TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

^Wow, this thing started testing fast! Looks good! When will the theming be done?

The theming is complete. The video can't show too much because the view points are restricted. We'll be sharing all the openning media event pictures and vídeo next week with all the coaster theming.

^Wow, this thing started testing fast! Looks good! When will the theming be done?

The theming is complete. The video can't show too much because the view points are restricted. We'll be sharing all the openning media event pictures and vídeo next week with all the coaster theming.

The tunnel doesnt look to be completely themed though. It is just staying like that?

The tunnel doesnt look to be completely themed though. It is just staying like that?

The tunnel is themed in both sides. The video doesn't shows this. Also the fog hasn't been tested yet.

Tomorrow I'll be on the park, and will take some shots to show some theming.

I'm just reading this thread for the first time now. I had hoped that this would make its way to SFA, seeing as they are lacking a good family steel coaster. I know it was unlikely that it would happen just one year after Apocalypse, but I can dream, right?

Anyways, I'm impressed with how fast this went up. I do enjoy these rides quite a bit, they're always good fun.

New Pics... from The Joker Premier at SFM (photos from Six Flags Mexico's Facebook)

540827_10151479875812138_858196990_n.jpg

382237_10151479875872138_1754369720_n.jpg

484162_10151479875937138_196787723_n.jpg

480264_10151479875962138_1558727378_n.jpg

482441_10151479875997138_1405242691_n.jpg

45465_10151479876077138_1799711335_n.jpg

225499_10151479877192138_165816052_n.jpg

487553_10151479877642138_489180082_n.jpg

64812_10151479877782138_1305368334_n.jpg

485945_10151479877852138_1876402888_n.jpg

485925_10151479877942138_1042222017_n.jpg

485084_10151479878122138_593810088_n.jpg

734523_10151479878232138_1118096550_n.jpg

481249_10151479878302138_872661727_n.jpg

But SFAs Joker' s Jinx to shame... SFA take notes for a JJ rehab. I love the lighting package, queue entrace looks AMAZING and the tunnel and car wraps are also very neat. GOOD JOB SIX FLAGS! Love the themeing going into these rides as of late.

Wow, they did a pretty good job with this thing. It looks much better than it did as Tony Hawk. I love the paint job, and the lighting is excellent. Well done SFM.

The cars still look like skateboards if you closely, especially at the "Harley Quinn" car which is red and black just like the Big Spin cars were.

The Harley Quinn car looks like if they just the former Big Spin car red and black and just slapped a clown's picture on it!

I don't really see a problem with that. It still looks better than any prior theme that a Six Flags spinner has or had previously.

^Despite the fact the said car was red and black and still looked like a skateboard, at least Six Flags did a better job at retheming that one car than when the coaster was Discovery Kingdom and all they was when it was Tony Hawk was put stickers on it instead of warping it, at least the wrapping on the skateboard cars are not advertising anything but The Joker and his scary circus of nightmares.

They should have rethemed all the Tony Hawk's Big Spin coasters as "The Joker" instead of "Pandemonium"!

The Harley Quinn car looks like if they just the former Big Spin car red and black and just slapped a clown's picture on it!

Did you honestly expect them to buy all new fiberglass shells for the cars?

^ Heck ya, I would think that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom would put new "generic" Gerstlauer spinning coaster covers on the cars before they were shipped to Mexico, and then put the Joker theme warps on them. That would make people forget that this coaster was "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" before it became Pandemonium.

Frankly I think that Six Flags should have put new "generic" Gerstlauer spinning coaster covers on the cars for the Pandemonium coasters at SFStL, SFOT, and SFFT when they decided to dump the Tony Hawk branding from the coasters!

That would make people forget that this coaster was "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" before it became Pandemonium.

98% of the guests riding this attraction would never know that this ride was formerly Tony Hawk's Big Spin or that it was ever operating in another park.

^ Heck ya, I would think that Six Flags Discovery Kingdom would put new "generic" Gerstlauer spinning coaster covers on the cars before they were shipped to Mexico, and then put the Joker theme warps on them. That would make people forget that this coaster was "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" before it became Pandemonium.

Frankly I think that Six Flags should have put new "generic" Gerstlauer spinning coaster covers on the cars for the Pandemonium coasters at SFStL, SFOT, and SFFT when they decided to dump the Tony Hawk branding from the coasters!

I really hope you're being sarcastic. How is that even an issue?

I can see this being another Green Lantern coaster. Joker would be adequate, but with the current "Green Lantern" trend, I can see it being another one.

Though, there is too many Green Lantern coasters, well 2 is enough, but a more creative name or a name used by a defunct attraction (e.g. X-Flight) would be nice like Joker's Revenge.

Now, if those Green Lantern coasters were any GOOD, people wouldn't be tired of them. Look how many Superman rides there are, everyone loves 'em. Green Lantern, everyone groans imagining their shoulders being mangled.

SFM did a great job on theming. It's laughable to compare the current theming to the theming it had at SFDK.

The skateboard cars made sense when Joker was Tony Hawk's Big Spin at SFDK, but when Six Flags dumped Tony Hawk the skateboard car covers no longer made sense to when the coaster was Pandemonium and now it's even more laughable since the cars are still skateboards even in the teaser photo Joker's car was still a skateboard.

I don't even know why Six Flags bother to keep the skateboard car covers when they decided to go with "Pandemonium" for the former Big Spin coasters. I guess Six Flags was just too lazy to refurbish the cars with new covers.

^I'll try and clarify...

98% of the guests riding this attraction will never know that this ride was formerly Tony Hawk's Big Spin, know that it was ever operating in another park or never will have seen any photos to indicate that either of the above scenarios were true.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^I dare you to compare the SFDK Big Spin/Pandemonium pictures to the SFM Joker ones and you tell me that the Mexican may not see this as a second hand coaster from another park, but a wild new coaster themed to Batman's arch nemesis with skateboard cars on the side! But if an American came to Six Flags Mexico and has been to SFDK in the past when they had the coaster, they'll think "hey wasn't that coaster Tony Hawk's Big Spin?" in fact they were probably thinking the same thing when the ride was still at SFDK as "Pandemonium" during its final season at Discovery Kingdom!