Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot] and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood to announce Wizarding World

Postby Double0Kevin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:42 am

^ I mentioned that a page or 2 back. It does seem like T2 is way bigger than Despicable Me in Orlando. A dark ride would be awesome, I was also thinking of the possibility of splitting the building to 2 theaters to help with long lines.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press releasing confirming the addition of Despicable Me Minion Mayhem to the park's lineup, set to debut in 2014!

Universal Studios Hollywood announces the much-anticipated arrival of "Despicable Me Minion Mayhem," a 3D Ultra-HD movie motion-simulator adventure. Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's worldwide blockbuster Despicable Me will come to life in Hollywood in an attraction modeled after the one in its sister park, Universal Orlando Resort® – with the addition of a few surprises unique to the Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM

"Based on the consumer feedback at our sister park, we expect the 'Despicable Me' ride experience to be a popular, family-friendly attraction for Universal Studios Hollywood. The ride continues the story line of the main characters from the blockbuster film through all-new 3D Ultra-HD animation, together with an interactive ride vehicle system," said Larry Kurzweil , President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Studios Hollywood. "In 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem,' our guests will experience the hilarious and heartwarming characters of the beloved film in a whole new way."

The fully immersive experience will debut in 2014 with the loveable cast of leading characters that have captured the laughter of audiences worldwide: super-villain Gru, his adorable girls (Margo, Edith and Agnes) and the unpredictably hilarious Minions.

"The 'Despicable Me Minion Mayhem' attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood will continue to push the creative envelope with its exceptional show content, sight gags, special effects and 3D digital animation. The exterior treatment will feature even more thematic and colorful creative touches that will literally place park guests inside Gru's world," said Mark Woodbury , President, Universal Creative.

Guests will experience whimsically themed queues, preshow videos and comedic dialogue that set up the fundamental plot: Gru schemes to create more mischievous Minions from human recruits.

Guests will be transported into Gru's house as they meander through his living room and encounter visual elements as seen in the film – including the moon-shrinking SR-6 shrink ray – while they zig zag through a zany adventure featuring Gru's super-villain laboratory. The exciting journey continues as they swerve, bounce and plunge to get through the frantically humorous Minion training mission while donning specially designed 3D Minion goggles. Fun and frolic continue in a post-show dance party where Minion walkaround characters invite guests to strut their stuff in an impromptu Minion-inspired dance party.

"Despicable Me Minion Mayhem" was produced in collaboration between Universal Creative and Illumination Entertainment, and was recently honored as Best Animated Special Production at the 2012 Annie Awards, which recognizes Outstanding Achievements in the field of Animation.
LA74740.jpeg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Good addition for the park...something else family friendly with a lower height requirement. Who doesn't love the minions?!?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm looking forward to it. The one in Orlando was definitely one of the more enjoyable simulators I've been on. It will be cool to see what the differences will be, and the look of the exterior (I hope it has a Pyramid painted like the sky!). I wonder when in 2014 it will be, I assume it will be early in the year since they are well on their way with the construction, and if they can do Transformers as quick as they did, this should be easy.

BTW, how nice is it to have Universal announce something!? Since they are building a on of stuff that still has yet to be announced.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:19 pm

I missed seeing it in Orlando, can't wait until it opens. I do like the minions, and I think it will be a great addition to USH.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 pm

I am curious to see what sort of ride system is going to be used. The Orlando version was just an update of Hannah Barbera/Jimmy Neutron. While Despicable Me looks great in Orlando, the ride system itself is pretty old and busted.

I can't imagine that Hollywood is going to choose to build that same ride system from scratch? I wonder if we will see a more advanced simulator in Hollywood since they are pretty much starting from the ground up.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 am

^ Was talking to someone the other day about this who seemed to know quite a bit about the project. I forget what company is building it, but it does sound like they are just building the ride based off the specs of the Florida version.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Justice » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 am

So Universal Orlando can build Transformers from the ground up in 10 months but Universal Hollywood takes a year and a half to build Despicable Me?

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 am

^There are some differences between the two coasts, but there are also clearly some hold-ups. Im sure this has something to do with it:

Universal Studios fire out at site of closed terminator 2 ride

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 am

Universal's tendency toward fire reminds me of an old Firesign Theatre joke about "Best Actor" Oscar nominees and disaster movies: "Charlton Heston as 'Doghouse Riley' in Universal Pictures' 'The Day Universal Burned Down.'"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!