Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby netdvn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 am

^ Drop tower's been pushed back indefinitely for now.

I rode Gwazi Lion in May (Tiger was down for rehab when I went) and it was running pretty badly, even with the new trains. I figured it was just a rehab thing and the Tiger side would be up and running while Lion side went down for retracking. I recall hearing news about Tiger being reopened during the summer too. I guess this is more long term than I thought.

- The Lion side was pretty jarring though. I couldn't imagine riding this with the original trains.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:01 am

WOW... I won't be able to ride this ride either... Florida is closing shutting down all these major rides the same time I'm traveling there.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 am

Aside from Jaws (which closed last year for Potter 2.0) and DB Hurricane (which seems a bit out of the way anyway), I can't think of many other major Florida attractions that are closing for good. You still have Antarctica, New Fantasyland, Potter/Rockit/Transformers, Legoland FL, Test Track, and Cheetah Hunt to look forward to in terms of newer Florida attractions anyway.

Gwazi's fate is probably in limbo right now, but riding it isn't really that special.

On another note, after the huge IPO thing, the Busch Gardens logo has changed. I think it feels a bit more garden center/supermarket than theme park. Maybe it'll grow on me with time, but at this point, I think the current logo should stay for a few more years. The stylized tree thing looks odd.

We'll probably see Sea World's logo change eventually as well.

bg logo.jpg
Get your coasters half off with our new Valued Customer card.

Looking at the current text, it looks like they stylized the "Gardens" text to match the "Busch" text and added the tree thingy.
Last edited by netdvn on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:58 am.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 am

^That logo's a joke, right? :?r
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:05 am

I really don't care if this is just an off-season thing, but I've gotten some great rides on Gwazi (mostly during the PTC days, but that doesn't matter). I really hope the closure is just a yearly rehab and nothing more.
We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 am

^^ Reminds me of broccoli...

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm

This really does look like a logo for a Whole Foods competitor or something.

The logo is obviously supposed to convey coaster track as well as plant life, but the roller coaster/theme park aspect is way to subtle, its almost not really there. I don't get what is wrong with their type only logo.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 pm

http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/Events/Bands-Brew-and-BBQ

Sundays at Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay, sample nearly 100 craft beers, savor barbecue and enjoy live music by some of the biggest names in rock and classic rock.

Artists for 2013 include John Kay & Steppenwolf, Barenaked Ladies, The Doobie Brothers and The Goo Goo Dolls.

Bands, Brew & BBQ starts February 10 and runs each Sunday through March 3, 2013.

Grab a 2013 Busch Gardens Fun Card to experience each weekend of Bands, Brew & BBQ event and visit Busch Gardens throughout 2013.

• John Kay & Steppenwolf February 10
  • Barenaked Ladies February 17
  • The Doobie Brothers February 24
  • The Goo Goo Dolls March 3
Concerts start at 5 p.m., with Gwazi® Park opening to guests at 3 p.m. Artist lineup subject to change.

Rock to it all with a 2013 Fun Card. See the entire 2013 artist lineup and enjoy Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay throughout 2013.

This year’s Beer Festival will showcase more than 100 imported, domestic and craft beers.

Select brews are available at each of the tents along the Bands, Brew and BBQ pathway, as well as in Gwazi® Park. But for those looking to sample several of the specialty brews, unlimited sampling is available from noon to 5:30 p.m. every Sunday with a Beer Festival Wristband.

Wristbands are $30 per person (ages 21+), or 2 for $50 for Busch Gardens Tampa Bay® Pass Members, and also include sampling privileges at the Desert Grill® restaurant, Crown Colony® pub and Zambia Smokehouse.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has sent us a press release about the debut of Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment today announced it will premiere “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation,” an original live musical show featuring the characters from DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: DWA) beloved Madagascar franchise, at two of the company’s parks this summer.

Celebrating the box office success of Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, which has grossed more than $740 million at the worldwide box office, Alex the Lion and friends will party while on vacation with guests at Busch Gardens Tampa® and SeaWorld® throughout 2013.

The 20-minute musical show follows the antics of Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julien, Mort and the Penguins during a vacation adventure. The show will feature rock/pop music performed by a live band and include both classic and original songs. The characters also will conduct meet and greets with park guests. Additionally, special co-branded merchandise exclusive to the parks, will be available.

These two locations will be the only theme parks in the U.S. where fans can see the characters of Madagascar live. The new show “Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation” premieres in the following locations:

Busch Gardens Tampa® May 18, 2013.
SeaWorld San Diego June 15, 2013.

The company also has the opportunity to expand the show to other parks in the SeaWorld family in the future.

“Audiences around the world have embraced the characters of Madagascar, and SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks are the ideal places for families to enjoy this immersive live entertainment experience,” said DreamWorks Animation’s Head of Worldwide Licensing & Consumer Products, Kerry Phelan. “The entire creative team behind this uniquely original version of “Madagascar Live!” has done an impressive job of translating the beloved world from screen to stage, bringing it to life for young park guests and family audiences alike.”

“Our parks both entertain and inspire guests to care about animals,” said Scott Helmstedter, Chief Creative Officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “Likewise, the Madagascar movies also inspire animal lovers, but in a different way with their inimitable charm and humor. We welcome these characters to our family with open arms and look forward to working with DreamWorks Animation on this incredibly funny and engaging new show.”

Madagascar is one of the most successful CG animated movie franchises of all time, grossing more than $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office. In 2012 “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted,” grossed over $740 million at the global box office, becoming the highest grossing film of the series.
Madagascar Live! Operation Vacation Full logo with characters.JPG

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 am

On the specific BGT page regarding the new show they mention that they will be enclosing the old Stanleyville theater and adding air-conditioning. Glad it is being remodeled and will add another option in the park to get out of the heat! http://seaworldparks.com/buschgardens-tampa/Attractions/Shows/Madagascar-Live

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!