Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 126 - Trespasser dies at park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Mt Olympus announces: HADES 360

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 am

Jakizle wrote:
A.J. wrote:Did I miss something here? They're saying that it will be the first inverting wooden coaster...

Does this mean that it will open before Outlaw Run?

Nooo, they are trying to claim Outlaw Run isn't a true wooden coaster.

How Ironic that they would state that. ;) Hades is a hybrid, meaning it is not "all-wood".

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 pm

^ There's a difference between all wood and true wood. Hades is a "true" wooden coaster because of the track. Supports don't decide whether a coaster is wood or steel. Even though Hades isn't all wood because of it's steel supports, the track is still normal wood coaster track. Either way the whole argument is stupid, especially because Mount Olympus already has enough to market with this being the first coaster of any kind in Wisconsin to go upside down. That alone will be enough to advertise the ride. If WI already had 20 inverting coasters, then I would understand pushing the wood aspect of it.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:31 pm

deathbydinn wrote:^ There's a difference between all wood and true wood. Hades is a "true" wooden coaster because of the track. Supports don't decide whether a coaster is wood or steel. Even though Hades isn't all wood because of it's steel supports, the track is still normal wood coaster track. Either way the whole argument is stupid, especially because Mount Olympus already has enough to market with this being the first coaster of any kind in Wisconsin to go upside down. That alone will be enough to advertise the ride. If WI already had 20 inverting coasters, then I would understand pushing the wood aspect of it.

I agree with the whole wood vs. steel argument, it's petty. What I was getting at was the "all wood" statement. Yes, it is a wooden coaster, just not "all wooden"-which is whats advertised :lol:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby biker7766 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 pm

New Hades 360 update from Facebook!
constru.jpg

360.jpg

high.jpg
TPR's Queue Line Enthusiast!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Showin off like SFFT and Outlaw Run. Hehe....not gonna be the same. :-) Well....not fair to judge quite yet but I guess we'll have to see how it turns out. Hades looked like an amazing coaster so hopefully the changes will do it some justice.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 am

Forgive my massive n00bness...this is just having the hill after the first tunnel replaced with the barrel roll right? The rest fo the layout will be exactly the same?
Is this getting the topper track or any of those things? Seemed like a pretty sweet ride, would hate for it to be tinkered too much.
Also if it doesn't become a "hybrid" coaster of the new RMC style it wont technically be a new ride, unlike Iron Rattler and NTAG
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 am

I believe there's a change to a 110 degree turn after the roll if I'm not mistaken. It's in the press release, but I don't know if that's actually part of the original coaster or not.

The track is going to be built completely traditional, meaning the whole track is wood, minus the strips of track steel that the wheels ride along on. Difference with toppler track is that it replaces the top layers of wood with steel rail.

I'm disappointed that this is still only going to run 1 train. Was hoping maybe a 2nd one would of been added with the change to Timberliners. Maybe I'll get a chance to head over there this year.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 am

JJLehto wrote:Forgive my massive n00bness...this is just having the hill after the first tunnel replaced with the barrel roll right? The rest fo the layout will be exactly the same?
Is this getting the topper track or any of those things? Seemed like a pretty sweet ride, would hate for it to be tinkered too much.
Also if it doesn't become a "hybrid" coaster of the new RMC style it wont technically be a new ride, unlike Iron Rattler and NTAG

From this video, you can see that it is the hill after the first tunnel becoming the barrel roll and that it will have traditional wooden track in the barrel roll.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Lareson wrote:I believe there's a change to a 110 degree turn after the roll if I'm not mistaken. It's in the press release, but I don't know if that's actually part of the original coaster or not.

The track is going to be built completely traditional, meaning the whole track is wood, minus the strips of track steel that the wheels ride along on. Difference with toppler track is that it replaces the top layers of wood with steel rail.

I'm disappointed that this is still only going to run 1 train. Was hoping maybe a 2nd one would of been added with the change to Timberliners. Maybe I'll get a chance to head over there this year.

So keeping the traditional wood and layout, but with a few changes and improved trains?
Awesome! :) Now just need a reason to go to Wisconsin
And thanks XYZ, just work blocks youtube so I can't actually see the link right now. Thank goodness they don't know/care about TPR!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 pm

After riding it a while back I still can't believe this is going in. At least there will be two seconds of that ride on new track that will be smooth. Maybe.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!