Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby rcwizard13 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Does anyone else feel like the first drop is something that should be impossible? Not that it isn't awesome, it just looks kind of fake. Guess I'm too constrained to the normal.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 pm

It's a little weird from that angle because it bends to the left a bit.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Well, the latest pic in this thread certainly emphasizes what a ridiculously amazing drop it appears to be! Great angle.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 pm

The drop is just one of those things that looks great at some angles but awkward at others. However the ride experience should be awesome!

Postby bert425 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 pm

palmerleeberry wrote:Upon reading the article that was posted on SFFT, I only have one complaint:

:x "Those bubbleheads! How could they have forgotten to mention the Hustler? C'mon, riders and amusement park flyers, that has to be one of the best rides in the park. And no mention of the Log Flume that is themed after a Bugs Bunny cartoon in which he goes on a quest to find the singing sword? How many log flume rides would have a theme like that? How dare they slight those rides?"

DISCLAIMER - This is only a joke. I have no problems with their article because they can't list every ride, I mean, if they did we'll be reading all day. This was only a joke. :lmao:

[i]"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride."[i] :airtime: :airtimer:

I love the Hustler, and it always gets treated poorly.

which is a shame, as it has some of the BEST theming in the park!

in fact, when I took the Season Pass Survey last year, I pointed out that the placement of the Basketball Game in front of Hustler completely destroys the best theming in the park.. . . of course, they simply "thanked" me for my input.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MINICoupe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 pm

SFFT PR guy Jeffrey Siebert invited a bunch of fellow ACErs to a backstage tour of iRat. I was lucky enough to attend and everyone is absolutely right: pics just can't convey the awesomeness and badassery of this ride... especially when shrunk down to 800X600 or smaller!

Nevertheless, here are some of the pics I took yesterday:
iRatJeffreyExplains.jpg
Jeffrey explains how insanely fast the train will be traveling through the clifftop section
iRatHauls.jpg
The crest of the second hill is much, much, MUCH lower than before, meaning that the train is going to blaze through the horseshoe much like NTAG races through its opening turns. Don't expect to notice any slowing down.
iRatHopOfDeath.jpg
The Bunny Hop of Death. I was assured that the train will have plenty of speed to provide total airtime all the way over the bunny hop, which goes right into a weightless free fall over the edge of the cliff. This could be the sleeper hit portion of the ride.
iRatRRE.jpg
RoadRunner Express won't interact with iRat much, now that the final helix is gone.
iRatBrake.jpg
Yep: out of the tunnel into a very Leviathan-like brake run with speed to spare.
iRatTunnel.jpg
The angle of the track going into the tunnel is very different than before. There will need to be some trackrobatics in the dark (mainly a banked S-turn while sharply rising). The lighting effects may need to be scrapped due to insanely close clearances inside the tunnel. Stay tuned - it might just be really dark in there. That should make night rides wholly awesome.
iRatReverseOB.jpg
Reverse overbanked turn on the cliff. The entrance/exit of this thing is TIGHT. Jeffrey assured us that the trains can handle it... also, unlike NTAG, the trains will be much more open on the sides and will make you feel very vulnerable.
iRatRoll.jpg
Shot of the barrel roll and overbanks. Note the NTAG-like double-up airtime hill right below the roll!
iRatDrop.jpg
How big is it? Follow the track down the drop and look at the little speck on the track just below the cliff edge... that's a construction worker!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 pm

The way that the supports are worked to fit onto the old footers is really neat.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 pm

That tunnel looks CRAZY! :wtf: Count me in for a trip to San Antonio! I gotta ride this one. I loved NTAG, but this looks crazier!
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Maybe I shouldn't be saying this, or even entertaining the idea, but I have a feeling this'll slaughter NTAG in my top 10.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MINICoupe » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:52 pm

So NTAG had a steep learning curve, iRat looks to be pushing that envelope even further... rumor has it that SFMM's Colossus could be next. I see no reason that the two sides couldn't flip-flop back and forth from left side to right side and back several times during the ride, turning a racing coaster into a dueling coaster... although the discussion of that should probably go in the SFMM thread.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!