TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wow! The second half of the coaster was built astonishingly fast. That's the way to do it and it is why B&M's are almost never behind schedule.

I just can't wait to see it in action with the first test runs coming soon!

By the way, there seems to be no trim on the camel-back hill after all (as some videos suggested) and I hope that the MCBR won't kill a lot of speed either.

^ Maybe. I'm just curious to why they made them a bright yellow in the animation. These look more like a copper. They still look really awesome!

They also didn't have gaps in the towers in the animation, those aren't 100% accurate. I sure hope this isn't the new thing to complain about.

The trains look great! I dont know how you can complain about them

People are idiots. They'll complain about anything just to hear themselves talk.

I'm just curious to why they made them a bright yellow in the animation. These look more like a copper.

It's because the animation is called CONCEPT ART!!!

Not everything ends up looking exactly like the concept art. Deal with it.

The trains look great! I dont know how you can complain about them

I'm not intending that the trains look worse. They look amazing whether yellow or brown. I was just wondering if anyone knew why the color was different. It was just for curiosity.

Edited by thrillseeker4552

mmmmmmmmmmm.... Gatekeeper. Looking forward to eventually giving the Wing Coaster a second chance (WE = rather tame)

I totally can't wait until I see videos of this thing testing, but I kinda am not looking forward to it, because then I will see countless posts of people complaining how slow it is (by the way, that is most likely caused by the fact that B&M has made probably only five really good coasters since the turn of the millennium, and that it will still be rather cold when they do start testing so it will be loads slower than it usually will be thanks to the lubricants. And I figure the new wheels need to get broken in a bit as well. I know my soapbox is short and no one will probably listen, but it's worth a shot.)

Train colors: Sunset Gold, with Zenith Gold, Meteor Gold and Orion Gold accents

From the CP website. I'd say they nailed the "sunset" color on the head. Obviously when the animation was created, they either didn't know the actual color, or CP didn't inform the animator of the specific color and they just made it as close as they could. The exact train color is hardly a detail that matters in a ride rendering video. No matter what, it doesn't matter because it looks amazing (and much better than the bright yellow gold in the animation.)

Train colors: Sunset Gold, with Zenith Gold, Meteor Gold and Orion Gold accents

Obviously when the animation was created, they either didn't know the actual color, or CP didn't inform the animator of the specific color and they just made it as close as they could.

Thank you! This is the answer I was looking for. I think other people were taking the COMMENT I made and making it sound like some massive complaint. It wasn't! I never said the trains look worse! All I was wondering were why the trains' color looks different. I'm glad someone understood me.

I think other people were taking the COMMENT I made and making it sound like some massive complaint.

It was. And it was a dumb comment. Take responsibility for what your write. Don't try to blame other people for you sounding like an idiot.