SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 126: Mako, floorless dive coaster announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has sent us a press release about the debut of Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment today announced it will premiere “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation,” an original live musical show featuring the characters from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: DWA) beloved Madagascar franchise, at two of the company’s parks this summer.

Celebrating the box office success of Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, which has grossed more than $740 million at the worldwide box office, Alex the Lion and friends will party while on vacation with guests at Busch Gardens Tampa® and SeaWorld® throughout 2013.

The 20-minute musical show follows the antics of Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien, Mort and the Penguins during a vacation adventure. The show will feature rock/pop music performed by a live band and include both classic and original songs. The characters also will conduct meet and greets with park guests. Additionally, special co-branded merchandise exclusive to the parks, will be available.

These two locations will be the only theme parks in the U.S. where fans can see the characters of Madagascar live. The new show “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation” premieres in the following locations:

Busch Gardens Tampa® May 18, 2013.
SeaWorld San Diego June 15, 2013.

The company also has the opportunity to expand the show to other parks in the SeaWorld family in the future.

“Audiences around the world have embraced the characters of Madagascar, and SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks are the ideal places for families to enjoy this immersive live entertainment experience,” said DreamWorks Animation’s Head of Worldwide Licensing & Consumer Products, Kerry Phelan. “The entire creative team behind this uniquely original version of “Madagascar Live!” has done an impressive job of translating the beloved world from screen to stage, bringing it to life for young park guests and family audiences alike.”

“Our parks both entertain and inspire guests to care about animals,” said Scott Helmstedter, Chief Creative Officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Likewise, the Madagascar movies also inspire animal lovers, but in a different way with their inimitable charm and humor. We welcome these characters to our family with open arms and look forward to working with DreamWorks Animation on this incredibly funny and engaging new show.”

Madagascar is one of the most successful CG animated movie franchises of all time, grossing more than $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office. In 2012 “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” grossed over $740 million at the global box office, becoming the highest grossing film of the series.
Madagascar Live! Operation Vacation Full logo with characters.JPG
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 pm

This must be what is replacing the 4d theater?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:40 am

Jew wrote:This must be what is replacing the 4d theater?

Screamscape reported some time ago that it would replace Cirque de la Mer. That's probably where it's going.

As for the 4D theater, it would be great to have Turtle Trek in there, but I'm not giving my hopes up.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:21 am

^Screamscape also reported just the other day the Cirque is staying and only the 4D is going. I think it's safe to say this is taking 4D over.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:26 am

Seeing as Cirque Del a Mer is currently hiring for the 2013, and the 4D theater closed after Polar Express' Christmas run was finished, I think it's safe to assume it will be at the indoor theater location.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Postby Jew » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:30 am

I say good for the park. That theater was in BAD shape.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby empires » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:08 pm

They also said a little bit ago that the fresh water aquarium next door to the theater was getting torn down for a new restaurant/ eatery. Nice to see that area of the park getting a makeover, although honestly I'm not at all excited for the new show. I'd rather have seen a new 4d movie in there, oh well. On a side not would an Antarctica ride even work in San Diego considering the 30 foot height limit. The one in Orlando seems a lot taller than that???

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 pm

I like all the changes going into the park. Got to find time to visit the park when they are finished.

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 am

^^The councilwoman that always gave Sea World problems is no longer around. I think they could make it work.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 am

^And the Penguin attraction has a very large unused area of land between it and its neighboring gift shop. If they were to take the area between the original attraction and the gift shop and combine it other the existing space then they'd most certainly have enough room if they chose.

I know I posted this last week, but has anyone ridden JTA since it came back from it's rehab? If so what changes have been made?
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!