, I never been to Lightwater Valley but even I can see Ultimate isn't one of the best.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:So an other day of unusual news. My heart goes out to the deer's family.
In all seriousness, I never been to Lightwater Valley but even I can see Ultimate isn't one of the best.

The Ultimate is interesting to say the least. The first half lures you into a false sense of security and then the second half (2 hours later) knocks you insane and back!
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!