TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

You never know, we may see another type of observation tower closer to the back of the park. With Windseeker and the wheel up front, Power Tower in the Middle, I could see another type of tall "family" style ride in the back... Maybe one of those "double use" towers we saw at IAAPA with an oberservation tower top and a roller coaster inside

I wouldn't mind if an observation tower of some sort was installed again, but with newer features. I don't know if they would though, because of Space Spiral's low ridership and I thought I heard that Windseeker was a suitable replacement, even though no cameras are permitted on it.

Also why they didn't do anything to Space Spiral besides blow it up, is because the foundation goes ridiculously deep and the age of it. Was impractical to do anything besides what happened to it. It'll forever be there in a sense cause of the foundation. They only scraped about 6ft off of it when they were prepping it for Gatekeeper, but a majority of it is still in the ground.

Intamin is still making them though, with the new 500ft tall one being installed at the Texas State Fair. Tallest ride again in the park is an observation tower, anyone?

You never know, we may see another type of observation tower closer to the back of the park. With Windseeker and the wheel up front, Power Tower in the Middle, I could see another type of tall "family" style ride in the back... Maybe one of those "double use" towers we saw at IAAPA with an oberservation tower top and a roller coaster inside

That would be nice, If the towers tall enough they could also take back, the tallest coaster record

Its a bit of a shame that nobody builds observation towers like the ones at the King's parks, they're a much better experience than the "ride" type ones. An observation deck high above the middle of cedar point would really be a memorable part of anyone's day there.

^I agree totally! Those are much better opportunities for photos and actually enjoying the views of the park, while enjoying a nice breeze, rather than trying to take photos through dirty windows while up there for about 4 seconds before coming back down. Space Spiral wasn't very good as an observation tower anyway...

That said I have a feeling that the gaps may end up being filled in before the start of the season.

It's been confirmed and mentioned several times that the gaps will not be filled in.

I have missed any official explanation of the gaps? I've heard they are permanent - for now but won't be permanent all the time.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Keyhole-Tower-Construction-Update

This does not say anything about "further down the road" but is the official confirmation on the gaps. It also says the color is not final, so I guess they will be painted an even prettier color

To the people complaining about the gaps...[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment] Seriously though, it looks great with or without gaps on the keyholes.

Well we wouldn't be enthusiasts if we didn't care

Does look pretty sweet. Can't wait to go this August.

And hopefully it'll disperse the crowds a little better. There's usually not many in that area, maybe Gatekeeper will draw some of the ungodly mobs to that area. Although it may cause the lines for Wicked Twister to go up

Yeah, I guess it will draw a bit of a crowd towards that area, I just hope that it doesn't draw a lot more people to the park itself (at least when go there in August).

Still, it looks really cool, I specially like the way it extends over a large area. It will for sure be a great way to welcome CP's guests.

(And I don't think that the gaps are that important, maybe i would like them not to be there but, who cares? It will provide some nice foot/head/hands and a bunch of other body parts chopper)