Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkey eat mullet pump.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby 1pizza14 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:14 am

Does anyone know how crowded BGT will be this week? I know the Orlando parks have been crowded so far, but BGT is 1hr away. Will it be worth it to get the unlimited Quick Queue?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 am

^I'd wait and check the place out when you get there, It's been a few years but I've been to BGT several times during "Spring Break" and the crowds were always fairly light during the week. BGT doesn't seem to get nearly the number of visitors during the off season that the Orlando parks do.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby 1pizza14 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:20 pm

^ Thanks for the help, I will check to see how busy it is and than purchase it at the park. I will also give an update on Kumba, as many people here have been reporting it still closed.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby raptor6 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:13 pm

^Thank You! I'm hoping for good news! :)
My full roller coaster list is found here: http://www.coastercounter.com/nextyear

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 am

Same here as I will be at BGT on the 27th. Fingers crossed!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:26 am

http://www.screamscape.com/html/busch_gardens_tampa.htm

While Spring is quickly approaching, no one seems to be sure if Gwazi will be able to return running both the Tiger and Lion sides or not when the busy crowds start to show up for Spring Break. Based on the messy half-disassembled state of the Tiger train on left in the shed, things are not looking good. Plus the second train that was previously on the maintenance track to the left of this one is now entirely missing in action. Anyone know a bit more about what plans are in store for the Gwazi in 2013?
db_2013_0311_GwaziBridge1.jpg
db_2013_0311_GwaziTigerTrain21.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

What is wrong with Gwazi? I thought that putting on the new trains made it a little better. What's going on with this ride? They need some RMC...that'll solve their problems. Always does! Haha. Anyway, I really liked Gwazi when it dueled.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 am

^^If they have any mercy at all, they'll tear the whole thing down.

^The new trains only helped for a short time. They would have had to completely rebuild the track from the ground up for the new trains to make a difference since there was already so much irreversible damage done to the track from the PTCs.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 am

It just seems BGT has given up on Gwazi. I hope it won't sit there for a few seasons then get torn down like SOB. I think they could get RMC or any of the companies to come in and fix Gwazi. It makes me mad because BGT has great coasters but then you see Gwazi just rotting away.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby markysharky17 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 am

I like gwazi and honestly did not find it that rough in 2011 when I went on it. It's honestly not my favorite ride and sits there with trains getting sent off once every five minutes. They need a better loading system and maybe a RMC dulling coaster makeover. I wouldn't really hate to see it go as its not one of my favorites. But if they completely knock it down they would have room for something very big. I might be going on spring break weekend and I will try to check it out again. I went last January and I was going to ride it but lines were over an hour to ride it. I hope it gets better soon!
Coaster Count #188 Last coaster was Mako
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Maverick 5. Superman The Ride 6. Fury 325 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. StormRunner 9. Kinda Ka 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Manta (SWO) 12. Goliath (SFOG) 13. Montu 14. The Beast 15. Mako 16. Intimidator 17. Banshee
RMC+B&M+INTAMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!